LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2014, 10:26 PM
Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Default It does (I know it for fact)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpwelsh007 View Post
OK. here's the deal. i am having an argument with another guy on classadrivers about this subject.

if you fail a pre-employment drug test, it will not go on you dac report because you are not employed by that company, hence pre-employment. he says that it will be on the dac report. i say it will not be on the dac report.

which is true?
It goes on your dac and finding work will always be a problem...forever! I know, happen to me 2 1/2 years ago n no one will hire me still.
Old 11-09-2014, 09:46 PM
Rookie

I think when you agree to test it is a Legal DOT drug screen..They will know ...
Old 02-01-2015, 06:46 PM
Rookie

As this was tough to put this out there,I was driving for a company OTR I had been clean and sober for 17 yrs.I was going out to Chicago and had a medical emergency taken by ambulance .I had a drug screen done and tested positive.I RECENTLY HAD RELAPSED APPARENTLY.I dont know much about DAC other than it is a truckers history.I was told that it is more of a database for OTR drivers.My question is I know most companies will not consider hiring me back for a minimum of 3 yrs but do local companies look at a DAC.Would appreciate any feedback THANKS AND STAY SAFE
Old 02-01-2015, 08:17 PM
Senior Board Member

What's the difference if they contact your past employer or use DAC? Failed drug test comes back either way.
Old 02-02-2015, 03:23 AM
Senior Board Member

If you fail a pre-employment, random, reasonable suspicion or post accident drug or alcohol screen, you will need to complete an SAP program and even then no one is required no obliged (nor smart) to hire you.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:43 AM
Senior Board Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel demon View Post
As this was tough to put this out there,I was driving for a company OTR I had been clean and sober for 17 yrs.I was going out to Chicago and had a medical emergency taken by ambulance .I had a drug screen done and tested positive.I RECENTLY HAD RELAPSED APPARENTLY.
What is that supposed to mean?? You relapsed APPARENTLY??
Old 06-05-2015, 09:32 PM
Rookie

I know its 2015 and this post is kind of old. But you are right , my friend failed a dot pre employment drug test. now he got a driving job nothing on MVR OR DAC Report. I hope this helped
Old 06-20-2015, 11:19 AM
Administrator
Site Admin
Board Icon

You can challenge a drug test and ask to be retested. A failure is serious in this business.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:05 AM
Rookie

A pre employment failure is not going on your DAC. If you read the DAC, it is for previous employers only. The regulations require you to do an SAP if you were an employee and failed. You could easily go to Canada and smoke legally and then come back and fail a pre employment. This doesn't mean you did anything wrong. The nutjobs on here that want to make you feel like a junky are just that -- nutjobs. Most of them smoke cigarettes, and cigarettes can interfere with the safe operation of a commercial vehicle just as much, if not more, than weed can. You can get a stroke or heart attack from smoking cigarettes. Maybe they should test for cigarettes too. Smoking weed can reduce the size of tumors and make you healthier. It can help improve your eyesight too. It can save children from dying of cancer. It can do many things that tobacco can't. You can get an undiagnosed cancer from cigarettes and then fall out dead and wreck. Maybe they should test for cigs! The kind of people that want you to live life according to their rules don't really have very many people in their life that can tolerate them. Who cares what they think anyway? They are just crusty old farts with an attitude and they will die just as miserably as they lived. You can be weed free for months and still fail a test. That doesn't mean you are less than a crusty old whiner that chain smokes and judges people based upon his small little opinions that aren't that important anyway. If you did get into a problem with DOT over a pre employment I'm sure it would be any easy case to win in court. They can make all the little arbitrary rules they want, but they have bigger fish to fry. You didn't kill anyone. Furthermore, a company is not going to want to be putting all their pre employment fails into a database anymore than you would want them there. They know info can and will eventually be used against them and they volunteer as little as possible for good reasons. They don't want to be perceived as a company that users flock to. You can forget about all the retards posting that pre employments go on DACs. They are just sad little people with no life and no happiness. They have no respect for the quality of information online. They just want to be the sad little people they are and make the world worse than it is. They want you to feel like a meth head or something when they are most likely the more miserable person when honestly and thoroughly compared. Driving while ****ed up is one thing and shouldn't be done. Doing what you want on your own time is an entirely different thing and should be encouraged in a free country. The miserable people on here that want to pass judgment are just ass clowns and shouldn't be taken very seriously. Whose life is it anyway? Do they pay your bills? Let them live in misery and don't take them serious. All that being said, there are 8 states that I know of that require the MRO to report all failures to them, and you will lose your CDL if you live in one of those states. Does the MRO know about this or not? Who knows for sure? I'm sure there could be an instance of an MRO sending this information to a state that doesn't require it too. Truth be known: There is a risk when you fail any DOT test. It isn't right by any means. Failing a test for weed doesn't make you a criminal, but it can hurt you just as badly. The test is flawed in my opinion. A coke head can be clean in 3 days and someone smoking some weed can take months to be clean. The coke head is probably more likely to steal something to support a habit. It's a ****ed up situation for sure. The hard truth is we live in a dynamic world with so many variables going on that nobody can really give a straight answer when there are none. If an MRO just decides to report all fails to all states then who can stop them? If a company gets upset because you told them to eat **** and then they said oh yeah well how about this horse **** on your DAC now then what could be done. People always want to assign a blame for everything by looking at the past with a microscope. It is easy to tell if someone is ****ed up at the present time: saliva swabs for drugs, blood tests for alcohol -- easy peasy. That isn't the total goal though. If you aren't ****ed up they want to go to the past with a microscope and talk **** to an elderly judge and convince him that you are **** so they can get some money. If they really wanted to know who the ****tier person was the lawyers should look in the mirror. There really is no right or wrong when it is all said and done. There is just what I can make you believe and how much can I get paid. Fair and just has never been the goal.

Last edited by coolbreeze_; 06-04-2016 at 01:28 AM.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:13 AM
Senior Board Member

"The test is flawed in my opinion" Your whole rant is opinion!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government.” George Washington