User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2016, 05:11 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

I am a Substance Abuse Professional and have seen it go both ways. Don't know the reason but some owner operators get reported right away.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:05 AM
Rookie
Default Hey

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze_ View Post
A pre employment failure is not going on your DAC. If you read the DAC, it is for previous employers only. The regulations require you to do an SAP if you were an employee and failed. You could easily go to Canada and smoke legally and then come back and fail a pre employment. This doesn't mean you did anything wrong. The nutjobs on here that want to make you feel like a junky are just that -- nutjobs. Most of them smoke cigarettes, and cigarettes can interfere with the safe operation of a commercial vehicle just as much, if not more, than weed can. You can get a stroke or heart attack from smoking cigarettes. Maybe they should test for cigarettes too. Smoking weed can reduce the size of tumors and make you healthier. It can help improve your eyesight too. It can save children from dying of cancer. It can do many things that tobacco can't. You can get an undiagnosed cancer from cigarettes and then fall out dead and wreck. Maybe they should test for cigs! The kind of people that want you to live life according to their rules don't really have very many people in their life that can tolerate them. Who cares what they think anyway? They are just crusty old farts with an attitude and they will die just as miserably as they lived. You can be weed free for months and still fail a test. That doesn't mean you are less than a crusty old whiner that chain smokes and judges people based upon his small little opinions that aren't that important anyway. If you did get into a problem with DOT over a pre employment I'm sure it would be any easy case to win in court. They can make all the little arbitrary rules they want, but they have bigger fish to fry. You didn't kill anyone. Furthermore, a company is not going to want to be putting all their pre employment fails into a database anymore than you would want them there. They know info can and will eventually be used against them and they volunteer as little as possible for good reasons. They don't want to be perceived as a company that users flock to. You can forget about all the retards posting that pre employments go on DACs. They are just sad little people with no life and no happiness. They have no respect for the quality of information online. They just want to be the sad little people they are and make the world worse than it is. They want you to feel like a meth head or something when they are most likely the more miserable person when honestly and thoroughly compared. Driving while ****ed up is one thing and shouldn't be done. Doing what you want on your own time is an entirely different thing and should be encouraged in a free country. The miserable people on here that want to pass judgment are just ass clowns and shouldn't be taken very seriously. Whose life is it anyway? Do they pay your bills? Let them live in misery and don't take them serious. All that being said, there are 8 states that I know of that require the MRO to report all failures to them, and you will lose your CDL if you live in one of those states. Does the MRO know about this or not? Who knows for sure? I'm sure there could be an instance of an MRO sending this information to a state that doesn't require it too. Truth be known: There is a risk when you fail any DOT test. It isn't right by any means. Failing a test for weed doesn't make you a criminal, but it can hurt you just as badly. The test is flawed in my opinion. A coke head can be clean in 3 days and someone smoking some weed can take months to be clean. The coke head is probably more likely to steal something to support a habit. It's a ****ed up situation for sure. The hard truth is we live in a dynamic world with so many variables going on that nobody can really give a straight answer when there are none. If an MRO just decides to report all fails to all states then who can stop them? If a company gets upset because you told them to eat **** and then they said oh yeah well how about this horse **** on your DAC now then what could be done. People always want to assign a blame for everything by looking at the past with a microscope. It is easy to tell if someone is ****ed up at the present time: saliva swabs for drugs, blood tests for alcohol -- easy peasy. That isn't the total goal though. If you aren't ****ed up they want to go to the past with a microscope and talk **** to an elderly judge and convince him that you are **** so they can get some money. If they really wanted to know who the ****tier person was the lawyers should look in the mirror. There really is no right or wrong when it is all said and done. There is just what I can make you believe and how much can I get paid. Fair and just has never been the goal.
I know it's a couple months later but I kinda wasn't d to see more of what u know and let you know iam on the same level of thinking as you. I recently got my cdl A and had a job, but it wasn't working out so I went and took another piss test for another company. I got denied the job probly because of my backround I assume (minor misdemeanor DC). Anyways I took a pre employment test for a company and used fake piss the first time. They told.me it.was over temp so I ****ing left. The company let me go back and retake in front of a doctor. I knew I was gonna be positive so I grabbed some intant clean before I went back and failed. Whatever my fault I ****ed up. Here my issue is if I want to smoke a hit to regulate my appetite which is why I smoke weed what the ****.is the problem. My bad it's so long but basically because of this failed weed test for a preemployment job I now have a disqualified cdl until I go threw classes. Just wondered if you knew more about that and green is a medicine people should.be held more accountable for high cholesterol, blood pressure, arthritis, lack of.exercise, ****ing heroin ... Sorry for the rant and iam on a phone so u might have to figure some sentences out ... Thanks for getting back to me if you do.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:07 PM
Board Icon
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

....I know I parked around here somewhere....

