Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Rules and Regulations and DAC, Oh My (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my-16/)
-   -   ATA sues FMSCA over new HOS rules (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my/42311-ata-sues-fmsca-over-new-hos-rules.html)

Malaki86 02-14-2012 11:19 PM

ATA sues FMSCA over new HOS rules

ATA sues FMCSA over HOS

Didn't take long

Chunker 02-15-2012 02:12 PM

You need to remove that link. After I opened and read it, then hit the X to close it, it opened again and again.

GMAN 02-18-2012 02:30 AM

I am surprised that it took as long as it did for the someone to file suit. I expect others to file their own suit. Some of the anti trucking organizations are not happy with the current hos either.

geeshock 02-19-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMAN (Post 508829)
I am surprised that it took as long as it did for the someone to file suit. I expect others to file their own suit. Some of the anti trucking organizations are not happy with the current hos either.

of course if you read some of the "anti" trucking sites, they aren't happy with anything over 8 hours, nor are they happy with multi trailer setups.

GMAN 02-19-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeshock (Post 508916)
of course if you read some of the "anti" trucking sites, they aren't happy with anything over 8 hours, nor are they happy with multi trailer setups.

The Teamsters is right up there with the other anti trucking people. I don't want any special interest group that knows nothing about my work to decide how, when and how much I can safely work. I can figure that out for myself. If they were to get their way about not working more than 8 hour per day it would really hurt this industry as well as our economy.

DonM 06-18-2012 07:46 PM

They ought to sue the dot for requiring people that want to renew their cdl"s, for requiring them to surrender their cdl if they dont have a medical card. Don't they realize that in order to legally drive a class A vehicle, a person must have a medical card? I haven't driven in 13 years but that doesn't mean I should be forced to lie about my occupation and get a physical just to renew my license. How many college graduates have to return their diplomas because they aren't working in their field?

I don't take it as a minor thing to surrender a Class A endorsed for passenger, triples, and tankers License that I have had since 1978. I would hate to imagine the red tape I would have to go through to get the thing back if I should find myself in a situation that I need to go back to driving. I know I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 million plus safe miles. And the government is going to pull this crap.

ironeagle_2006 06-19-2012 12:43 PM

If the DOT really wanted to get the ATA panties in a bunch they Should go back to the old 70/8 WITH NO RESET but make the daily hours 10 on 10 off and those 10 ALL ASPECTS OF Trucking Loading Fueling and Driving. So if you work 10 hours a day for 7 days on that 8 day your Out of hours for 24 hours. No 14 hour Clock no 11 hour Drive time none of that BS they have now and if your out of HOURS your OUT OF HOURS til the next day and it would force these Shippers Clock Management recivers Clock Management and Drivers that they can get some Rest.

widowmaker7291 07-26-2012 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86 (Post 508745)
ATA sues FMCSA over HOS

Didn't take long

Welcome to the United States trucking rules, where nothing is done right.