Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Sports Talk (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk-21/)
-   -   UT (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk/21572-ut.html)

dk132 10-24-2006 01:18 AM

UT

Any LONG HORNS fans here. Nebraska turned out to be a little tougher than I though.

Jackrabbit379 10-24-2006 07:29 AM

Sorry,Im not a fan of either one. Maybe the Longhorns will be in the SEC next year,and see how long they remain ranked :D ,but anytime you play Nebraska at home,you are going to have a tough game. The Cornhuskers come to play when they have the Sea of Red cheering them on at Memorial Stadium.

Adam9315 10-24-2006 07:48 AM

Im a University of Tennessee fan :D

Kid Dynamite 10-24-2006 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379
Maybe the Longhorns will be in the SEC next year

Even if they are not, they come back on the HOGS schedule in 2 years for a 2 year series. Funny, they said they would never play us again after getting torched @ home in 03', 38-28...a day that will go down in Arkansas lore. Then in 04' took a Matt Jones fumble w/us on the Texass 15yrd line with 1 minute left to hang on to a 22-20 win. We split the series and that was close enough for them. Of course Arkansas athletic director can't even stand to watch the game b/c of the shootout's w/Texas over 30 decades ago...he had a mild heart attack minutes before kickoff! I'm hoping that we will become a permanent fixture on each others schedule, I can't wait!!

Even Houston Nutt loves it!!
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h3..._hornshell.jpg

Midnight Flyer 10-25-2006 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite
Quote:

Even if they are not, they come back on the HOGS schedule in 2 years for a 2 year series. Funny, they said they would never play us again after getting torched @ home in 03', 38-28...a day that will go down in Arkansas lore. Then in 04' took a Matt Jones fumble w/us on the Texass 15yrd line with 1 minute left to hang on to a 22-20 win. We split the series and that was close enough for them. Of course Arkansas athletic director can't even stand to watch the game b/c of the shootout's w/Texas over 30 decades ago...he had a mild heart attack minutes before kickoff! I'm hoping that we will become a permanent fixture on each others schedule, I can't wait!!

:D Yeah, and don't forget the Cotton Bowl from several years back (in 2000 I think) when Clint Stoerner and Anthony Lucas waxed the Horns' butts big time!! 8)

dk132 10-25-2006 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight Flyer
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite
Quote:

:D Yeah, and don't forget the Cotton Bowl from several years back (in 2000 I think) when Clint Stoerner and Anthony Lucas waxed the Horns' butts big time!! 8)

Ya looooong time ago, lets not forget about the last two rose bowls. Everyone hates the horns b/c they are a good team year after year. Sure they have lost some games. They are almost always at the top.

Jackrabbit379 10-25-2006 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dk132
Everyone hates the horns b/c they are a good team year after year. Sure they have lost some games. They are almost always at the top.

Well,the reason I dont care much for the Horns,isnt because they are good. I like Florida State,and they're not going too good this year. The reason why I hate the Horns is because they think their feet dont stink because they play in a conference that 80% of the schools are weak. Oh,and let me add the Division 1-AA schools as well. Sure,you got Oklahoma,which Coach Stoops has a good program. You have Nebraska,which is always hard to stop that run it down your throat offence. A&M,well,they are just a bunch of Aggies,that just want to knock out the Horns. Oklahoma State,ehh,they have their ups,and downs. The Double T,Tech,they would be a power house with that offence they got from the former Stephenville High School football coach,but they need to beef up the defence. Then you have Kansas,and K-State. Those two are not football schools. They are basketball schools. Baylor,bless their hearts. Iowa State,well,they try,and the Horns walk all over that 80% of the Big 12. WOW! :roll: The Division 1-AA schools aint gotta chance,either. Like I said,put the Horns in the SEC,or even the ACC for that matter,and see how long they would be ranked. Yeah,I would like to see Texas go to Death Valley,and put up 60 points on the board against Clemson.

Jackrabbit379 10-25-2006 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnight Flyer

Yeah,and that was a stupid thing for Dallas to do,get rid of Clint Stoerner. He was a natural. Only got to play for a short time. Of course,anytime Jerry Jonesey gets anyone good,he gets rid of him. I saw Stoerner in a game his rookie year,as a holder/backup QB. Twice in the same game,as the holder,took the ball on the fake field goal,and got the first down,both times,and looked like an All Pro. I looked at my dad(I was at his house on Sunday watching the game),and I was like,and why isnt he starting as their QB? Next thing I knew,he was gone. Dont know what happened to him.

Kid Dynamite 10-25-2006 12:53 PM

Clint had a short stint with the Miami Dolphins, but was released after Week 2. He was out of football for the remainder of the season... Re-signed with the Dolphins on Jan 14, 2004, and was allocated to the Amsterdam Admirals of NFL Europe, where he started all 10 games and completed 147-of-259 passes for 1,788 yards, 11 touchdowns and 10 interceptions. He returned to Miami, but was released at the end of training camp.
He then went on the play with the Dallas Desperados (AFL) in 2005 Finished his rookie campaign shattering league rookie passing records in attempts (506), completions (322), passing yards (3,918) and touchdowns (77) while being named to the All-Rookie Team… He completed 63.6 percent of his throws and was intercepted 12 times on the season.
He was then traded it the Nashville Cats in 10/05. He played with them in 2005-2006 where he was 233 of 394 for 59.1%, resulting in 3134YRDS, 54 TDS, 12 INTS and a QB Rating of 106.1
He currently plays for the Cats, does Football camps across Arkansas and other areas. I've seen him out from time to time at bars in Fayetteville and other areas. He's a very cool, down to earth guy if you ever see him.
You can check him out on his website-
http://www.clintstoerner.com/

Mr. Ford95 10-29-2006 12:57 AM

Texas Tech is making a mockery of the Texas D with their dink and dunk passing game. 364 passing yards in the 1st half alone for Tech. on 24-30. They may go for 600+ if Texas doesn't adjust their D to Nickel and Dime schemes. Need to drop 8 into coverage and hope your front 3 can stop the run on their own. If not Harrell will just keep picking the D apart. They have blitzed the do-do outta him and he keeps getting the ball off for big plays.

Being a former WR in my playing days of high school football, I love how the Tech WR's catch the ball, they use their hands all the time. I can't figure out why more of their WR's are drafted so high in the NFL draft each year. Put the ball anywhere near them and it's like they have stick'em on their hands. They are fundamentally sound from what I've seen compared to all these guys who get picked above them.