User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2017, 08:44 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Adherence to csa 2010 causes drivers to be pressured by carriers to voluntary quit jo

I've been driving tractor trailers in the industry since 1990.

Used to, all a truck driver had to worry about is keeping their logbook straight and not speeding, having an collision or becoming not medically fit.

If there was something wrong with the unit like lights, annual inspection, tires, registration etc. being not in order, the Motor Carriers had the greatest penalty and weight to correct these item.

Used to, if I found myself working for a Carrier where I was being forced to drive a vehicle with violations, that the Carrier would not correct timely after I had repeatedly wrote up said vehicle. Then I could stop at the D.O.T. Scales and have truck enforcement, force the Carrier to comply with no negative action taken towards me by D.O.T. to resolve the issue.

Now since CSA 2010 has come in effect, I have to refused to drive the commercial vehicle until the Carrier correct violations I write up.

Now if I take faulty vehicle to D.O.T. Scales and have truck enforcement, force the Carrier to comply, negative action is still taken towards me too, resulting in points on my record thereby jeopardizing my livelihood.

I have to attempt to protect my livelihood by not get points on my record or causing a fatality on the roadways.

But now after governing myself this way, I'm finding that once I keep refusing to drive a faulty vehicle and adhere to D.O.T. highway safety regulations, I am constantly talk down to Cust at and my miles, hrs or home time, are being cut as retaliation by the Carriers thereby pressuring me to quit my job voluntarily or they are making up something that didn't happen to terminate me from my job.

When I complaint to the Department of Labor or FMCSA nothing happens favorable for me.

Is there any other drivers out there having these problems are may have serious suggestions for me?
Old 02-20-2017, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPCHILD1 View Post
I've been driving tractor trailers in the industry since 1990.

Used to, all a truck driver had to worry about is keeping their logbook straight and not speeding, having an collision or becoming not medically fit.

If there was something wrong with the unit like lights, annual inspection, tires, registration etc. being not in order, the Motor Carriers had the greatest penalty and weight to correct these item.

Used to, if I found myself working for a Carrier where I was being forced to drive a vehicle with violations, that the Carrier would not correct timely after I had repeatedly wrote up said vehicle. Then I could stop at the D.O.T. Scales and have truck enforcement, force the Carrier to comply with no negative action taken towards me by D.O.T. to resolve the issue.

Now since CSA 2010 has come in effect, I have to refused to drive the commercial vehicle until the Carrier correct violations I write up.

Now if I take faulty vehicle to D.O.T. Scales and have truck enforcement, force the Carrier to comply, negative action is still taken towards me too, resulting in points on my record thereby jeopardizing my livelihood.

I have to attempt to protect my livelihood by not get points on my record or causing a fatality on the roadways.

But now after governing myself this way, I'm finding that once I keep refusing to drive a faulty vehicle and adhere to D.O.T. highway safety regulations, I am constantly talk down to Cust at and my miles, hrs or home time, are being cut as retaliation by the Carriers thereby pressuring me to quit my job voluntarily or they are making up something that didn't happen to terminate me from my job.

When I complaint to the Department of Labor or FMCSA nothing happens favorable for me.

Is there any other drivers out there having these problems are may have serious suggestions for me?
as i told you at the other website, the Dept of labor will only help you with wage issues. you work x number of hours, you get paid x number of dollars. trucking is a different monster for them to deal with. especially if one is OTR, as it seems to appear you are/was.

as i also told you in the other website, do not voluntarily quit. this can make getting unemployment benefits tough, as YOU resigned. let them fire you, and no matter what anyone says, YES you can still get unemployment benefits when you get fired. they (the state) will do a review
Old 02-20-2017, 10:40 PM
Rookie

DOL Whistleblower Protection for Commercial
Motor Carrier Workers
Truck drivers and other individuals working for commercial motor carriers are protected from
retaliation for reporting or engaging in activities related to certain commercial motor vehicle
safety, health or security conditions Policy contradicts you.

I employ you to Google the surface Transportation assistance act as revised
Old 02-21-2017, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEPCHILD1 View Post
DOL Whistleblower Protection for Commercial
Motor Carrier Workers
Truck drivers and other individuals working for commercial motor carriers are protected from
retaliation for reporting or engaging in activities related to certain commercial motor vehicle
safety, health or security conditions Policy contradicts you.

I employ you to Google the surface Transportation assistance act as revised
i am well aware of this, i need not look up anything. if you and i say YOU went to work for such a place, and stayed there under those conditions, then frankly you deserved it 1000%....

you HAD the opportunity to up and leave, yet you chose to stay there, and try to fight a losing battle. clearly you are not a very experienced driver, but a mere steering wheel holder and more so a cry-baby.....

i been in this industry ONGER than you, why haven't i had any such problems..???

i know how to leave and seek better employment.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:26 AM
Board Icon

Methinks it's the carrier at issue here. Where I am, if I find an issue or questionable equipment BEFORE I leave, I take it to the shop and have them verify if I'm legal or not. I had 1 truck last week that they agreed to OOS it, it was losing oil as fast as I was putting it in due to a blown gasket on a sensor on the side of the engine. The replacement truck had questionable brakes on the front, they measured them for me and gave me the all clear. I don't see the problem here with CSA.
Old 02-24-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
"I don't see the problem here with CSA."
neither do i.

yes, it very well is a carrier issue. to me once written, it is "on record" as i keep all my DVIR books. the company gets a copy, the shop gets a copy, i get the book.

if a carrier is negligent or dirt poor to fix, then give'em the ole "heave ho" and get outta Dodge.
Old 02-26-2017, 02:24 AM
Senior Board Member

From the OP "Used to, if I found myself working for a Carrier where I was being forced to drive a vehicle with violations,".
Did they hold a gun to your head? You say you've been driving since the 90's then you should know that YOU as the driver have the ultimate say so on if the truck moves or not. If a company is low enough to fire you for not driving an unsafe truck they are not worth driving for!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington
Old 02-26-2017, 09:11 PM

that's what i would have said as well..i too have been driving since the early/mid 1980's..if someone has been driving even for a mere 1 year, something inside them should have told them to get the heck out...
Old 03-01-2017, 11:35 AM
Board Icon

I had a truck to start this week, didn't pass the brake test. I eased it to the shop and told them "Hey yall watch this!" With the tractor brakes set, the truck took off in 1st gear when I let out the clutch. I didn't have to ask, they deadlined it immediately............had they said to take it anyways, as we had no other trucks for me and I had 2 loads set to run that night, I'd have laughed in their face and said yall take it, I'm going home! I don't play with these guys,I'm the squeaky wheel they hate seeing walking into the shop and it's only been 3 weeks!