Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Sports Talk (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk-21/)
-   -   A story on Mr Vick. (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk/36186-story-mr-vick.html)

ironeagle_2006 11-25-2008 05:18 PM

Big Jeep I am friends with my hometowns K-9 officer. Last month his dog Zues made the ultimate scarifice to save his handler. He gave his life to save his HANDLER and 3 other officers on a drug raid. Yes he was a Police Dog yet they are the first ones to go in and drag out someone that is barricaed in or has weapons that way maybe both the suspect and police survive.

Jackrabbit379 11-25-2008 05:38 PM

I thought that I just heard on ESPN that Vick might be out by next January, and might be able to play next year. Did I hear right? http://img2.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/msn/msn17.gif

BIG JEEP on 44's 11-25-2008 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ironeagle_2006 (Post 425608)
Big Jeep I am friends with my hometowns K-9 officer. Last month his dog Zues made the ultimate scarifice to save his handler. He gave his life to save his HANDLER and 3 other officers on a drug raid. Yes he was a Police Dog yet they are the first ones to go in and drag out someone that is barricaed in or has weapons that way maybe both the suspect and police survive.

If the legal system was not set up to create uderground drug rings/dealers to keep the legal system boomng from the law enforcement end to the prison system end ...then I guess we would'nt have drug raids ...And a dog is not a police officer he/she is just an animal that a person trains to act in a specific manner...it's not like the dog has clue 1 as to why it's being commnded to enter a house and attack an individual it just simply does ,because it's trained to not because it has personal reason to .

Sparks280zt 11-25-2008 07:51 PM

I am pretty sure we have all fallen short of the glory. So ya know, if Vick serves his time and learns his lesson, in my book he is ok to play.

Judge not lest ye be judged, right fellas?

BIG JEEP on 44's 11-25-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparks280zt (Post 425643)
I am pretty sure we have all fallen short of the glory. So ya know, if Vick serves his time and learns his lesson, in my book he is ok to play.

Judge not lest ye be judged, right fellas?

I'm not condning Vicks lifestyle when it comes to dog fighting ,But I find many taking far too much personal joy in taking everything he has away and keeping it away ...It seems more like an expression of jealousy than just a simple punishment .

Sparks280zt 11-25-2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG JEEP on 44's (Post 425644)
I'm not condning Vicks lifestyle when it comes to dog fighting ,But I find many taking far too much personal joy in taking everything he has away and keeping it away ...It seems more like an expression of jealousy than just a simple punishment .

I can agree with you on that.

dobry4u 08-14-2009 06:48 PM

Michael Vick signs two-year deal with Philadelphia Eagles - ESPN

the Eagles suck :thumbsdown:

Jackrabbit379 08-14-2009 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dobry4u (Post 459193)

I was about to find this or one of the other 'Vick' threads, and say something about it. My dad told me last night that he is playing for the eagles. I'm surprised that the commissioner allowed him back in. I thought Michael was banned lol. Guess not. I hope he does good. Himself that is. Not the eagles. They could lose all their games for all I care. I really hope that he has learned his lesson, and I also hope that he has straighted up. Might not, but maybe.

Mr. Ford95 08-14-2009 08:35 PM

Nice to see he will be a backup for the time being. Means he will have to earn his playing time unless Donovan goes down injured or stinks the joint up worse than Vick ever did previously. I'd rather see him earn it to get back into the league but this will do, starting back out as a backup is better than coming right out to start the season as the #1 QB. Means he will eat a little humble pie and show some real talent vs some fancy footwork. Too bad they won't get Cleveland this year, the Dawg Pound would be all over him.

dobry4u 08-14-2009 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 (Post 459206)
Nice to see he will be a backup for the time being.

:puke:

Personally, I would like to see him on a twig raft on its way to Cuba.