Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Sports Talk (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk-21/)
-   -   Blackhawks ( HOCKEY ) (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk/43850-blackhawks-hockey.html)

Blacksheep 03-07-2013 02:51 AM

Blackhawks ( HOCKEY )

21-O-3 Defeating the Colorado Avalanche 3-2 moments ago, pretty incredible streak.

RebelDarlin 03-07-2013 07:19 AM

Amazing aren't they!?

)

Jackrabbit379 03-07-2013 08:20 PM

I don't know much about hockey, but that's quite an accomplishment. That seems very unusual to have a record like that. I get tickled at the records on hockey and baseball as well. Teams will have a (eg.) 48-37-14 record. lol

Blacksheep 03-08-2013 09:31 PM

It's a nice start but if they don't win Lord Stanley's cup it will only be a footnote in the record book.

Mystikal 03-09-2013 02:03 PM

I'm a diehard wings fan having grown up in the detroit area and when I saw they were going up against the blackhawks with their record of like 20-0... I couldnt bring myself to watch, or even listen, to the game. I told the lady we were gonna lose 2 days before they played. I dunno if I can stoop to rooting for them in the cup yet.

Allan M 03-11-2013 09:38 AM

Well the streak is over and they've lost two in a row. The Colorado Avalanche gave them their first loss of the season 6-2 in regulation on the road and the Edmonton Oilers beat them at home in Chicago 6-5 last night.

Mystikal 03-11-2013 02:42 PM

I don't think itll matter ultimately tho.. still have the best record in the league.. but seeing a team go in undefeated would have been a feat. I think this compressed schedule is wearing on all the players no matter the team. Hopefully next year there isn't a lockout and we can have a decent season with adequete rest.

Mr. Ford95 03-11-2013 11:35 PM

Unfortunately had they gone perfect for the regular season it would have had to have an asterisk in the record book as a shortened season. Amazing run though, are they already locked into the playoffs with that run?

I know the Caps were on a run there at the start of the season, nothing but losses or ties, they have gotten hot but we will see if it's enough, wish Adam Oates was playing instead of coaching them.

Blacksheep 03-12-2013 12:22 AM

No but I think 52 points gets you in so I think they'll make it.

Allan M 03-12-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystikal (Post 524337)
I don't think itll matter ultimately tho.. still have the best record in the league.. but seeing a team go in undefeated would have been a feat. I think this compressed schedule is wearing on all the players no matter the team. Hopefully next year there isn't a lockout and we can have a decent season with adequete rest.

The new CBA has a term of 10 years with a mutual opt-out clause after eight years so no worry's about another lockout for a while.