User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2011, 03:46 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

TCU accepted the invite to the BIG-12. 1 down 2 to go to make it a true BIG-"12" again.
Old 10-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Board Icon

It's official. TCU is in.
I heard a caller on a radio program ask about Boise, BYU joining the Big 12. Wouldn't that throw a fox in the hen house.. :lol:

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 10-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Board Icon

I doubt Boise goes Big 12. They really would like to get into the Pac-12-14-16 or whatever they call it. They do a ton of recruiting in Cali.

Big 12 commish said they will sit at 10 teams for now........until Mizzou makes an official announcement. I really think SMU could be in line for an invite if Louisville doesn't get it. Louisville brings in top notch money of those that have been mentioned and excellent facilities. Football is down but their other athletics are pretty good.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Board Icon

I wouldn't think Boise would be in the Big 12.
They moved to the MWC, not sure if that's better than the wac, but I think Boise would be better in the Pac 10 than Colorado. It still seems odd to hear Colorado in the Pac 10.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Board Icon

Yes the MWC was an upgrade from the WAC, well that was until Utah bolted for the Pac and TCU bolted for the BE/Big 12 now. Now the MWC is what the WAC was before Boise left, 1 team and a bunch of pretenders.
Old 10-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Board Icon

Looks like the Boise rumor is picking up steam as the next team to move. BE is in talks with Boise to make them a full member. I thought adding TCU was a major stretch, now they want to add Boise, from Idaho, to the Big East..........that's not a stretch, that's off your rocker. Boise is VERY reluctant to that move. They cited several reasons, the BE is a conference with no stability right now and their prestige is WAY down. Not to mention they still have the opportunity to join the Big 12 if Mizzou leaves. The travel is another issue for all members. I did hear that Temple is being looked at as possibly, they are being given a "Super sorry we kicked you out a few years ago, he's an offer to come back." Also saw that Central Florida apparently has an offer already to join the BE per George O'Leary. Can you trust him though, he's the one who lost his glamour job at ND because he told 1 lie on the application he submitted, didn't even coach 1 game and was out.
Old 10-29-2011, 05:57 PM
Board Icon

It's official, WVU to the Big 12 after some politicians got into it with each other. The new fight will be when WVU starts play in the Big 12. Big 12 and WVU say next season, Big East says it won't happen until 2014 at the earliest. The Big East has said the same with Pitt and Cuse, they aren't allowed to leave until 2014. Both have stated they will be playing in the ACC sooner than that, money talks and they will pony up the dough to leave sooner.

As of right now, the Big East will only have 5 football members unless they pick up some more schools. Louisville is still being rumored to leave which would leave only 4 football members. Big East might as well go back to pre-1991 when they were a basketball conference.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:45 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95 View Post
It's official, WVU to the Big 12 after some politicians got into it with each other. The new fight will be when WVU starts play in the Big 12. Big 12 and WVU say next season, Big East says it won't happen until 2014 at the earliest. The Big East has said the same with Pitt and Cuse, they aren't allowed to leave until 2014. Both have stated they will be playing in the ACC sooner than that, money talks and they will pony up the dough to leave sooner.

As of right now, the Big East will only have 5 football members unless they pick up some more schools. Louisville is still being rumored to leave which would leave only 4 football members. Big East might as well go back to pre-1991 when they were a basketball conference.
Tuberville is already whinning about having to fly into Pittsburgh and bus 1 1/2 hrs to Morgantown, although I don't think it's that far is it?
Old 10-29-2011, 09:41 PM
Board Icon

It's 75 miles from Pittsburgh. Why don't they line up some smaller planes if it's such a PITA and fly right into Morgantown then? Look at VT for comparison, you have to fly into Roanoke then drive 40-45 miles. What do they do with K-St or Baylor where it looks like the airport they have to fly into is a good drive away? Tuberville forgets where he coached previously. Guess he forgets those trips to Ole Miss where you either took a bus or flew into Memphis then bused down. Or Miss St where you either took a bus or flew into Jackson, MS then drove an 1 1/2 up to Starkville. Bet they never flew to Gainesville from Auburn. Not that it mattered, if they flew it would have been into Jacksonville then busing over. FSU even flies out of Jacksonville.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:38 PM
Board Icon

Maybe this move makes sense, but it doesn't to me. I agree with Tuberville. I think WV would fit in with the Big 12, but wouldn't it make more sense to bring in Houston, or SMU? Or even Tulsa?
It is stupid that Boise may be going to the east. They should have applied for the pac 10, before Colorado got in there. I think they would have been better off west, than east. lol