User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2007, 01:25 AM
Senior Board Member
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default CANADA'S CTHRC PROPOSED RULING

I was reading the info on the CTHRC site last nite......

I am wondering how much of an impact these "national standards" will have on those currently holding an AZ or equivalent in other provinces? Do drivers know what and how this will affect their current license? Will current drivers be tested under the new legislation? If so, how and at who/what cost? How long does government believe it will take before these national standards are legislation?

The site also indicates which driver training programs have been "approved" in each province, with only 1 in Ontario. With this in mind, I am concerned that IF ALL OTHERS do not meet the standard.......why have the different provincial MT dept's not been able to impose some means of monitoring prior to this? Also, do they intend on training and approving new driver training programs in any of the major cities? Who will monitor CTHRC? Check out the Board members.

Like anything else, there is good & bad to this "governing body" in the industry. I don't want/like to see the politicians involved in the industry, however, we all know they are the ones who pass the bills.

A national standard is necessary to develop a safety & training standard across the country. Regrettably, I can see many will choose not to enter the industry because of the proposed apprenticeship time required before one can go OTR.

Thanks all, just some thoughts I had. If you haven't had a chance to read it, I have provided the link to their sit.

http://www.cthrc.com/en/index.php

Love to hear some comments.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:25 AM
Default Re: CANADA'S CTHRC PROPOSED RULING

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastern ontario
I was reading the info on the CTHRC site last nite......

I am wondering how much of an impact these "national standards" will have on those currently holding an AZ or equivalent in other provinces? Do drivers know what and how this will affect their current license? Will current drivers be tested under the new legislation? If so, how and at who/what cost? How long does government believe it will take before these national standards are legislation?
I wouldn't hold your breath. :roll: