User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default ADD and Trucking.........

I am against exceptions and questionable circumstances that may affect public safety. I disagree with some medical practictioners and have called several when situations were discovered when a driver was qualified and shouldn't have been. However, if the rules allow it then so be it.

The FMCSA.GOV rues you quoted below:
1.41 Physical qualifications for drivers."
(b)(12)(ii) "Exception. A driver may use such a substance or drug, if the substance or drug is prescribed by a licensed medical practitioner who":
(b)(12)(ii)(A) Is familiar with the driver's medical history and assigned duties; and
(b)(12)(ii)(B) "Has advised the driver that the prescribed substance or drug will not adversely affect the driver's ability to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle; and"
(b)(12)(i) "Does not use a controlled substance identified in 21 CFR 1308.11 Schedule I, an amphetamine, a narcotic, or any other habit-forming drug."

according to that he can still drive is that what you were saying???

Yes. That is what I am saying. With your ending statment "I am against exceptions and questionable circumstances that may affect public safety. I disagree with some medical practictioners and have called several when situations were discovered when a driver was qualified and shouldn't have been. However, if the rules allow it then so be it." I really don't expect you to agree with me. I do wish however that you would try to understand what ADD does to an adult when they are untreated..... they are just like an untreated child EVERYTHING THAT MAKES A MOVEMENT OR SOUND DESERVES EQUAL ATTENTION, quite the same as someone who gets a camcorder, the 1st few times they use it everything is jerky, out of focus, not ready for cannes. When I take Adderal I can focus, I do not feel as if I am on 'speed' although if a 'normal' person, say you took it you might not be able to sleep for 3 to 4 days. Hence it is classified as an amphetamine. Until Abbott stopped making Cylert there was no problem as Cylert was not classified as an amphetamine and did not show up in a drug screen.
I also take Estrogen due to a hystorectomy in 1981, 1cc I inject every 4 weeks, yet again I had to have my OBGYN write a letter stating He had been treating me for 30 years, and was aware of my full medical history, as well as the duties my job required of me, that he prescribed my Estrogen, and the benefits of my using the Estrogen once a month not adversely affect the driver's ability to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle; and that I have now nor have I never had a diagnosis of alcoholism. He and I both laughed and he asked if my company would be offended if He added that NO ONE could benefit if our highways contained even one menapausal female on a tricycle much less an 18-wheeler.

You also quoted the rule concerning high blood pressure. While this concerns me not [my blood pressure is low]. The majority of male truckers I have met are on high blood pressure medication. I would enjoy knowing how you feel about this exception to the rule.

To my knowledge no one with ADD has ever passed out from having ADD.

Sincerely....... ~th bama's mom

(b)(6) Has no current clinical diagnosis of high blood pressure likely to interfere with his/her ability to operate a commercial motor vehicle safely;
Old 06-18-2017, 01:33 AM
Rookie

May I ask what medication he is taking cause I also have ADHD and the med i take is Strattera 80mg and its on the company i have applied for prohibited list and so gonna try to change to one not on list, my only thing is that the med is good for me. I also take anti psychotic and that one also on the list