User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

If you refused that’s one thing. If you never took it you left yourself totally open for Guilty. I assume this is recent? If it is call a independent drug testing company to submit samples. It will cost you but it’s better to be proven clean. You can argue the message delivery.
Old 04-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruckerManMikee
....... it was misunderstood on both parts and there was NO FAIR WARNING no coupkle days in advance or I would have been there beforehand.
Im going to be in contact with DOT in washington im not letting this one lay down HIPPA rules even in effect they wanted me to discuss my medical situation in a room full of other drivers taking test.
Dude, I don't know who's been writting your material, but this is one for the records.......No couple of days FAIR WARNING????
:shock:
Now, your wanting to cite HIPPA???
:shock:
Dude you've watched one too many episodes of "The People's Court"!! :P
Old 04-11-2007, 06:09 PM
The Bat Cave
Board Icon

Useless makes a good point, too, that maybe hasn't been stressed yet. It's not a random drug test if you know about it in advance. The company knows about it in advance for the simple matter of making sure your routing will take you through a testing location. When it does, they call you with that "oh by the way," routine.

Old 04-11-2007, 08:11 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
there was NO FAIR WARNING no coupkle days in advance
Actually there was plenty of warning. During orientation you were given a sheet or booklet outlining the companies drug and alcohol testing policies, and unless Swift has changed you signed a piece of paper stating you have read and you understand those policies.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:37 PM

Well I was at the Laredo, Tx Swift terminal last August and my "random" was announced to me. I was a lease purchase o/o and I was not allowed to leave with the truck or anything. A loty of ppl in Laredo made out like bandits when I had to sell everything in order to buy a bus ticket back to Maine. Swift just washed there hands of me. As they should have. :shock: I have tried to get another CDL job but it looks like that will never happen again. I was there almost 3 yrs when I was canned. JUst a big mistake on my part. I smoked with a relative on July 4th and got randomed in Jonestown. 2 weeks later in Laredo. Well you read ity already.
Old 04-23-2007, 09:30 PM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadetree4u
Well I was at the Laredo, Tx Swift terminal last August and my "random" was announced to me. I was a lease purchase o/o and I was not allowed to leave with the truck or anything. A loty of ppl in Laredo made out like bandits when I had to sell everything in order to buy a bus ticket back to Maine. Swift just washed there hands of me. As they should have. :shock: I have tried to get another CDL job but it looks like that will never happen again. I was there almost 3 yrs when I was canned. JUst a big mistake on my part. I smoked with a relative on July 4th and got randomed in Jonestown. 2 weeks later in Laredo. Well you read ity already.
Good
Old 04-24-2007, 01:23 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Flyer
Regarding random drug tests, those randoms are listed with the company usually a couple weeks in advance. So they know beforehand that it's coming up, in order to ensure the driver is routed in the correct direction to get tested.
That's the truth. I got a call from my fleet manager the other day. He said I needed to do something, but he couldn't tell me what. :lol:

As soon as you are notified of a random, you have to proceed IMMEDIATELY to a drug testing station to have it done. Do not pass go, do not collect $200.
lol, same thing happened to me. I finished my 11 hours, fell asleep at 6 am and at 11 there is a msg telling me to come in the terminal. Now mind you they didn't tell me about the drug test so what do I do before I report to my DM and safety? I use the restroom, aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggg, lol. For 2+ hours I'm drinking water and walking around trying to get myself to pee, not to mention she informed me about the 4 hour deadline, that wasn't helping my bladder any. Well, they finaly got thier pee and i went back to bed but next time they tell me to come inside I think I'll go there first b4 I use the restroom.
Old 04-24-2007, 05:30 PM
Board Regular

I got a call from our boss one day told me to come back to the yard and see him right away. Walked in and he told me to head to the place that we have our dot physicals and drug test done. He knew that morning who he was going to have do the randoms but waited till be we got back in town.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:50 PM
Board Regular
Default Swift goes by a script . .

. . when your name comes up they route you to or through a terminal. Once there, they have you call a/your driver manager who then reads the very specific instructions, used every time, as to who you must contact and how much time you have to do it. They also explain very carefully what the consequences will be if you don't do as you're told. Of course, they then complete a form to certify they have followed the company policy to the letter.

It's pretty evident from the original post that the poster is not a gifted communicator and that looks to me to be at the root of his problem.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:38 PM
Rookie

USELESS you have no idea what your ranting about, My team driver worked in the medical field and for a co to discusss your medical history or any part of medical stuff in front of other drivers or anyone for that matter is a HIPPA violation you'd better read up on your medical Laws before you spew what you dont know so take your PEOPLE COURT and run down the road with it............................................anyw ays I have to see SAP in the Albany,NY area so I can return to i got a local non cdl job so to pay for it then me and the betterhalf will be running the road again.