Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Rules and Regulations and DAC, Oh My (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my-16/)
-   -   Hours for local drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my/22682-hours-local-drivers.html)

Mackman 11-29-2006 11:09 PM

Hours for local drivers

I drive local less then 150 air miles. I do not do a log book the other day i worked 15.5hrs and drove 384 miles. What are the max hours i can work in a day being local with no log book. Dawn keep your 2cents to your self on this.

Double R 11-29-2006 11:18 PM

Re: Hours for local drivers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman
I drive local less then 150 air miles. I do not do a log book the other day i worked 15.5hrs and drove 384 miles. What are the max hours i can work in a day being local with no log book. Dawn keep your 2cents to your self on this.

First, you need a log book when you exceed 100 Air Miles from start/return point(so I am told by safety). You can drive in circles all day and do 400 miles as long as you do not leave the 100 Air Mile radius.

As for the hours:
A) YOU CANNOT EXCEED 12 HOURS IN A EXEMPT BOOK. AFTER 12 HOURS YOU NEED TO FILL OUT A LOG FOR THAT DAY.
B) 15.5. As long as you did not drive past 11 hours, returned to the point of which you started(which I assume you did), have not used the 16 hour exemption in last 7 days or since last restart, you are o.k. Just need to fill out a long for that day.

I drive local also and use a exempt book. I DO NOT work past 12 hours(my runs are short :D ) and do not exceed 100 Air Miles from the warehouse.

Hope that helps :D

Mackman 11-29-2006 11:23 PM

it does help so i do need a log book SOB. I never returned to the point i started. I drive a tanker hauling wastewater so i go around to diff. places all day long to get loaded.

Rev.Vassago 11-29-2006 11:37 PM

The FMCSA rules only apply if you travel interstate - if you travel intrastate, then the state rules apply regarding HOS.

Mackman 11-29-2006 11:41 PM

well i will have to follow FMCSA rules. We go to PA NJ DE MD NY.

Double R 11-30-2006 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman
it does help so i do need a log book SOB. I never returned to the point i started. I drive a tanker hauling wastewater so i go around to diff. places all day long to get loaded.

My mistake. I meant when you start to when you finish point of return. :D
Sorry

Quote:

The FMCSA rules only apply if you travel interstate - if you travel intrastate, then the state rules apply regarding HOS.
Good point. I was assuming that he crosses some state lines at times.

chicago1010 12-12-2006 01:38 AM

Mackman wrote:

My mistake. I meant when you start to when you finish point of return. Very Happy
Sorry

Quote:

Quote:

Good point. I was assuming that he crosses some state lines at times.
_________________I don't want to argue, but if I interpret rule 390.5 correctly under interstate commerce #3 if freight originates or terminates in another state even thou you only move it within your own state it is still considered interstate. I just thought I would throw in my 2cents.