User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2007, 03:39 PM
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I would not want to be Teresa Earnhardt right now. She had better have locked all her doors armed the security systems and hired some bodygaurds. Look for her to have a few flying Buds thrown at her next time she goes to a track let alone a few diecasts of #3 cars.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:41 PM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
I would not want to be Teresa Earnhardt right now. She had better have locked all her doors armed the security systems and hired some bodygaurds. Look for her to have a few flying Buds thrown at her next time she goes to a track let alone a few diecasts of #3 cars.
oh brother-grow up
Old 05-10-2007, 03:47 PM

Think about it she is basically the reason why that Dale Sr's NAMESAKE son is LEAVING the company. You are talking about 7 time Champions son the MOST POPULAR DRIVER in the sport. Now all of a sudden she is losing the cash cow of the company do to the fact that she could not GIVE UP CONTROL of the RACE TEAM to a RACER.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:57 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I don't follow NASCRAP, but I've actually followed this story from a business standpoint. My personal belief is that Teresa screwed up, big time. As violently loyal as a lot of racing fans get, she got herself up to the top of the most-hated list pretty quickly.

My guess is that this whole thing is a well-planned coupe by Jr. He leaves the team, lets them founder a couple of years, then walks back in and buys them up cheap and kicks Teresa to the curb. He's a young guy, he can afford to wait. And most important of all, he's the one with the name.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:27 PM
Board Icon

Interesting. Hmmmm. I guess, I havent kept up with the news, lately.

http://watsonsysco.com/
Old 05-10-2007, 09:03 PM
Board Icon

So per the news conference(which I have not seen or heard myself) he is leaving DEI but has no future plans. :? Here is what I see happening:

1) Jr will not finish the season at DEI unless he makes the Chase though he may bolt sooner after Teresa's little response today.
2) Only Gibbs and RCR have room for him next year and I do not think Gibbs is into running a beer sponsored car.
3) He goes to RCR and runs the #8 after Teresa and Richard come to terms on simply trading car numbers. She will give up the 8 to get the 3 that she has sought since Dale's death.
4) DEI merges with Yates and still flounders about.

Mack, you do not have to run a number once per year to retain it. Once NASCAR issue's a car owner a number, it is that car owner's as long as they pay NASCAR the money, yearly, to have the rights to it. If they do not pay, the number is given to the next in line that wants it. RCR has paid for the #3 every year so that it cannot be run by Joe Nobody.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ford95
So per the news conference(which I have not seen or heard myself) he is leaving DEI but has no future plans. :? Here is what I see happening:

1) Jr will not finish the season at DEI unless he makes the Chase though he may bolt sooner after Teresa's little response today.
2) Only Gibbs and RCR have room for him next year and I do not think Gibbs is into running a beer sponsored car.
3) He goes to RCR and runs the #8 after Teresa and Richard come to terms on simply trading car numbers. She will give up the 8 to get the 3 that she has sought since Dale's death.
4) DEI merges with Yates and still flounders about.

Mack, you do not have to run a number once per year to retain it. Once NASCAR issue's a car owner a number, it is that car owner's as long as they pay NASCAR the money, yearly, to have the rights to it. If they do not pay, the number is given to the next in line that wants it. RCR has paid for the #3 every year so that it cannot be run by Joe Nobody.
Jr gave Theresa a pretty smarmy shot when, I'm paraphrasing, that she will be in a home in a few years.
I think Jr. will finish his obligation to DEI. He has too or he'll get the pants sued off of him for Breach.
Don't know what the big deal with Childress is because they've had about as much success as DEI.
I agree with the #3 scenario, sort of.
Who REALLY screwed up, in my opinion, is John Menard when he sponsored DEI. From the Get Go I thought he should have gone with #17 who lived just down the road from Menard headquarters.
Old 05-10-2007, 09:21 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

I saw the transcript over lunch. He's finishing out the year with them.

Old 05-10-2007, 09:48 PM
Senior Board Member

Mr. Ford95 thanks for answering my question.
Old 05-10-2007, 10:26 PM
Board Icon

Not a prob Mack.

Yes, Jr has to finish out the season in the DEI #8, HE cannot decide to leave as he wishes BUT, if he misses the Chase then DEI will toss him to the curb much like we saw with Jeremy Mayfield last year. The company can choose to replace him ASAP to get another driver in there and start working with the crew though Tony Eury Jr said he was going to follow Jr to wherever he went. Jr is on the cusp of either making it or missing out again on the Chase though we still have more than 15 races to go.

RCR nearly won the Cup last year, after several years of struggles they had 2 drivers with a legit shot to win it going into the last 2 races. RCR is the only top team that can take Jr. Richard already said, "If and when his deal with DEI falls thru, I'm going to have a talk with him." Meaning he is going to spend the big bucks to go get him if he has to. RCR wants a 4th car but they haven't found the right driver to be able to start up that 4th team.

Ginn Racing could take him but they already have 3 teams and aren't looking for a 4th yet. Same with Gibbs, J.D was quoted as saying, "While we would love to have Dale Jr in our stable, we are not ready to start a 4th team just for him nor are we ready to have an alcohol sponsored car."