User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2007, 04:58 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default FCC Is Continuing to Deal with the theft of frequencies!

Tennessee Steel Haulers Warned about the use of 10M

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another driver has been warned to remain OFF the 10 Meter Amateur Band after he was monitored talking without license on frequency 28.085 in the AM mode in May. While drivers use CB radios regularly, some of them are now going outside the allocated 40 channels and finding themselves WAY above and below their own band! This has angered the licensed operators of the 10 meter band, and groups, aided by the Special Counsel for Amateur Radio Enforcement (FCC), of them are watching for these illicit operators as they show up on the 10 Meter band! So HOW do they get caught? It's easy! A LOT easier than the drivers THINK! They believe they can't get caught, but it doesn't require huge technology to achieve a "bust". What drivers don't know is, that area they think is 'unused' is actually reserved for NON-VOICE modes of transmission; even the hams themselves are prohibited from transmitting there with voice modes! THEY think it just part of some "freeband" simply because they are not hearing anything. BUT! Those beeps, burps and "tweeeedly,tweeeedly,tweeeeedly" sound is hams "talking" with digital modes such as Morse, radioteletype, Pactor, and other digital protocols that don't require words in the sense WE know them. The drivers talking on AM (amplitude modulation) with echo-ey, 'trucky-sounding', over-modulated radios (tinkered with out at Joe's CB Shop) stand out like a sore thumb! THAT's how the licensed hams determine WHERE the illegal station(s) are coming from! All they have to do is just drive along quietly listening to the drivers yakkin' without saying a word! The drivers "catch" themselves!

The result is below! You must NOT transmit outside CB without license ANYWHERE! . I hope this helps.

FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION
Enforcement Bureau
Spectrum Enforcement Division
1270 Fairfield Road
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania 17325-7245

VIA CERTIFIED MAIL - RETURN RECEIPT REQUESTED

June 1, 2007
Tennessee Steel Haulers
P. O. Box 78189
Nashville, TN 37207-8189

SUBJECT: WARNING NOTICE - UNLICENSED RADIO OPERATION

Case #EB-2007-3048

Dear Sir:
Information before the Commission indicates that one of your drivers has
been operating radio equipment without a license on 28.085 MHz and causing interference to licensed stations in the Ten Meter Amateur Band.

The driver was observed operating unlicensed on May 3, 2007 at 6:40 PM on Interstate 85, near exit 17, in Gastonia, NC. Please advise your drivers that operation of radio transmitting equipment without a license is a violation of Section 301 of the Communications Act of 1934, as amended, 47 U.S.C. Section 301, and will subject them to fine
or imprisonment, as well as an in rem seizure of any non-certified radio
transmitting equipment, in cooperation with the United States Attorney for
your jurisdiction. Monetary forfeitures normally range from $7,500 to
$10,000.

You are requested to contact me at 717-338-2502 to discuss this matter.

Sincerely,
W. Riley Hollingsworth
Special Counsel
cc: FCC South Central Regional Director
Facsimile to 615-271-2364
- 2 -
Old 07-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Senior Board Member

I thought aliens had abducted you. Damn it!!!! :roll:

Old 07-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Senior Board Member

This is exactly why I love the internet,so much useless information.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:21 AM
Board Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg3564
I thought aliens had abducted you. Damn it!!!! :roll:
He probably caught them operating on some band they werent licensed for and got tired of him reciting the Law to them so they sent him back!

Lucky us!!
Old 07-17-2007, 02:10 AM

So if it is a truck driver he is guilty till proven innocent again huh.How does this guy or anyone els for that matter know that the voice being heard is from a specific vehicle never mind the fact of how they know the person speaking does not have a license to operate on a 10 meter radio?????
Sounds like a huge pile of BS from a poser to me.
If you are so concerned with the radio crap why not put your efort into getting rid of the noise in El Paso that I can hear from my house in New Hampshire.How leagall are they????when the person I can see I can't hear because Cadillac Man is talking about 2 shots of booze and a six pac close to 3000 miles away.
Rant over
Old 07-17-2007, 02:54 AM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

tell the FCC to quit looking-I'm their man
Old 07-17-2007, 02:57 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
FCC Is Continuing to Deal with the theft of frequencies!
I didn't know you could steal an electrical wavelength. Sure, you can use it illegally, but stealing it???

