LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2015, 01:46 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Elog Mandate

I just read that the bill that contains the elog mandate is going to the White House for the president's signature. I called OOIDA and was told that the litigation and debate is far from over and it may still be a long time before it is implemented, if ever.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:30 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Super ModeratorSenior Board Member

Keep us posted as just about everyone is very interested in this outcome.

Old 01-02-2016, 04:48 AM
Senior Board Member

Well the debate is over, it is now here and folks have till December 2017 to comply. That is, unless it gets put on hold in some way. Sure won't be stopped with this president and this congress. Only real hope would be after the next election. Once those characters take office then, it will be 11 months from full compliance. Not a lot of time to get it put on hold. We'll have to see what happens.
Old 01-02-2016, 02:39 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoe View Post
Keep us posted as just about everyone is very interested in this outcome.

Will do, Scoe. This could still go on for several years. I have an older truck that is currently exempt from the elog mandate, but should I decide to upgrade to anything 2000 or newer, I would be subject to the elog rules.

Copperhead, it is still not over until all the lawsuits are settled. We might get lucky with a new conservative administration next year, but it may take getting new blood in both the Democratic and Rino congress to make any meaningful changes that actually benefit this industry. The current administration and spineless congress have only increased the useless regulations on this industry and is costing us as an industry billions of additional dollars for compliance. I hope conservatives get out and vote in the primaries as well as in the general election. We need to take a very close look at each candidates voting history and background before casting a vote. Those who fail to vote are giving the left their vote. Rest assured that the left will get their people out to vote. I continue to stay in touch with my congressional representatives, as should we all. We have between 3 to 5 million drivers nationally. That is a strong voting block, if only everyone pulled together. The least any of us can do is to vote and to send an email or make a phone call on pending legislation that can impact this industry.
Old 01-02-2016, 03:22 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
Will do, Scoe. This could still go on for several years. I have an older truck that is currently exempt from the elog mandate, but should I decide to upgrade to anything 2000 or newer, I would be subject to the elog rules.

Copperhead, it is still not over until all the lawsuits are settled. We might get lucky with a new conservative administration next year, but it may take getting new blood in both the Democratic and Rino congress to make any meaningful changes that actually benefit this industry. The current administration and spineless congress have only increased the useless regulations on this industry and is costing us as an industry billions of additional dollars for compliance. I hope conservatives get out and vote in the primaries as well as in the general election. We need to take a very close look at each candidates voting history and background before casting a vote. Those who fail to vote are giving the left their vote. Rest assured that the left will get their people out to vote. I continue to stay in touch with my congressional representatives, as should we all. We have between 3 to 5 million drivers nationally. That is a strong voting block, if only everyone pulled together. The least any of us can do is to vote and to send an email or make a phone call on pending legislation that can impact this industry.
This has nothing to do with conservatism... The right wingers do not care about this at all because like most things,, it has nothing to with abortion or what gay people do in their lives or guns.... or brown people.
Old 01-31-2016, 03:28 PM
Senior Board Member

Truth is, one can file a lawsuit for anything, as to whether it has standing to continue on to litigation, that is another. And until there is legal action that would stay the implementation of the mandate, it will go into effect. All one can do is prepare for the worse, and hope for the best.
Old 02-06-2016, 12:10 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzy View Post
This has nothing to do with conservatism... The right wingers do not care about this at all because like most things,, it has nothing to with abortion or what gay people do in their lives or guns.... or brown people.
I am not sure why you wanted to make this an issue about conservatism or other issues, Fozzy. But, since you did, I will offer some definitions about what is conservatism is about.

Conservatives believe that we don't need government to legislate or regulate everything in our lives. Conservatives believe in the Bible and one GOD. We support the Constitution, as written, without changing the words to mean things that they don't in order to meet a certain agenda. Conservatives believe in life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Conservatives believe that it is up to us to take care of ourselves and our families and we don't need the government to provide for all our needs.

Conservatives believe in people taking personal responsibility for their actions. We believe the less government we have the better for the people in this country. Conservatives believe that people should be free to worship or not without interference from the government. Conservatives believe that life begins at conception and that ALL life is important, regardless of whether that life in in the womb or out and regardless of the color of one's skin. Conservatives believe that marriage is between one woman and one man, as decreed by GOD, and that it is not the place of government to create special rights for certain groups or those who would pervert marriage. Conservatives believe that something is either right or wrong.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:21 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
I am not sure why you wanted to make this an issue about conservatism or other issues, Fozzy. But, since you did, I will offer some definitions about what is conservatism is about.
Copperhead, it is still not over until all the lawsuits are settled. We might get lucky with a new conservativeadministration next year, but it may take getting new blood in both the Democratic and Rino congress to make any meaningful changes that actually benefit this industry. The current administration and spineless congress have only increased the useless regulations on this industry and is costing us as an industry billions of additional dollars for compliance. I hope conservatives get out and vote in the primaries as well as in the general election. We need to take a very close look at each candidates voting history and background before casting a vote. Those who fail to vote are giving the left their vote. Rest assured that the left will get their people out to vote. I continue to stay in touch with my congressional representatives,

Gee... maybe it was that?

You conservative and god twaddle is more of the same for more of the same.. Social Conservatism is not conservatism, Conservatives these days want the government in other people's lives.. just not their own.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:09 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Nice trick Fozzy.
Accusing republicans of being social justice warriors, like yourself is correct.
Your "kind" has infected that party, but you might not have got the memo yet, in Oklahomo.

True conservatives, and I know you know this, call that kind of republican, a backstabbing RINO sellout.
That kind of republican is as anti-American and anti-Christian as you.

Old 02-07-2016, 01:36 PM
Senior Board Member
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
Nice trick Fozzy.
Accusing republicans of being social justice warriors, like yourself is correct.
Your "kind" has infected that party, but you might not have got the memo yet, in Oklahomo.

True conservatives, and I know you know this, call that kind of republican, a backstabbing RINO sellout.
That kind of republican is as anti-American and anti-Christian as you.
You prove my point.. thanks. There are no conservatives left. Conservatism died with Goldwater. Now the GOP and their supporters are nothing but the Christian version of the Muslim brotherhood.

As for Oklahoma.. the "Conservatives" (Christian Brotherhood) have the state ranked practically last in everything and over 400 million in debt..