Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Sports Talk (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk-21/)
-   -   Who's the best cornerback in the NFL? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/sports-talk/21102-whos-best-cornerback-nfl.html)

Midnight Flyer 10-04-2006 11:59 PM

Who's the best cornerback in the NFL?

:D Awright guys, who do you think is the best cornerback in the NFL (past or present)? :moose:

Jackrabbit379 10-05-2006 06:29 AM

Everson Walls :D 8)

Mr. Ford95 10-05-2006 09:18 AM

Dick "Nighttrain" Lane

Jackrabbit379 10-05-2006 03:15 PM

oooh. Yeah,I saw a documentry on ESPN about him a long time ago,and I couldnt believe it.

Kid Dynamite 10-05-2006 03:45 PM

Come on, this shouldn't even be a topic of discussion, how can yall over look Ahmad "Burnt Toast" Carroll... :roll: geez

yoopr 10-05-2006 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite:
Come on, this shouldn't even be a topic of discussion, how can yall over look Ahmad "Burnt Toast" Carroll... :roll: geez

Damn-You beat me to it :P

Kid Dynamite 10-05-2006 03:55 PM

Seriously though, does this include all DB's or just CB's? My vote if it's just CB's would be Rod Woodson, b/c of his tenacious D, but also b/c of his ability to return kicks. Now, if we are are looking at DB's overall, I'd have to go w/Ronnie Lott. That dude was a machine.

yoopr 10-05-2006 04:00 PM

well if it included all DB's I'd Put down LeRoy Butler-what an awesome guy

Jackrabbit379 10-05-2006 08:39 PM

Fred "The Hammer" Williamson :lol:

Bill Bates :P

yoopr 10-05-2006 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Jackrabbit379:
Fred "The Hammer" Williamson :lol:

Bill Bates :P

For some reason I KNEW a Texan would mention Bates. Gotta admit he was good.

Jackrabbit379 10-05-2006 09:42 PM

Yeah. Thought I would throw him in there. :P :lol:

Yeah,LeRoy Butler was a mean man. :shock: :P The Pack has had some really good talent over the years. Correct me if I'm wrong,but wasnt it LeRoy Butler that invented the leap thingie,when the guys jump up in the end zone,and the crowd hugs them?

Midnight Flyer 10-05-2006 10:00 PM

Yeah,LeRoy Butler was a mean man. :shock: :P The Pack has had some really good talent over the years. Correct me if I'm wrong,but wasnt it LeRoy Butler that invented the leap thingie,when the guys jump up in the end zone,and the crowd hugs them?

:D That's called "The Lambeau Leap"! 8)

Mr. Ford95 10-05-2006 10:18 PM

"The Hammer" was a wimp compared to Jack Tatum of the Raiders. Tatum would bust his own mother open if he ever got the chance.

Nighttrain Lane was scary bad, the NFL invented a few rules to stop him from injuring WR's trying to catch passes. You aren't allowed to clothesline a guy nor grab them by the facemask and tackle them these days, but those were HIS ways to tackle someone.

Jackrabbit379 10-05-2006 10:29 PM

That Raider secondary was nasty. Ive seen video footage about those guys.

Twilight Flyer 10-05-2006 11:36 PM

Whether you liked his flashiness or not, Deion Sanders for all around pure CB talent, has to be mentioned in the same group as one of the best. Even more so for his abilities to return kicks and to double as a WR. The guy was flat out talented.

Add Jason Sehorn to that group, too.

Jackrabbit379 10-05-2006 11:40 PM

Why dont we add T.O to the list as well. He is as flashy as that neon prime time show off. :P

Add Eugene Lockhart too. Oh wait,he was a linebacker. Sorry. :P

yoopr 10-06-2006 12:07 AM

Leap "THINGIE"???????? :shock:
That's the Lambeau LEAP to you MISTER :P
and Yes-LeRoy started it-Came from playing for Bobbie Bowden to the Pack where he played his ENTIRE career. Wish he was still there.

Mr. Ford95 10-06-2006 09:38 AM

Dieon was good for his talent to play different positions but he couldn't tackle worth a darn. He would give the guy an "OLAAA" and attempt to arm tackle them.

Midnight Flyer 10-06-2006 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer:
Add Jason Sehorn to that group, too.

:D Ten-four on Jason Sehorn! He's in the top five best, if not the best! Batman Carrol could be good if he'd quit letting his mouth overload his ass! 8)

Jackrabbit379 10-06-2006 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by yoopr:
Leap "THINGIE"???????? :shock:
That's the Lambeau LEAP to you MISTER :P
and Yes-LeRoy started it-Came from playing for Bobbie Bowden to the Pack where he played his ENTIRE career. Wish he was still there.

Ok,ok. Im sorry. :oops: :cry: I'm not swiss,or cheddar :shock: :P ,so I didn't know what the exact name was,but,I knew it was leap something. :P I thought that he did. I remember hearing one time,that he was one of the few that did it at first. For what I remember,he was pretty tough.

yoopr 10-06-2006 10:32 PM

He wrote a book called "from Wheelchair to the Lambeau Leap"
He was born with Polio. He comes up here once in awhile and is a Super Guy.

Jackrabbit379 10-06-2006 10:47 PM

Dang,I didnt know that. It amazes me how many NFL guys have had some hard lives growing up.