And, if in fact they were stealing them, aren't they now gone? Meaning no one else can ever use them?

OMG - First the ozone and now the frequencies!!!! What's next??? I'm scared now!!!
Old 07-17-2007, 03:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudawg
So if it is a truck driver he is guilty till proven innocent again huh.How does this guy or anyone els for that matter know that the voice being heard is from a specific vehicle never mind the fact of how they know the person speaking does not have a license to operate on a 10 meter radio?????
Sounds like a huge pile of BS from a poser to me.
If you are so concerned with the radio crap why not put your efort into getting rid of the noise in El Paso that I can hear from my house in New Hampshire.How leagall are they????when the person I can see I can't hear because Cadillac Man is talking about 2 shots of booze and a six pac close to 3000 miles away.
Rant over
I think this has already been covered. Driver sees a car with several antennas on it or one that is unusual. Pulls up beside and says,

"How 'boucha little car with all the antennas on it, you copy?" The observer then watches the actions of the driver, the amount of noise, the signal strength, what matches what the driver is saying---several clues usually easily identify the truck and the driver. Most of all, the driver can be SEEN as he uses the mike and the words and the timing of the transmission MATCH!

Next is most important of all. First of all, a LICENSED amateur radio operator WILL NOT BE OPERATING ON 28.085 IN THE AM MODE. P E R I O D! IT IS AGAINST THE LAW AS THE LOWER PART OF 10 METERS IS RESERVED FOR NON-VOICE MODES SUCH A TELETYPE, PACTOR, SLOW-SCAN TELEVISION, MORSE CODE. Simply put, the drivers do this because they AREN'T licensed and they are going by the CB myth of a so-called "freeband". Because the drivers do not hear voice in that portion of 10 Meters, they yap and jabber and it sticks out like sore thumb. NOT-EVEN-LICENSED-AMATEURS-WILL-BE-TALKING-OUT-LOUD in that area. So when a monitor station drives along and hears drivers yapping illegally on 10 Meters, it is EASY to single out the perps because they don't even know they are wrong OR that they are being monitored! This is a complaint filed by a licensed user of these frequencies. The drivers are breaking the law the same as if they were talking on the police VHF band! Under the law, it is the very same. If you are caught talking ANYWHERE outside of the CB band, you can pay up to $10,000 per occurance. Period and end! If I walked right into your house and "borrowed" your hammer without permission, this is an offense against YOU and is subject to the law. When illegal radio operators steal the ability of rightful users to use that for which they OBEYED the law, THEY are stealing from those lawful and rightful users the same as the guy that took your hammer and they are subject to the law the very same. These unlicensed people have NO business on those frequencies and are subject to the penalties provided. IOW, they don't BELONG there!

There is a way, by the way, to put the lie to the "poser" comment. These letters are signed by the Special Counsel for Amateur Radio Enforcement, FCC in Pennsylvania. First, google "Truckers and 10 Meters". Then type in "Hammies want us off 10 Meters" (google), then dial 1-717-338-2502.
This is the PHONE # of the gentleman that signs those letters to the companies. All this information is easily found on the 'web. Just because
YOU don't LIKE it, doesn't make it untrue.

The purpose of posting these letters is to let drivers know that they ARE subject to problems if they continue to go where they don't belong. Currently, there are several solutions in the works. It could take several years, but the rightful users of those frequencies are damn tired of this and are working to get it stopped! To me, I will shriek with laughter when there is a total BAN on so-called "10 meter" radios in commecial trucks! Drivers have FORTY channels, most of whom go begging.

So why don't "I" worry about Cadillac Man (whoever THAT is)? Simple. The licensed amateur radio community is not concerned with happens on
CB. Only when unlicensed operators show up on THEIR turf are they concerned. IOW, Cadillac Man is NOT our problem: drivers yapping on 10 Meters IS! Amateurs will continue to watch for illegal operators, contact Congress, press for the forced removal of illegal radios from commercial trucks. Anyone that wants privileges of 10 meters and other bands have the same opportunity to EARN it---just like the rest of us!

RR
Old 07-17-2007, 03:26 AM
Senior Board Member