User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-16-2007, 11:36 PM
Rookie
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 45
Default

The gig is up. Nothing can baffle new hair tests, twice in a row especially. It borders on near impossible statistically speaking.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-19-2008, 01:18 PM
Board Regular
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: I94 Exit 69
Posts: 358
Default

Vicoden, lortab, etc. DO NOT show up in DOT drug testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Hydrocodone will show up on a drug test, and of course, it does contain Codiene; but if you had Hydrocodone in your system, then you should not have been driving any type of motorized vehichle at all; big truck, 4 wheeler, or motorcycle.

If your Dentist prescribed Vicoden, then he should have prescribed it for no more than 3 days, as it is very highly addictive. It should have been out of your system within 3 to 4 days from the time that you took your last dose.

I had a friend of one of my employees encounter that very situation; he took Hydrocodone after dental surgery, (prescribed by dentist), then he was in a wreck. He was drug tested, and turned up positive; the fact that he was drivinghis p/u truck at the time did not exhonorate him. He wasn't supposed to be driving at all.

I had one of my attornies look into his situation, and she contacted another attorney who specializes in Transportation Law. In the end, there was nothing either attorney could do for this person.

The driver went through SAP, was sidelined for about a year,worked a constructon job, then was hired by a small garbage company. I have no idea what he earns.

It's hard to blame the company here; their liability exposure for hiring you would simply be too high for them to take a risk, and their insurers aill not likely allow them to.

While I'm not optimistic about this, it would not hurt to contact your Legal Aid Society, or a University Law School about this matter.

They may be able to better research this matter for you.
__________________
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-20-2008, 04:35 AM
Member
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 169
Default post

Laugh and threathen law suits if you want; but this is no laughing matter. You now have a drug test failure on your DAC and you are shot for being hired for a min. of 7 years. That is how long a company profile on you stays on your DAC, hair test tell your drug use for the past year, so all I can say is good luck; but I believe your ship is sunk.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-20-2008, 06:18 AM
Senior Board Member
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: East Central IL between the corn and the beans
Posts: 4,982
Default

Quote:
Vicoden, lortab, etc. DO NOT show up in DOT drug testing.
They may show up in a standard DOT drug test. It all depends on how a person's body metabolizes the medication. With that said though, hydrocodone leaves the body completely within a couple of days after a person stops using it.

Also the FMCSA only requires certain drug classes be tested for. This does not mean a company can not test for other types of controlled substances, nor does it mean that a company can not require a more sensitive test to be conducted than what is required.
__________________
Finding the right trucking company is like finding the right person to marry. I really comes down to finding one whose BS you can put up with and who can put up wih yours.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Double R's Avatar
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbadriver
Vicoden, lortab, etc. DO NOT show up in DOT drug testing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Hydrocodone will show up on a drug test, and of course, it does contain Codiene; but if you had Hydrocodone in your system, then you should not have been driving any type of motorized vehichle at all; big truck, 4 wheeler, or motorcycle.

If your Dentist prescribed Vicoden, then he should have prescribed it for no more than 3 days, as it is very highly addictive. It should have been out of your system within 3 to 4 days from the time that you took your last dose.

I had a friend of one of my employees encounter that very situation; he took Hydrocodone after dental surgery, (prescribed by dentist), then he was in a wreck. He was drug tested, and turned up positive; the fact that he was drivinghis p/u truck at the time did not exhonorate him. He wasn't supposed to be driving at all.

I had one of my attornies look into his situation, and she contacted another attorney who specializes in Transportation Law. In the end, there was nothing either attorney could do for this person.

The driver went through SAP, was sidelined for about a year,worked a constructon job, then was hired by a small garbage company. I have no idea what he earns.

It's hard to blame the company here; their liability exposure for hiring you would simply be too high for them to take a risk, and their insurers aill not likely allow them to.

While I'm not optimistic about this, it would not hurt to contact your Legal Aid Society, or a University Law School about this matter.

They may be able to better research this matter for you.
YES IT DOES! When I had a tooth pulled, my denisit WOULD NOT prescribe me Vicoden because he knows what I do for a living. He said that if I got tested it will show up POSITIVE.
__________________
CERTIFIED NUTS BY THE STATE OF PA


MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-21-2008, 04:04 PM
Senior Board Member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,601
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbadriver
Vicoden, lortab, etc. DO NOT show up in DOT drug testing.
:shock:Would you care to cite a credible source to support that claim??
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Double R's Avatar
Food Service Monkey
Senior Board Member
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbadriver
Vicoden, lortab, etc. DO NOT show up in DOT drug testing.
:shock:Would you care to cite a credible source to support that claim??
He heard it at the lunch counter. How much more of a credible source do you need :lol:
__________________
CERTIFIED NUTS BY THE STATE OF PA


MY FACEBOOK PAGE
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-21-2008, 07:23 PM
Senior Board Member
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 3,601
Default

"mbadriver" Wrote:

Vicoden, lortab, etc. DO NOT show up in DOT drug testing.

Useless Wrote:

:shock:Would you care to cite a credible source to support that claim??

Double R Wrote:

He heard it at the lunch counter. How much more of a credible source do you need? :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Foiled Once Again!!!

Why, Oh, Why did I waste so many years earning my nursing degree, studying such trivial subjects as chemistry, pharmacology, (including drug interactions!!) and human anatomy and physiology, when I could have just attended "The University of The Flyin' Hook"??
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Board Regular
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: I94 Exit 69
Posts: 358
Default

A DOT 5 Panel Drug Test is:

These test classes were established decades ago, and include five specific drug groups. They do not account for current drug usage patterns. For example, the tests do not include "synthetic opiates", such as oxycodone, oxymorphone, hydrocodone, hydromorphone, etc., compounds that are highly abused in America:

1. Cannabinoids (marijuana, hashish)
2. Cocaine (cocaine, benzoylecognine, cocaethylene)
3. Amphetamines (amphetamine, methamphetamine)
4. Opiates (heroin, opium, codeine, morphine)
5. Phencyclidine (PCP)

1 - 5 are the 5 Panel DOT Drug Test. Anything more (or less) is not a DOT drug test.

Synthetics will not show up.

They all metabolize the same. Some people on this site come off pretty convincing, a little scratching around will reveal their inner "buffoonery."

Your dentist didn't want to get sued if you mowed someone down.

[quote="Double R"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbadriver
Vicoden, lortab, etc. DO NOT show up in DOT drug testing.

YES IT DOES! When I had a tooth pulled, my denisit WOULD NOT prescribe me Vicoden because he knows what I do for a living. He said that if I got tested it will show up POSITIVE.
__________________
"He knew who I was, at that time, because I had a reputation as a writer. I knew he was part of the Bush dynasty. But he was nothing, he offered nothing, and he promised nothing. He had no humor. He was insignificant in every way and consequently I didn't pay much attention to him. But when he passed out in my bathtub, then I noticed him. I'd been in another room, talking to the bright people. I had to have him taken away." -on meeting George W Bush at Thompson's Super Bowl party in Houston in 1974

Buy the ticket. Take the ride.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Jackrabbit379's Avatar
Board Icon
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Wichita Falls,Tx
Posts: 7,202
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless
Foiled Once Again!!!

Why, Oh, Why did I waste so many years earning my nursing degree, studying such trivial subjects as chemistry, pharmacology, (including drug interactions!!) and human anatomy and physiology, when I could have just attended "The University of The Flyin' Hook"??
:lol: :lol:
You could've gotten your Masters Degree there, and free showers to boot. :P
__________________


http://watsonsysco.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply






Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:31 AM.


User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.3.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.