Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Rules and Regulations and DAC, Oh My (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my-16/)
-   -   IRP international registration plan (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my/39101-irp-international-registration-plan.html)

Musicman 01-02-2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog (Post 471721)
I always get a confirmation that I can print out but if I lived 20 minutes from where I could pay it in person, I would, the nearest place to me is 2 hours away

That confirmation wouldn't mean anything when you went to get your plates and some permits. Though if I lived 2 hours away from an IRS office, I might have to consider doing the on-line thing.

Fredog 01-02-2010 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicman (Post 471758)
That confirmation wouldn't mean anything when you went to get your plates and some permits. Though if I lived 2 hours away from an IRS office, I might have to consider doing the on-line thing.

it is a confirmation receipt that is marked paid. it's worked for the last 2 years
they also send a stamped receipt which takes a couple of weeks

Fredog 01-02-2010 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musicman (Post 471758)

I live 40 miles from the nearest Walmart:p

Musicman 01-03-2010 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog (Post 471770)
it is a confirmation receipt that is marked paid. it's worked for the last 2 years
they also send a stamped receipt which takes a couple of weeks

You've been lucky, or your state just happens to be friendlier than any of the ones I've ever plated a vehicle in. I've been told more than once in the past to take a hike until I had the original stamped receipt. They wouldn't even take a photocopy of the stamped receipt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fredog (Post 471771)
I live 40 miles from the nearest Walmart:p

I like not living in the middle of a city anymore, but you are way too isolated for me. I like being able to run out and pick something up if I need to and be back at the house in a few minutes. I live 400 yards from the city limit and on a main state highway. I’m 2 miles from the interstate and three miles from just about anything you could want or need, but from my back deck, all you see is my property… trees, pasture and my garage and shop. My neighbors to the north are 8 cows and a couple of goats and they don’t make too much noise, and my neighbor to the south is about as cool as they come.

GMAN 01-03-2010 12:26 PM

I have an IRS office that is close to me, but even if I didn't I think that I would go in person to pay it....mainly to get the stamped receipt. You only need to do it once a year. All I need to do is fill out the form and drop it off at their front desk with my check and they stamp it right there. Of course, once you pay it once they send it mostly filled out for you the next year.