Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Rules and Regulations and DAC, Oh My (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my-16/)
-   -   Legal action to get some minor accidents removed. (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my/38966-legal-action-get-some-minor-accidents-removed.html)

bentstrider 10-27-2009 03:40 AM

Legal action to get some minor accidents removed.

So I sent a request for a correction to Driverfacts to try and get two backing accidents from two years ago removed.
Swift declined the request to correct it mentioning a brief statement in regards to "policies I agreed to".

Would it be possible to seek out legal assistance to see about getting these two removed for the sake of upping my chances of getting back into the seat of a legitimate company?
With no stupid things like DUI or speeding tickets on my record, these two dings in addition to that rollover are really holding things back.

I've been at this fight for the past two years and I'm not quitting until I get some positive return out of it.

cdswans 10-27-2009 01:47 PM

Well . . did they happen? Check your PMs.

geeshock 10-27-2009 01:56 PM

although I agree it's not as bad as DUI and speeding (15+ mph over) most companies do see backing accedents as serious since we do so much of it and as long as your careful it's one of the easiest to prevent. I don't know the whole story but just trying to give you some insight, just incase you didn't already know.

bentstrider 10-27-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeshock (Post 466446)
although I agree it's not as bad as DUI and speeding (15+ mph over) most companies do see backing accedents as serious since we do so much of it and as long as your careful it's one of the easiest to prevent. I don't know the whole story but just trying to give you some insight, just incase you didn't already know.

Well, since the last time I checked, they weren't on DAC or DMV records.
I could say "kick the truth to the curb" and lie through the teeth.

Worst they could do is reject the app, so I'm not too worried about it anymore.

Syncrosonix 10-27-2009 03:39 PM

i doubt getting the 2 backing incidents removed will do much good for you. the rollover is the major problem.

bentstrider 10-27-2009 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syncrosonix (Post 466449)
i doubt getting the 2 backing incidents removed will do much good for you. the rollover is the major problem.

Yeah, the rollover is a major problem for any job as far I'm concerned.
If there's no DUI or speed violations on my record, I'm now probably being looked at as though I have potential medical problems.

One thing would've been to get a couple of extra years in addition to the year I got in at Swift, but seeing as how the last company I was at took a dive on its own, It's back to scanning the proverbial radar screen for now.
Aside from the daunting task of getting these accidents behind me, the only other realistic options would be to sit for the next five, out of seven years still left to pass, or the economy gets back into such a shape that driver-levels start dropping.

In the meantime, I'm just going to keep my guard-card and CDL renewed and up-to-date.

lovely09 12-09-2009 11:54 AM

Same thing for me,which should always be updated.CDL is always required to operate any type of vehicle which has a gross vehicle weight rating of 26,001 lb (11,793 kg) or over for commercial use.