User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2012, 04:54 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Log Book questions -miles/mileage

Regarding the Driver's log book, for the "Total Mileage Today" -- that means the total miles driven on the day of that log book entry (page) - is that correct?

I sometimes administer the paperwork for our company and in reviewing the Driver's Daily Logs I am finding that we have some drivers who are filling in the
Odometer reading at the end of the day for "Total Mileage Today".

I am thinking that is wrong. I was taught that "Total Mileage Today" was supposed to be the total miles I drove the vehicle on that day.
So, I am thinking that law enforcement would either laugh at that or think my drivers are insane.

Can I get some input from you fellas who are professional truck drivers on a daily basis please?
'cuz I will have to make these drivers understand that there is one correct way to fill out their Daily Log Book pages.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:31 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamIam_Murphy View Post
Regarding the Driver's log book, for the "Total Mileage Today" -- that means the total miles driven on the day of that log book entry (page) - is that correct?

I sometimes administer the paperwork for our company and in reviewing the Driver's Daily Logs I am finding that we have some drivers who are filling in the
Odometer reading at the end of the day for "Total Mileage Today".

I am thinking that is wrong. I was taught that "Total Mileage Today" was supposed to be the total miles I drove the vehicle on that day.
So, I am thinking that law enforcement would either laugh at that or think my drivers are insane.

Can I get some input from you fellas who are professional truck drivers on a daily basis please?
'cuz I will have to make these drivers understand that there is one correct way to fill out their Daily Log Book pages.
You have two places on the log page for mileage.

The first position if for "Total Miles driven" and the second position is for "Total miles today".

A "Solo" driver would or should have the same numbers for each position.

However, a "team" driver would have "miles driven" as one number, then the combined "Total miles" which would include the miles the "team" traveled.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orangetxguy View Post
You have two places on the log page for mileage.

The first position if for "Total Miles driven" and the second position is for "Total miles today".

A "Solo" driver would or should have the same numbers for each position.

However, a "team" driver would have "miles driven" as one number, then the combined "Total miles" which would include the miles the "team" traveled.
Thank you Orangetxguy, that is how I was trained to fill out the log book when I was out learning from my trainers.
That does make sense to me, and I cannot figure out why these guys think that "Total Mileage Today" would mean the odometer reading.
They have been asked not to fill in the odometer reading mileage, but no one has been keeping check on that for a while now.

Anyway, I do appreciate your input!