Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Rules and Regulations and DAC, Oh My (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my-16/)
-   -   Penalty for no medical card (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my/26420-penalty-no-medical-card.html)

Jimbpard 04-19-2007 09:44 PM

Penalty for no medical card

Does anyone know what the penalty is for being caught without a medical card? I notice mine expires next week, and was just curious.

Twilight Flyer 04-19-2007 10:10 PM

I believe it's an automatic suspension, caught or not. Most states have those dates on file and when it's up, the suspension kicks in, which means that if you are stopped, you are already driving on a suspended license. I see that a lot with Indiana.

Jimbpard 04-19-2007 10:36 PM

Wow, i thought it would be just a fine. I guess I better make sure I get to the appointment then ehh?

flood 04-20-2007 12:19 AM

in TN if you don't have the card WITH YOU and VALID you don't have a CDL in other words if you have a valid card and leave it at home you will get a ticket for no valid license.

Malaki86 04-20-2007 03:04 AM

And don't forget the Out of Service that you'll get as well.

Skywalker 04-21-2007 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86
And don't forget the Out of Service that you'll get as well.

And its usually a long walk to the next exit. Cab rides are expensive too.

ssoutlaw 04-21-2007 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
I believe it's an automatic suspension, caught or not. Most states have those dates on file and when it's up, the suspension kicks in, which means that if you are stopped, you are already driving on a suspended license. I see that a lot with Indiana.

Youre right, In Indiana it is automatic!!!

Mackman 04-22-2007 03:07 AM

In PA it is just a fine.
FYI in PA if you do have a medical card that says you need glasses and you dont have them it is a OOS. But if you say i dont have a medical card at all it is just a fine.

Malaki86 04-22-2007 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman
In PA it is just a fine.
FYI in PA if you do have a medical card that says you need glasses and you dont have them it is a OOS. But if you say i dont have a medical card at all it is just a fine.

In my case, if I wasn't wearing my glasses while driving there'd be a string of wrecks to mark my path.

coastie 04-22-2007 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malaki86
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman
In PA it is just a fine.

In my case, if I wasn't wearing my glasses while driving there'd be a string of wrecks to mark my path.

For me I would just be lost, I can see objects, but not a word on the signs.. What did that sign say? Bridge Ou.................