User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2014, 11:16 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default help!!

i recently took a pre employment drug screen for a local roustabout company and it came back positive for THC. i have not smoked for 30+ days and have no idea how i failed but this is beside the point. I have been reading that companies report this information to your record and other prospective employers can see this??? this job i was applying for was a non-driving position but now after i have gotten my cdl i am concerned that future opportunities will be affected by my failed pre employment test..

Is there a difference between a test given for a driving job and a non driving pre employment test? If not, are all failed tests reported whether or not it is a driving job? how can i find out if i just screwed myself over?
Old 02-04-2014, 05:47 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

If you applied for a driving position, then it should be reported to DAC or Hireright. If not, then I don't know if there is another database that keeps tabs on this type of thing. Smoking dope or taking any type of drugs is not good, especially in trucking. More and more carriers are using hair follicle testing to check drug use. Some drugs, such as marijuana can be detected for months after last use. If you hold a CDL and test positive for drugs in your system, you are usually done in this business for a number of years. Some carriers won't touch any one who has failed a drug test. I would suggest talking to the company who did the testing and ask them about reporting. With more companies doing pre employment drug testing, it is getting much more difficult to find a good position when you are taking drugs. If you want to become a driver, I would recommend you stop using drugs, period. It is only a matter of time until you are caught. If I were in your situation and wanted to drive a truck, I would wait about 5-6 months before applying. Carriers do random drug testing at odd times in order to catch users.
Old 01-03-2017, 01:01 AM
Rookie
Default Szia Zoli !

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
If you applied for a driving position, then it should be reported to DAC or Hireright. If not, then I don't know if there is another database that keeps tabs on this type of thing. Smoking dope or taking any type of drugs is not good, especially in trucking. More and more carriers are using hair follicle testing to check drug use. Some drugs, such as marijuana can be detected for months after last use. If you hold a CDL and test positive for drugs in your system, you are usually done in this business for a number of years. Some carriers won't touch any one who has failed a drug test. I would suggest talking to the company who did the testing and ask them about reporting. With more companies doing pre employment drug testing, it is getting much more difficult to find a good position when you are taking drugs. If you want to become a driver, I would recommend you stop using drugs, period. It is only a matter of time until you are caught. If I were in your situation and wanted to drive a truck, I would wait about 5-6 months before applying. Carriers do random drug testing at odd times in order to catch users.
A szivas felejtos ha vezeni szeretnel. Szopos de ez van.