User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2009, 05:22 PM
Board Regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WS6 View Post
So lets say you have a minor at fault accident in you personal vehicle on your MVR like I do. When DOT goes over my MVR to give me my score will they be looking into that for points or just tickets?
I would think that whatever you have on your MVR will transfer, as that is the way it is now. Will you get CSA points, I don't know? But my guess would be yes. Good question.

Last edited by Justruckin; 10-24-2009 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:42 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justruckin View Post
I don't think I am trying to over hype

Then don't say you will get points for having a TV and a laptop in your truck.

Old 10-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Board Icon

Well, might as well get this party started! I KNOW I'll see some halloween costumes of ghosts over this one... but, I think the info on the websites that SO FAR has been published is LACKING in a degree of specificity. The "spirit" so to speak is not being adequately explained.

I'm SURE I'll be hassled over it, but I'll bet my last dollar that the so called "speeding" violation that some are claiming is 5 points is NOT your average 5 mph over ticket. I contend, though I cannot yet prove, that it refers to the "excessive" speeding of 15 over. This is is keeping with the other violations mentioned contemporaneously known as "disqualifying" violations.

One phrase that MANY are glossing over is "factors leading to crashes." a mere 5 mph has NEVER been one of those factors. FIFTEEN OVER, improper lane changes, reckless driving, following too closely and maybe one or two I've forgotten, ARE the violations deemed by the DOT to be "contributing" factors to crashes and fatalities.

THESE are the factors they are looking to "weight" and analyse, report and monitor. THESE are the dangerous activities that lead to fatalities, and the reduction of fatalities is the whole purpose of these new regulations or improvements in agency guidelines and enforcement.

The collection, analysis and dissemination of the stats may be changing, but I STILL believe that the weighting that has ALWAYS been attributed to the various offenses has not changed.

The sky is NOT falling! However, as we all know, there are clouds on the horizon. Better tighten up! Learn to keep good logs. Drive safely. Rolling a truck over is NOT a "simple mistake that anyone could do!" :hellno:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:39 PM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
Well, might as well get this party started! I KNOW I'll see some halloween costumes of ghosts over this one... but, I think the info on the websites that SO FAR has been published is LACKING in a degree of specificity. The "spirit" so to speak is not being adequately explained.

I'm SURE I'll be hassled over it, but I'll bet my last dollar that the so called "speeding" violation that some are claiming is 5 points is NOT your average 5 mph over ticket. I contend, though I cannot yet prove, that it refers to the "excessive" speeding of 15 over. This is is keeping with the other violations mentioned contemporaneously known as "disqualifying" violations.

One phrase that MANY are glossing over is "factors leading to crashes." a mere 5 mph has NEVER been one of those factors. FIFTEEN OVER, improper lane changes, reckless driving, following too closely and maybe one or two I've forgotten, ARE the violations deemed by the DOT to be "contributing" factors to crashes and fatalities.

THESE are the factors they are looking to "weight" and analyse, report and monitor. THESE are the dangerous activities that lead to fatalities, and the reduction of fatalities is the whole purpose of these new regulations or improvements in agency guidelines and enforcement.

The collection, analysis and dissemination of the stats may be changing, but I STILL believe that the weighting that has ALWAYS been attributed to the various offenses has not changed.

The sky is NOT falling! However, as we all know, there are clouds on the horizon. Better tighten up! Learn to keep good logs. Drive safely. Rolling a truck over is NOT a "simple mistake that anyone could do!" :hellno:
I agree, the sky is not falling. But, everyone should be aware of these new regs coming down. Now, I called Mr. Kessler, as you noted him in another post. Golfhobo, give him a call yourself, and talk with him as he seems to know much more about what is going on with these new regs, as he is in contact with companies already going through interventions. I spent almost a half hour on the phone with him, and don't worry, he is not a salesman and will not pitch you to buy anything. He was nice and made time for me, and encouraged me to please call him back if I had anymore questions. I think both of you would find it an informative few minutes well spent.
Old 11-04-2009, 11:05 PM
Senior Board Member

I been researching 2010...

It still looks like the same old DOT just in a new package.

Sure they might remove the druggies and escaped felons that are driving today.

But I feel certain dispatchers are free to do as they always have...and that is run

you to death or until someone else's death.

....These companies will still hide behind and rely on a smoke screen of false data from the drivers (in most cases)

Life in the world of trucking is not gonna change all that much.

These companies from what I have seen are run by Safety Clubs....not safety depts.

Its all a joke.:rofl:
Old 12-10-2009, 01:11 AM
Senior Board Member

I was told today the focus (in the beginning) will be on 10 hour breaks.

All drivers will be viewed as GUILTY until proof can be shown that verifies what they see on your logs.
In other words you've got to PROVE that 10 hr break was taken....and taken where your logs say you were.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:37 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

I am not sure how you would be able to "prove" where you took a 10 hour break unless you purchased fuel or made a purchase and kept the receipt.

Like every other regulation that they throw at us, we will learn to deal with them. Those who don't will simply not last in this business.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:45 AM
Senior Board Member

Here's some facts & speculation:

TOP 60% of nations interstate CDL holders & Carriers:

{continue to operate + ( Insufficient Data)}

Next 30%-- Marginal Drivers & Carriers

Bottom 10%-- UNFIT Drivers & Carriers

Ok, #1: The goal of CSA 2010 : is stated as "increase contact between law enforcement & drivers & carriers- to target more drivers & carriers.

The biggest "concern" here is that Insufficient Data group-- those drivers & carriers that have been "keeping their nose clean" by avoiding contact--- all contact-- aren't going to be rated as "good" or sufficiently safe-- instead they are going to be "targeted" for MORE INSPECTIONS... I.E. contact. It's a "better" way for them to hit up more drivers & carriers for revenue.

Oh yeah, the Marginal drivers & carriers are going to also "get it"-- they will face INCREASED "contact" as well.

So the bottom line is - 10% of drivers will get letters stating their CDL privileges have been revoked/suspended for up to 3 years- surrender their CDL for a regular operator's license ASAP at their nearest State Revenue Office. Many, will feel the need to "not notify" their employers of this-since after all their CDL is their "livelyhood'. Then if the Carriers don't spend $100 a year for a subscription + $10 a pop to check the new "pre-employment screening" database-- they won't know how close their drivers are or where they fall into the "unfit" catagory. Plus, the carrier will have to do monthly MVR checks to constantly varifly IF their "marginal" drivers fall below the cut-off or IF their drivers are classifed as "unfit".

And the politicans are already looking at ways to implement "weekend" safety classes/courses where these "unfit" drivers can spend $1000.00 and be "re-certified" as Marginal.....

After the FMCSA eliminates the bottom 10%-- then the insurance companies are going to look at the now bottom of the barrel-- the "marginal" drivers-- and tell the companies who has to go or how much it will cost extra to keep any of these drivers. Probably 50% of these-- the bottom of the "marginal" drivers will now have to work for the large "mega" SELF INSURED carriers- because they will be the only one's that can "afford" to take them ( or work on a 1099 form + pay your own insurance) and you can bet when it comes recruiting time-- the driver's "marginal" status will effect the "rate" of pay the mega company is willing to offer-- like .23cpm or .24cpm. Here's a whole new "sweat shop" labor force-- just created by the federal government.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Rookie

The sleeping giant is just about awake. Imagine the lawsuits that are going to come from this.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Senior Board Member

if you do what you are supposed to do, you wont have any problems, read the regs instead of just posting incorrect information, for instance, if you read them, there are rules against citing you multiple times for things like logbook violations or multiple lights out, they can only cite you one time.
read all 299 pages like I did before you start posting b.s