Old 09-09-2016, 07:47 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbreeze_ View Post
A pre employment failure is not going on your DAC. If you read the DAC, it is for previous employers only. The regulations require you to do an SAP if you were an employee and failed. You could easily go to Canada and smoke legally and then come back and fail a pre employment. This doesn't mean you did anything wrong. The nutjobs on here that want to make you feel like a junky are just that -- nutjobs. Most of them smoke cigarettes, and cigarettes can interfere with the safe operation of a commercial vehicle just as much, if not more, than weed can. You can get a stroke or heart attack from smoking cigarettes. Maybe they should test for cigarettes too. Smoking weed can reduce the size of tumors and make you healthier. It can help improve your eyesight too. It can save children from dying of cancer. It can do many things that tobacco can't. You can get an undiagnosed cancer from cigarettes and then fall out dead and wreck. Maybe they should test for cigs! The kind of people that want you to live life according to their rules don't really have very many people in their life that can tolerate them. Who cares what they think anyway? They are just crusty old farts with an attitude and they will die just as miserably as they lived. You can be weed free for months and still fail a test. That doesn't mean you are less than a crusty old whiner that chain smokes and judges people based upon his small little opinions that aren't that important anyway. If you did get into a problem with DOT over a pre employment I'm sure it would be any easy case to win in court. They can make all the little arbitrary rules they want, but they have bigger fish to fry. You didn't kill anyone. Furthermore, a company is not going to want to be putting all their pre employment fails into a database anymore than you would want them there. They know info can and will eventually be used against them and they volunteer as little as possible for good reasons. They don't want to be perceived as a company that users flock to. You can forget about all the retards posting that pre employments go on DACs. They are just sad little people with no life and no happiness. They have no respect for the quality of information online. They just want to be the sad little people they are and make the world worse than it is.

Seems to me that you are doing the judging. Great advice that you gave! Thanks and welcome to the board!

Do some research before blustering like this again. Bob Marley.

• Contains drug/alcohol records including pre-employment test results on drivers not hired

DAC Report, DAC Employment History File | HireRight

The DAC report provides information on the period of service, equipment operated, loads hauled, driver status and experience, reason for leaving, rehire eligibility, number of accidents with accident detail, drug and alcohol histories
including pre-employment test results, and truck driving school performance records.

Last edited by belpre122; 09-09-2016 at 08:08 AM.
Old 09-10-2016, 05:53 AM
Local Advocate
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post

....I know I parked around here somewhere....
Hey coolbreeze,

Here's a special logbook for you. Completely DOT compliant. I used all of the good internet information that you crow about.

Please print this out, and hand over to the next DOT officer at your window or at a scale. Tell the officer that you are operating on LINE 5.

Your're most welcome!
CAD NUTJOB

If you're still driving.................

Old 10-06-2016, 03:22 PM
Board Icon

Sorry to "sober you up" there, Belpre... but that log page is NOT DOT compliant. You'll need to make that Jack Daniels break another 15 minutes longer to satisfy the "30 minute break" rule!

TRUCKIN' AIN'T FOR WUSSES!!!

"I am willing to admit that I was wrong." The Rev.
Old 12-29-2016, 09:03 PM
Rookie

Need some help in Oregon. My husband just had a u.a. and they said the sample was not at temperature. They sent the info to DMV but I don't know what the next steps are. Any info would be appreciated!
Old 06-15-2017, 08:03 PM
Rookie

If I remember right, some companies report it, some don't. I've never talked to anyone who said they failed a pre-employment drug test and that it was reported to Hire Right. I have talked to two people who said they failed pre-employment drug tests and it never showed one their DAC report.
Old 06-21-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpwelsh007 View Post
OK. here's the deal. i am having an argument with another guy on classadrivers about this subject.

if you fail a pre-employment drug test, it will not go on you dac report because you are not employed by that company, hence pre-employment. he says that it will be on the dac report. i say it will not be on the dac report.

which is true?
I heard it will not go to the report. Technically it is the company who should claim this fact, and you are not an employee.
Old 09-09-2017, 12:12 AM
Rookie
Default Help?

So, my husband JUST got his CDL license. Hasn't even been a month. He used to smoke marijuana but stopped a few months before he decided to get his license. He recently applied for a job that asked for a urine and hair drug test. He passed the urine test, just like he passed the DOT urine test a month ago. But the hair sample went back 6 months!! He failed the hair test. The company stated that they were obligated to report the failed test to the SC DOT. The SC DOT told me that they don't "count" hair samples. The federal motor carrier told me the same thing. The SC DMV really didn't tell me anything. All they said was that each report is taken on a case by case basis. Now my husband is terrified that his CDL license are in jeopardy when he hasn't even had a chance to use them! Does he have anything to worry about??