Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Rules and Regulations and DAC, Oh My (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my-16/)
-   -   WARNING! Make *SURE* WHERE YOU'RE TALKING! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my/38037-warning-make-%2Asure%2A-where-youre-talking.html)

RadioRay 06-10-2009 04:50 PM

WARNING! Make *SURE* WHERE YOU'RE TALKING!

AFter a *lull* in enforcement, there's a new "sheriff" in town with regards to the use of so-called "10 Meter 'amateur' Radios" and their illegal use. With the retirement of Riley Hollingsworth, a Ms Laura Smith is now FCC Special Counsel for Amateur Enforcement, and she is going after CB operators with a vengeance for "interferring with the 10 Meter band"! According to ARRLWeb: ARRL Home Page, she has sent warnings to CB operators, power companies, and a couple of hams for violating various FCC rules. So it appears that she is going to take up where Mr H. left off! To see the FCC warnings, visit "arrl.org", look for "Bulletins" in the yellow border at the top, and follow the links to "FCC Enforcement". The licensed users of 10 Meters are certainly welcoming her actions! :)

RR

matcat 06-11-2009 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RadioRay (Post 452887)
AFter a *lull* in enforcement, there's a new "sheriff" in town with regards to the use of so-called "10 Meter 'amateur' Radios" and their illegal use. With the retirement of Riley Hollingsworth, a Ms Laura Smith is now FCC Special Counsel for Amateur Enforcement, and she is going after CB operators with a vengeance for "interferring with the 10 Meter band"! According to ARRLWeb: ARRL Home Page, she has sent warnings to CB operators, power companies, and a couple of hams for violating various FCC rules. So it appears that she is going to take up where Mr H. left off! To see the FCC warnings, visit "arrl.org", look for "Bulletins" in the yellow border at the top, and follow the links to "FCC Enforcement". The licensed users of 10 Meters are certainly welcoming her actions! :)

RR

PFFT! They will never know I use a president 2510! (unless I am off CB frequencies anyway ;))

Jumbo 06-11-2009 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matcat (Post 452926)
PFFT! They will never know I use a president 2510! (unless I am off CB frequencies anyway ;))

PFFT! I have a pair of Dick Tracy walkie talkies that will blow you right out of the water.

Double R 06-11-2009 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumbo (Post 452944)
PFFT! I have a pair of Dick Tracy walkie talkies that will blow you right out of the water.

My string and two cups can blow your walkie-talkies away:lol:

golfhobo 06-12-2009 03:49 AM

My ex-wife could SCREAM in the 10 meter band! Where was the sheriff THEN? :eek2::roll:

DaveP 06-14-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by golfhobo (Post 453038)
my ex-wife could scream in the 10 meter band! Where was the sheriff then? :eek2::roll:

roflmao...!!!

Bandit102 06-15-2009 04:01 AM

Allright. Who left the cage open?