Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   DOT or someone else!?! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/44025-dot-someone-else.html)

thereverend 05-15-2013 10:50 AM

DOT or someone else!?!

Not sure if anyone has had this happen to them or not. But yesterday I was in the port of Albany,NY and was told by a trucker that someone in a BLUE 4 door S10 blazer was taking pictures of trucks there at the exit 23 truck plaza. The BLUE 4 Door S10 blazer had Official TAGS on it. Does anyone know who the heck this was and WHY they were taking pictures of RANDOM trucks? At 1st I thought it was DOT but DOT has YELLOW trucks and vans. Anyone else have this happen to them in this area? or any other area for that fact?

chris1 05-15-2013 09:14 PM

Sure it wasn't black?

thereverend 05-15-2013 10:54 PM

Did not see it..

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris1 (Post 525571)
Sure it wasn't black?

I did not see it another trucker did.. Why what would a BLACK one be?

chris1 05-16-2013 10:02 AM

Tin foil hat time.

firebird_1252 05-16-2013 01:43 PM

ny state has a bunch of cars.. they have everything from early 90's olds-a H2 hummer.

asdfghjkl 05-23-2013 08:47 PM

NY state police have Tahoes. They take your picture for evidence to be used against you in court. Don't you know it's illegal to do anything in New York. Governor Cuomo wants to make sure to send you a thank you note for doing business in NY, along with an inquiry as to why you did not pay NY state income tax on money you made while you we're visiting.( not kidding )

Musicman 06-12-2013 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by asdfghjkl (Post 525721)
Governor Cuomo wants to make sure to send you a thank you note for doing business in NY, along with an inquiry as to why you did not pay NY state income tax on money you made while you we're visiting.( not kidding )

New Jersey actually pioneered this.

Targeting the Nexus Mess ? Again | Business Finance Blog

Nebraska has also done similar things and other states have allegedly sent agents to NJ to learn how to illegally screw out of state truck companies in a similar fashion.

Kansas sends me a bill for "property tax" each year because I own equipment that passes through the state (usually only about 4% of my miles are KS miles). The bill isn't much... under a hundred dollars, but it's annoying. They take the value of my equipment (truck and trailer) and then use my miles traveled from my IFTA reporting to calculate my "property tax." I'm fairly sure sure this is illegal, but it isn't worth fighting unless they make it more expensive to pay than to fight it.