User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default Sorey Guy's, but another Gun question.

OK, This subject has been hashed out allot, and I am not trying to get a second amendment thread going so I will put the question like this, Say you are an owner operator and you drive New York to L.A. . You are pull in to weigh and you are told to pull around because the mud flap has fallen off the truck and your tractor is dirty and for what ever reason it becomes inspection time. It is discovered that you are in possession of a perfectly legal fire arm by the powers that be. How is this going to go for a fellow in this situation ? Is he going to be sent on his way ? or will he be given a hard time.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:54 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogface View Post
How is this going to go for a fellow in this situation ? Is he going to be sent on his way ? or will he be given a hard time.
It depends upon a few things:

1. Does the driver have a permit to carry the gun?
2. Does the jurisdiction where the driver is stopped honor that permit?
Old 12-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Board Icon

I say shoot the officer, run like heck, repaint your truck, and change your name! Oh, and to keep them from following you..... open your doors and let all the hazmat ping pong balls flood the road behind you! :lol:

Oh.... were you looking for a serious answer? Sorry, I don't have one. I can't see any reason to HAVE a gun in a truck.

I would say that if you carried a gun in your truck without knowing the ramifications in EACH state, OR the federal level, you would be asking for trouble.

That's the problem with SOME gun owners. They WANT one, but they don't know the regulations.

I'm NOT referring to you. I don't KNOW you. I'm just answering your post to attract the golfhobo haters! :lol2:

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:03 PM
Rookie

Hm, Lets say torn down and in the space under the sleeper.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:11 PM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfhobo View Post
I say shoot the officer, run like heck, repaint your truck, and change your name! Oh, and to keep them from following you..... open your doors and let all the hazmat ping pong balls flood the road behind you! :lol:

Oh.... were you looking for a serious answer? Sorry, I don't have one. I can't see any reason to HAVE a gun in a truck.

I would say that if you carried a gun in your truck without knowing the ramifications in EACH state, OR the federal level, you would be asking for trouble.

That's the problem with SOME gun owners. They WANT one, but they don't know the regulations.

I'm NOT referring to you. I don't KNOW you. I'm just answering your post to attract the golfhobo haters! :lol2:
This was painfull. Thank you. Me when I drove over the road (LTL now) i talked about this. I feel that if a driver was assulted in his sleeper and cut loose at billy bob crack head that those bullets he fired would zip right threw 4 or 5 tractors and possibly hit a sleeping driver. I dont like guns in trucks, BUT ! I do like my pit bull Buster and the stun gun that my dog is named after.
Old 12-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
This was painfull. Thank you.
Well, I didn't MEAN for it to be painfull, and still don't see how it WAS. Like I said, I was just havin' some fun.

I agree with you about how a mis-aimed shot could cause collateral damage. And that could be damaging to one's career AND their emotional state. Things are "tight" in a truckstop!

I've never been accosted in my sleeper by Billy Bob crackhead, who somehow picked the LOCK on my door, but if I had, I would think that Buster could keep him busy long enough for me to come out of the bunk and kick his AZZ right through the windshield!

I'm not a violent man, but I will NOT be abused. IF the perp had a gun, I don't believe for one minute that I will have time to get to mine in time to shoot him. I'm going to try something else.... and QUICK!

Most people that have a gun while accosting you are overconfident. They don't expect that you will do something irrational like GRAB them, or KICK them. Assuming you HEAR them entering your truck, you (as a driver) will KNOW that they are struggling to find a handhold to pull themselves up into the truck. This is when they are vulnerable. They can't possibly be pointing the gun at you while struggling to get UP and INTO a CMV!

I suggest you don't "lead" with your HEAD! They MIGHT get an errant shot off. Whatever you do, don't back up and let them get IN the truck! I think a right leg "roundhouse" (is that the right term?) would catch him full in the face as he was trying to climb up, (and is easy to do from the bunk/cab opening) and put him flat on his back on the ground! After that, you're on your own. But, I would haul azz out the passenger door and roll under at least two trailers before getting up and running like HECK!

OR you could stand there and have a shoot out! You might WIN.... but, then you'll have to go to court to defend yourself on a murder charge. Sure, you might prove that he was IN your truck, but what if you lost? Jail time.

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:06 PM
Senior Board Member
Talking

I agree with "golfhobo". Him give plenty smart answer. I don't hate him, him good dude.

Me, I keep my "tire thumper" right where I can reach it without moving more than my arm..... its legal in all 50 states......

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.

Old 12-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
This was painfull. Thank you. Me when I drove over the road (LTL now) i talked about this. I feel that if a driver was assulted in his sleeper and cut loose at billy bob crack head that those bullets he fired would zip right threw 4 or 5 tractors and possibly hit a sleeping driver. I dont like guns in trucks, BUT ! I do like my pit bull Buster and the stun gun that my dog is named after.

It depends on the type of shell you use. Some will pretty much disintegrate when they hit something. I just bought some new shells that will do that. My old ones would just keep on going after hitting something. If someone is that close there is no reason to miss them.
Old 12-13-2008, 08:21 PM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker View Post

Me, I keep my "tire thumper" right where I can reach it without moving more than my arm..... its legal in all 50 states......

A tire thumper could still be considered a deadly weapon. Shoot to kill or the perpetrator can come back on you and not only have you charged for assault, but file a lawsuit against you and take everything you own. A corpse can't sue anyone.
Old 12-13-2008, 09:37 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAN View Post
A tire thumper could still be considered a deadly weapon. Shoot to kill or the perpetrator can come back on you and not only have you charged for assault, but file a lawsuit against you and take everything you own. A corpse can't sue anyone.
Be that as it may..... even a finger nail file can be considered a deadly weapon, and regardless of the weapon, in the litigious society we live in....you can expect to have the survivors or the estate sue you, so yes....a corpse can sue you. Sucks, but its the truth. I prefer the Florida law regarding the use of deadly force....

Remember: The "truth WILL set you free"! If it doesn't "set you free"....."it will trap you in the cesspool of your own design".

They lost my original "avatar"....oh well.