Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Rules and Regulations and DAC, Oh My (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my-16/)
-   -   Myth_Buster (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/rules-regulations-dac-oh-my/21488-myth_buster.html)

yoopr 10-22-2006 08:59 PM

Re: Washington State has a campaign . .

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigtimba
. . dealing with following distance and four wheelers cutting off trucks after they've passed them. I looked but couldn't find an example of the signs on the WADOT website. The program began after a few DOT/WSP officers actually spent time riding with truckers and were amazed by what they saw.

As far as the "NO-ZONE" goes, if you think 4 wheelers are passing time reading trailer doors, I suspect you're mistaken. With the number of warnings on trailer doors and mudflaps, how could anyone not know not to pass a truck on the right hand side, particularly at a corner? The number 1 cause of preventables at my company is right hand turns.

You have to remember, we are not on equal footing with the general motoring public. Our standard is (supposed to be) much higher and that's the way the courts treat it.

Good Post-on corners there's a way that you can drive that can stop them from sneaking in on the right though :wink:

Windwalker 10-22-2006 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveBooth
My guess is that he had enough pretty quick with a handful of people on here.

He is still going at it over on Trucknet. I'm taking issue with him over there as well (on the split sleeper provision).

I didn't get as far as the split-sleeper provision. But, would you be so kind as to COPY all my "WHY's" and paste them on TRUCKNET? I'm not a member there. But let me know if you get an answer there or if he goes silent again.

Rev.Vassago 10-22-2006 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windwalker
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveBooth
My guess is that he had enough pretty quick with a handful of people on here.

He is still going at it over on Trucknet. I'm taking issue with him over there as well (on the split sleeper provision).

I didn't get as far as the split-sleeper provision. But, would you be so kind as to COPY all my "WHY's" and paste them on TRUCKNET? I'm not a member there. But let me know if you get an answer there or if he goes silent again.

Done. :wink:

Useless 10-23-2006 01:23 AM

What floored me was when he listed his qualifications as having "been around trucks" for how ever many years, and how he had "ridden in a logging truck with his dad" when he was a kid!!!
:roll:

Windwalker 10-23-2006 01:54 AM

The thought occurs to me...

What if he's not with FMCSA at all. Suppose he's with P.A.T.T. or C.R.A.S.H.??? An INFILTRATOR If so, there's NO WAY he wants to get pinned down with any of my "WHY's". If that's the case, I've REALLY struck a nerve. I mean, I could tell you that I'm a U S SUPREME COURT JUDGE..... Well, maybe you wouldn't believe that one. I'll have to think of something else. But, if he is who he says he is, he should have been able to give some kind of an answer. Even FOZZY does better than that. And he doesn't pretend to be anybody.

Maybe I should have worded that differently...... Sorry, Fozzy... :sad:

Rev.Vassago 10-23-2006 03:42 AM

He has taken to reporting people to the FMCSA based upon what they post on Trucknet, and is defending his actions over there for doing so that it will "make the highways safer".

I know the admins of Trucknet are none too happy with it either.

Rev.Vassago 10-23-2006 03:56 AM

He responded to the post, Windwalker.

Here it is, verbatim

Quote:

Sorry, out of my league. A person would have to contact the public affairs officer in Washington, DC.

Policy and Program Development
202-366-8773

Share the Road Safely 1-877-SAFE-TRK
1-877-723-3875

Be safe.

Windwalker 10-23-2006 04:29 AM

Quote:

He has taken to reporting people to the FMCSA based upon what they post on Trucknet, and is defending his actions over there for doing so that it will "make the highways safer".

That sounds more like an INFILTRATOR than FMCSA. I'd say he's a fake. He's trying to impress someone, or he's trying to get information on drivers to use against us the next time P.A.T.T and C.R.A.S.H. go into court. He could be one of their attorneys. I've talked to DOT Officers about a few of those things, and none of them ever said anything about contacting any information officer in Washington D. C. They did try to offer an explaination or said they didn't know. One guy in NM was a little short guy, not much bigger than my wife, and he did answer one of my other questions. Nothing about contacting anyone else. But, it sounds like we need to be a little bit careful what we say on here too. He can come back anytime and read what we say without responding, and get what ever information he wants to make use of. Sort of like the idiots that talk about logbooks on the CB. A good DOT can just about pick out what truck is doing the talking. If he misses the right one, he can get a look at me while he's looking for the other guy.

yoopr 10-23-2006 04:43 AM

Exactly my thoughts exactly Windwalker
This "Person" IS from the organizations you mentioned I'm guessing and "Him"?? reporting to Authorities pretty much confirm it because he(?) came on here representing The" Authority".
Glad some people bought his BS because many of us on here didn't.

Windwalker 10-23-2006 05:26 AM

Quote:

Just out of curiousity... How can he report anyone from the forums? He needs a name to do that. Not just a screen name. For example, WindWalker could be anyone. Young, old, blonde hair, grey or white hair, full beard and mustache, pony-tail half way down my back, or a Kojak hair-do. He can't turn anyone in that way. Not enough to go on. But... In putting together a case for Federal Court arguements, he can get facts in general. He would be able to say that "drivers do this, and drivers do that." He can use that to embellish his arguements in a court of law. he could also use it if he were to represent a 4-wheeler in a case against an 18-wheeler. I don't think he's turning anyone in, but he's instigating a discussion so that he gets information that can be used against drivers of CMVs.

If he's been riding in trucks, and been around trucks, pin him down. Ask him specific questions about particular aspects of a truck. Something that he would have to have been in one to know about. Like, on the old Macks. Which shifting lever did what. Something that he would have to have been IN a truck to know. While we're trying to answer questions for each other, he can use any information he wants against the industry.

I've talked to State Police, Motor Carrier Enforcement, scale masters, and they are required to enforce the laws as written, but tend to be on our side. I don't know whose side this guy is on, but it's not ours.