Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Rules and Regulations and DAC, Oh My (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my-16/)
-   -   whats the radius? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my/41152-whats-radius.html)

Roadhog 07-29-2011 09:36 AM

They are inforcing this strongly in Michigan. I guess the State is so broke, they have to resort to highway robbery.
They nailed us on the short haul.
We've been stopped and checked 3 times just this year, and they check for everything.

Orangetxguy 07-29-2011 04:36 PM

Here is a really really good idea!!

Log it like you drive it!! :thumbsup:

Roadhog 07-29-2011 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy (Post 500874)
Here is a really really good idea!!

Log it like you drive it!! :thumbsup:

...yeah, but is that in the first book or the second one? http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l236/Leland10/56.gif

Orangetxguy 07-29-2011 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadhog (Post 500878)
...yeah, but is that in the first book or the second one? http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l236/Leland10/56.gif<------------ Now...THAT is something they should put in the list!!!

Hint hint CleeIB!!

GMAN 07-30-2011 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryDorlshagen (Post 496615)
what is the mile radius you can drive without having to use a log book 100 or 150?

This is from the fmcsa website and is found in 395.1

(e) Short-haul operations—(1) 100 air-mile radius driver. A driver is exempt from the requirements of § 395.8 if: (i) The driver operates within a 100 air-mile radius of the normal work reporting location;(ii) The driver, except a driver-salesperson, returns to the work reporting location and is released from work within 12 consecutive hours; (iii)(A) A property-carrying commercial motor vehicle driver has at least 10 consecutive hours off duty separating each 12 hours on duty; Code of Federal Regulations479

(B) A passenger-carrying commercial motor vehicle driver has at least 8 consecutive hours off duty separating each 12 hours on duty;(iv)(A) A property-carrying commercial motor vehicle driver does not exceed 11 hours maximum driving time following 10 consecutive hours off-duty; or(B) A passenger-carrying commercial motor vehicle driver does not exceed 10 hours maximum driving time following 8 consecutive hours off duty; and(v) The motor carrier that employs the driver maintains and retains for a period of 6 months accurate and true time records showing:(A) The time the driver reports for duty each day;(B) The total number of hours the driver is on duty each day;(C) The time the driver is released from duty each day; and(D) The total time for the preceding 7 days in accordance with §395.8(j)(2) for drivers used for the first time or intermittently. (2) Operators of property-carrying commercial motor vehicles not requiring a commercial driver's license. Except as provided in this paragraph, a driver is exempt from the requirements of § 395.3 and § 395.8 and ineligible to use the provisions of §395.1(e)(1), (g) and (o) if: (i) The driver operates a property-carrying commercial motor vehicle for which a commercial driver's license is not required under part 383 of this subchapter; (ii) The driver operates within a 150 air-mile radius of the location where the driver reports to and is released from work, i.e., the normal work reporting location; (iii) The driver returns to the normal work reporting location at the end of each duty tour;(iv) The driver has at least 10 consecutive hours off duty separating each on-duty period;(v) The driver does not drive more than 11 hours following at least 10 consecutive hours off-duty;(vi) The driver does not drive:(A) After the 14th hour after coming on duty on 5 days of any period of 7 consecutive days; and(B) After the 16th hour after coming on duty on 2 days of any period of 7 consecutive days;(vii) The driver does not drive:(A) After having been on duty for 60 hours in 7 consecutive days if the employing motor carrier does not operate commercial motor vehicles every day of the week;(B) After having been on duty for 70 hours in 8 consecutive days if the employing motor carrier operates commercial motor vehicles every day of the week;(viii) Any period of 7 or 8 consecutive days may end with the beginning of any off-duty period of 34 or more consecutive hours.(ix) The motor carrier that employs the driver maintains and retains for a period of 6 months accurate and true time records showing:(A) The time the driver reports for duty each day;(B) The total number of hours the driver is on duty each day;(C) The time the driver is released from duty each day;(D) The total time for the preceding 7 days in accordance with § 395.8(j)(2) for drivers used for the first time or intermittently.

rondrives 09-14-2011 05:01 PM

100 miles