User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2012, 07:00 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Super Bowl at last!

People keep asking me who I'm "for" or who I think will win. I'm not sure I know the answer to EITHER.

You gotta like Brady. He's possibly the BEST "pure passing" quarterback of my lifetime. Better than Young, Montana, Marino... even Roger Staubach! The list could go on, and there have been so many GREAT quarterbacks and especially "passing" quarterbacks. But, this guy is like a MACHINE! The closest thing to a "robot" I've ever seen play the game. I've seen better receiving corps on any given team at one time or another... but, he seems to have the same results with anyone that plays with him for a single season or more.

Then you have Eli (little brother) Manning. You don't know how much I wanted to hate this guy from the very beginning of his career. After begrudgingly coming to the conclusion that Payton Manning could actually "have the stuff" to follow his father into the annals of sports history... along comes "little brother." Yes... it's a deep seated neurosis. "I" was a little brother that followed my larger, more athletic, older brother into football. [I'm pretty SURE y'all never heard of either one of us! ]

I thought SURE he was destined to fail, or come up short of both his brother and his dad. I didn't want to see him suffer that final indignation. I didn't want to see his father or his brother have to suffer his broken dreams... and pick up the pieces of a life shattered by the inevitability of reality. To be honest? I just didn't want to see him struggle and fail to live up to his OWN expectations for his own life.

Boy... was I wrong!

Like Brady... Payton has mostly been blessed with "prime" receivers, rushing backs, defenses and offensive protection. But, we've SEEN what happens to a perfect team when the QB is out for a season (Colts.) I don't think we WANT to see what would happen to N.E. without Brady. But, somehow... I think "little brother" has purposely aided in building a team that could survive (and win) without HIM! That's the DEFINITION of a "team leader" or "quarterback."

And now.... he has a chance to win one MORE SuperBowl than his brother, Payton? [You could knock me over with a stick!]

Call me a sentimentalist. Call me a SAP. Call me a romantic. I don't care... I'm pulling for "little brother" ELI!!!!

But... IF I had any money... (and IF it was "smarter" than me...) naw... nevermind, I'd probably STILL take a chance on the upset odds and put it on Eli! What would you get betting on Brady? Even money?

To be clear: I fully expect another "clinic" on passing, scoring and winning by Brady tonight. I hope it is at least very close. But, I would not be surprised IN THE LEAST to see an upset for the record books from "little brother Eli" ... and an upset for the ages!

Perhaps, I dream. But so what?

It will be difficult.... but, tonight I will pull for the Giants!

Hobo [Steve's little brother]

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 02-06-2012, 07:46 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Real gay liberal halftime show. :roll: .... can they get any more lame?