User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2008, 11:48 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Cowboys

Cowboys are still the team to beat in the NFC East, barely. They squeak by Philly and lose to the Skins. It looked like Dallas was taken out of their game plan early against the Skins, as there was hardly any sighting of Barber?

With the Giants showing they are still a threat and the Skins coming on strong Dallas better watch their back. The nonsense conversation about them matching the 2007 Pats winning record or even offense should now cease.

Bottom Line: They need to work on their D before they get to the playoffs.

Dallas is in the toughest division, so where/if they enter the playoffs is still a question.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:21 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Yeah, the skins came to play and the Cowboys couldn't get their running game on track.

But I'm going to say this and I won't apologize for it. At this rate, there won't be any referees available to ref the playoffs. The calls that were missed in that game, as well as the phantom 12-men on the field call, ought to take another crew out of the playoffs. I heard Hochueli screwed up another call in the Panthers game, too, although that didn't effect the outcome this time. Still, when is the NFL going to do something about the shoddy referees? It's getting beyond old and I don't think we're that far away from seeing another Triplett decking or worse.

Still, with the offense the Cowboys have, it should never have been close enough for bad calls to effect them.

And it's early in the season. The Eagle fell last night to the Bears, so they might not be as hot as I thought. I don't see the Skins being any better than 9-7 and I don't for a moment believe the Giants are for real. I think the Cowboys loss will go a long way to grounding them in reality and understanding they are in a tough division that they need to win. They're still a 12-4 or 13-3 team this year, by far. So no worries.

Old 09-29-2008, 02:48 PM
Senior Board Member

I think the 'boys are setting up for a huge meltdown. Owens is already starting to whine and Romo cant keep playing at that level.
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...all-enoug.html
Old 09-29-2008, 03:40 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Owens got it plenty yesterday and he dropped a couple, too boot. But Romo misfired on a couple of shots to him, too, one that should have been a TD.

Like I said, the Cowboys didn't come ready to play like they should have. Hang that loss on the whole team.

Old 09-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Yeah, the skins came to play and the Cowboys couldn't get their running game on track.

But I'm going to say this and I won't apologize for it. At this rate, there won't be any referees available to ref the playoffs. The calls that were missed in that game, as well as the phantom 12-men on the field call, ought to take another crew out of the playoffs. I heard Hochueli screwed up another call in the Panthers game, too, although that didn't effect the outcome this time. Still, when is the NFL going to do something about the shoddy referees? It's getting beyond old and I don't think we're that far away from seeing another Triplett decking or worse.

Still, with the offense the Cowboys have, it should never have been close enough for bad calls to effect them.

And it's early in the season. The Eagle fell last night to the Bears, so they might not be as hot as I thought. I don't see the Skins being any better than 9-7 and I don't for a moment believe the Giants are for real. I think the Cowboys loss will go a long way to grounding them in reality and understanding they are in a tough division that they need to win. They're still a 12-4 or 13-3 team this year, by far. So no worries.
It's too early to judge anything except that the NFC East has a lot of parity, so they will continue to knock each other off, and dilute their win/loss records.

Bottom Line: Get in the Playoffs and it's anybody's game. There is not one team out there that instills fear. We are only going into week #5 folks.
Old 09-29-2008, 04:02 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronjon619
I think the 'boys are setting up for a huge meltdown. Owens is already starting to whine and Romo cant keep playing at that level.
http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...all-enoug.html
Owens is another element to the equation, and I am talking about off the field. Not wise to bitch about only being 1/3 of the offensive targeting (per what I heard). Supposedly Owens was target in 20 of the 60 total offensive plays. He wants more. All I know is, you better bring Barber back into the game plan.......
Old 09-29-2008, 06:09 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Yeah, Barber had 8 rushes, Felix Jones had none. Garrett is usually a pretty good play caller, but he screwed the pooch on this game. Barber is the bread and butter of that offense and when he's running, the passing game is wide open. Romo had something 47 pass attempts...the offense was way too unbalanced and never got on track.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Board Icon

Didn't see this week's blown call by Hochuli but he is still the best ref in the league. He at least mans up to his mistakes. The helmet to helmet is legit even when it's close. Carolina is my team and Peppers is my favorite player but anytime you go high on a QB while leading with your head or shoulder, expect a 15 yard penalty.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:17 PM
Senior Board Member

Fox Sports via Troy Akiman counted the players on teh field HE CAME UP WITH 12 also. They had to many men on the field so get over it. They did it from 3 differant views inculding overhead and came up with 12 each time so the refs got it right. The Cowgirls fans are mad that they got beat by the Redskins AT HOME the LAST TIME AT TEXAS STADIUM BY A ROOKIE COACH. Sorry he had a better gameplan and did it better than you did.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:56 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Quote:
Fox Sports via Troy Akiman counted the players on teh field HE CAME UP WITH 12 also. They had to many men on the field so get over it.
You must have been watching a different FOX sports with a different Troy Aikman, than I did. I saw the 3 different angles...and #12 in all 3 angles was on an empty part of the field. Aikman and Buck both commented about Dallas making a mistake not challenging and both of them talked about the officials not having a good year. It was a blown call, period.

I take it you also missed the 3 plays in the 2nd half where the skins had movement on the line and it wasn't called.

You must have also missed the play where Adam Jones had his head nearly torn off on a facemask, 5 feet in front of a ref who was staring right at him.

The bottom line is that the Cowboys didn't have a good gameplan and therefore they lost it on bad calls. That's totally on them for putting themselves in that predicament. It doesn't, however, change the fact that the refs in that game were horrible and will, justifiably, get downgraded.

Quote:
The Cowgirls fans are mad that they got beat by the Redskins AT HOME the LAST TIME AT TEXAS STADIUM BY A ROOKIE COACH.
I'm not mad at all. It'll be a good reality check for the Cowboys early in the season. Zorn is a rookie coach, sure. But he's a good one and he outcoached Phillips and Garrett, bottom line. Kudos to him.

Quote:
Sorry he had a better gameplan and did it better than you did.
What, did you see me on the sidelines or something? I don't remember gameplanning for the Cowboys this week. You ought to lay of those ping pong balls. They're effecting your judgement.

:roll: