User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

The gig is up. Nothing can baffle new hair tests, twice in a row especially. It borders on near impossible statistically speaking.
Old 01-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Board Regular

Vicoden, lortab, etc. DO NOT show up in DOT drug testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Hydrocodone will show up on a drug test, and of course, it does contain Codiene; but if you had Hydrocodone in your system, then you should not have been driving any type of motorized vehichle at all; big truck, 4 wheeler, or motorcycle.

If your Dentist prescribed Vicoden, then he should have prescribed it for no more than 3 days, as it is very highly addictive. It should have been out of your system within 3 to 4 days from the time that you took your last dose.

I had a friend of one of my employees encounter that very situation; he took Hydrocodone after dental surgery, (prescribed by dentist), then he was in a wreck. He was drug tested, and turned up positive; the fact that he was drivinghis p/u truck at the time did not exhonorate him. He wasn't supposed to be driving at all.

I had one of my attornies look into his situation, and she contacted another attorney who specializes in Transportation Law. In the end, there was nothing either attorney could do for this person.

The driver went through SAP, was sidelined for about a year,worked a constructon job, then was hired by a small garbage company. I have no idea what he earns.

It's hard to blame the company here; their liability exposure for hiring you would simply be too high for them to take a risk, and their insurers aill not likely allow them to.

While I'm not optimistic about this, it would not hurt to contact your Legal Aid Society, or a University Law School about this matter.

They may be able to better research this matter for you.
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:35 AM
Default post

Laugh and threathen law suits if you want; but this is no laughing matter. You now have a drug test failure on your DAC and you are shot for being hired for a min. of 7 years. That is how long a company profile on you stays on your DAC, hair test tell your drug use for the past year, so all I can say is good luck; but I believe your ship is sunk.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:18 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
They may show up in a standard DOT drug test. It all depends on how a person's body metabolizes the medication. With that said though, hydrocodone leaves the body completely within a couple of days after a person stops using it.

Also the FMCSA only requires certain drug classes be tested for. This does not mean a company can not test for other types of controlled substances, nor does it mean that a company can not require a more sensitive test to be conducted than what is required.
Old 01-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbadriver

Quote:
Hydrocodone will show up on a drug test, and of course, it does contain Codiene; but if you had Hydrocodone in your system, then you should not have been driving any type of motorized vehichle at all; big truck, 4 wheeler, or motorcycle.

If your Dentist prescribed Vicoden, then he should have prescribed it for no more than 3 days, as it is very highly addictive. It should have been out of your system within 3 to 4 days from the time that you took your last dose.

I had a friend of one of my employees encounter that very situation; he took Hydrocodone after dental surgery, (prescribed by dentist), then he was in a wreck. He was drug tested, and turned up positive; the fact that he was drivinghis p/u truck at the time did not exhonorate him. He wasn't supposed to be driving at all.

I had one of my attornies look into his situation, and she contacted another attorney who specializes in Transportation Law. In the end, there was nothing either attorney could do for this person.

The driver went through SAP, was sidelined for about a year,worked a constructon job, then was hired by a small garbage company. I have no idea what he earns.

It's hard to blame the company here; their liability exposure for hiring you would simply be too high for them to take a risk, and their insurers aill not likely allow them to.

While I'm not optimistic about this, it would not hurt to contact your Legal Aid Society, or a University Law School about this matter.

They may be able to better research this matter for you.
YES IT DOES! When I had a tooth pulled, my denisit WOULD NOT prescribe me Vicoden because he knows what I do for a living. He said that if I got tested it will show up POSITIVE.

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 01-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
:shock:Would you care to cite a credible source to support that claim??
Old 01-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Quote:
He heard it at the lunch counter. How much more of a credible source do you need :lol:

MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Old 01-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Senior Board Member

"mbadriver" Wrote:

Useless Wrote:

Double R Wrote:

He heard it at the lunch counter. How much more of a credible source do you need? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Foiled Once Again!!!

Why, Oh, Why did I waste so many years earning my nursing degree, studying such trivial subjects as chemistry, pharmacology, (including drug interactions!!) and human anatomy and physiology, when I could have just attended "The University of The Flyin' Hook"??
Old 01-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Board Regular

A DOT 5 Panel Drug Test is:

These test classes were established decades ago, and include five specific drug groups. They do not account for current drug usage patterns. For example, the tests do not include "synthetic opiates", such as oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, etc., compounds that are highly abused in America:

1. Cannabinoids (marijuana, hashish)
2. Cocaine (cocaine, benzoylecognine, cocaethylene)
3. Amphetamines (amphetamine, methamphetamine)
4. Opiates (heroin, opium, codeine, morphine)
5. Phencyclidine (PCP)

1 - 5 are the 5 Panel DOT Drug Test. Anything more (or less) is not a DOT drug test.

Synthetics will not show up.

They all metabolize the same. Some people on this site come off pretty convincing, a little scratching around will reveal their inner "buffoonery."

Your dentist didn't want to get sued if you mowed someone down.

[quote="Double R"]
Quote:

YES IT DOES! When I had a tooth pulled, my denisit WOULD NOT prescribe me Vicoden because he knows what I do for a living. He said that if I got tested it will show up POSITIVE.
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Board Icon

Quote:
Foiled Once Again!!!

Why, Oh, Why did I waste so many years earning my nursing degree, studying such trivial subjects as chemistry, pharmacology, (including drug interactions!!) and human anatomy and physiology, when I could have just attended "The University of The Flyin' Hook"??
:lol: :lol:
You could've gotten your Masters Degree there, and free showers to boot. :P

http://watsonsysco.com/