User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

It would set a very bad precedent if he does file assault charges and they go thru. With some of the cowards in the NFL these days, they will start filing assault charges everytime they get bodyslammed or hit hard. Heck, the QB could file charges everytime he is sacked, as could the RB everytime he runs the ball.
Old 10-03-2006, 03:49 PM
Board Icon

I may be totally wrong on this,but if I remember right,Roy Williams has been fined a couple of times for hitting guys too hard. It is a safety issue. I can understand it,on account of the guy who is getting hit,for his well being,but if you cant take the heat,get out of the kitchen.
Old 10-03-2006, 06:13 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

I agree...if you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen and hard hits are part of the game. But this butthead stomped on Guroudes head. And when the helmet came off, he stomped and kicked again, resulting in 30 stitches being needed to close the wounds. This wasn't just football...this was blatant assault. They need to file charges and kick his ass out of the N.F.L. It's not like this is the first time, either. Read the stories...this is the same guy that got into several fights with his teammates in the locker room, that went after another teammate with a 10 foot pole back in college. He's a freakin' nutjob and a 5 game suspension isn't squat. Good thing the N.F.L. polices their own. Hopefully, his career ends shortly after coming back.

Old 10-03-2006, 08:36 PM
Board Icon

Oh I agree Twilight, the players are going to punish him when they get the chance. They will remember this incident and if they ever get a chance to lay a "Woooo" lick on him, they are not going to hesitate. He is a marked man now. At least Kyle Turley ripped the guys helmet off and tossed it 40 yards downfield, he didn't turn aorund and stomp on the guys head.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:32 PM
Senior Board Member
Location: Livin' large in the Ozark mountains of western Arkansas

Just read on Fox Sports where some of the big-name players in the NFL are coming down hard on this idiot, many of which think he should be banned for life from ever playing another game. 8)
"Talk to me Goose".
"What we're dealin' with here, is a complete lack of respect for the law," Sheriff Buford T. Justice.
Friends don't let friends drive for C.R. England!
Old 10-06-2006, 09:45 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Guroude is not filing charges, either, which means the enforcers of the NFL will take care of the problem. Maybe that was the reason for not filing? Haynesworth will be leaving the NFL on a golf-cart, sometime in the near future. I'll cheer that one.