Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Rules and Regulations and DAC, Oh My (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my-16/)
-   -   Getting a copy of MVR (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my/27420-getting-copy-mvr.html)

Jumbo 06-03-2007 11:56 AM

Getting a copy of MVR

I have a friend who asked me a question that I don't know the answer to. When You fill out an app. it usually asks about tickets. What if you don't know the exact date of when you recieved the ticket. I told him that the easiest way would be get a copy of your MVR. What I don't know is how you get a copy of your MVR. Somebody here would know though.

Malaki86 06-03-2007 11:59 AM

Re: Getting a copy of MVR

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumbo
I have a friend who asked me a question that I don't know the answer to. When You fill out an app. it usually asks about tickets. What if you don't know the exact date of when you recieved the ticket. I told him that the easiest way would be get a copy of your MVR. What I don't know is how you get a copy of your MVR. Somebody here would know though.

I'm not sure about WI, but in WV we can go to any of the Department of Motor Vehicles to get a copy of our MVR.

devildice 06-03-2007 12:15 PM

Many states you can go online and order it. The cost is about $5-$10.

Fredog 06-03-2007 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devildice

In Georgia, you have to go to where you get your license and get it, its $5 for a 3 year and $10 for a 7 year. OR you may be able to get your insurance agent to get it for you. if its for a job app, just tell them about the ticket and that you dont know the exact date, they will get your mvr anyway, and as long as you told them, it shouldnt be a problem

kilog55 06-03-2007 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devildice

same here in PA the cost is $5 for a 10yr CDL MVR

you could go to one of those instant registration/renewal places and get it but they charge a $13 fee here in pa to type you name DL# and soc. sec. #

devildice 06-03-2007 04:05 PM

I was able to get mine from both Virginia and Texas online and I think it cost me $7 & $5......and I had them within about a week or so after ordering them

Jumbo 06-03-2007 08:19 PM

Thanks guys. I will be sure to pass that along.

silvan 06-04-2007 01:11 AM

Virginia, it's $8 for an MVR "for employment purposes" from any DMV office. They make you state whether you want it for employment or insurance. I'm not sure what the difference is.

When I was looking for work a bit back, I threw in a copy of my MVR with every application I submitted. I made the copies myself, because the state would have charged me $8 per copy. How generous.