Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Results of new glider on the road (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/42844-results-new-glider-road.html)

classictruckman 01-13-2013 02:23 PM

Very nice looking truck, I really like the dash and the rest of the interior. Do you mind if I ask why you went with mid roof sleeper instead of a high-rise?

Copperhead 01-13-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classictruckman (Post 522471)
Very nice looking truck, I really like the dash and the rest of the interior. Do you mind if I ask why you went with mid roof sleeper instead of a high-rise?

I have no need for a condo. Always has seemed like a waste to me. I am not Shaq, so I have no need for the extra roof space. I have so many cabinets (one of which is a full hanging clothes closet), cargo side boxes, and under bunk cargo space, I am not even using half of what I have available. I know the possible response to that, "then why did you get so much storage space?" Anyone who has been at this game for any length of time knows that you can NEVER have too much storage space. Better to have too much than not enough. So, what benefit would having a ceiling I cannot touch do? It is easier to heat or cool a midroof than a condo. And, when the time comes to sell the truck, I have a wider base of possible buyers. It is difficult to sometimes get a condo under a grain chute. Since I primarily live and operate in the midwest, lots of farmers that would buy a midroof and overlook a condo. I guess, unless it is a team operation, my question would be.. "why would anyone buy a condo?"

classictruckman 01-13-2013 07:50 PM

well I would probably buy a midroof too, to pull a stepdeck, but I always thought if I went OTR pulling a van that I would buy a condo just to make the truck more comfortable for me, never thought about heating and cooling though.

Mackman 01-14-2013 12:13 AM

Damn that is a nice looking truck. That blue and red go together well.

Copperhead 01-14-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman (Post 522490)
Damn that is a nice looking truck. That blue and red go together well.

Thanks. When I put the order in, I didn't think about painting the frame. I had 30 days to modify the order. I called dealer back and asked about doing the undercarriage. I had the body done in Dupont Viper Blue Pearl Elite, so figured that Dupont Viper Red would be a good choice. Learned also that by requesting another paint, that the corrosion resistance on the underside would go up by 80%. Seems that the basic black is just applied by whomever makes the components. If you request a different color, then the factory has to seal, prime, and paint the underside before the body is put on. Not bad, good looking, better corrosion resistance, and all for $285 extra on the order. No matter the color, I would recommend anyone ordering a truck ask for a different paint on the underside. Cheap protection.

Just wish the truck still looked that pretty now. Salt and crud in the winter can really take away from the looks. Oh well, summer will come again!

firebird_1252 01-14-2013 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copperhead (Post 522467)
Thank you. Yeah, it just cried out for dual exhaust.

my biggest gripe with the dual exhaust is that with my tri-pac i do not have the room to put a load bar holder.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copperhead (Post 522473)
I have no need for a condo. Always has seemed like a waste to me. I am not Shaq, so I have no need for the extra roof space. I have so many cabinets (one of which is a full hanging clothes closet), cargo side boxes, and under bunk cargo space, I am not even using half of what I have available. I know the possible response to that, "then why did you get so much storage space?" Anyone who has been at this game for any length of time knows that you can NEVER have too much storage space. Better to have too much than not enough. So, what benefit would having a ceiling I cannot touch do? It is easier to heat or cool a midroof than a condo. And, when the time comes to sell the truck, I have a wider base of possible buyers. It is difficult to sometimes get a condo under a grain chute. Since I primarily live and operate in the midwest, lots of farmers that would buy a midroof and overlook a condo. I guess, unless it is a team operation, my question would be.. "why would anyone buy a condo?"

i still got a few years to order another truck myself. most likely a glider. i really really like the midroof (if i went with another fl). i actually think the midroof has more storage then a condo. but, for me running a team is not 100% out. curious though, whats the weight of that truck? IF i ever did a midroof i'm wondering if it'll be the same as a condo but with 150 tanks.

Copperhead 01-16-2013 06:30 AM

Weight is roughly 18K with full fuel tanks. Can't remember exact weight. I know I can load 48K in a van trailer before worrying about being over. This one has 100 gal tanks. Had 150's on my last truck and found I really didn't need them. 100's have worked fine for what I do.

firebird_1252 01-17-2013 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Copperhead (Post 522592)
Weight is roughly 18K with full fuel tanks. Can't remember exact weight. I know I can load 48K in a van trailer before worrying about being over. This one has 100 gal tanks. Had 150's on my last truck and found I really didn't need them. 100's have worked fine for what I do.

i cant load more then 45600. but i got 125's (fuel) and a cat.

hambone79 01-29-2013 01:38 AM

Can anyone change the pics where I can see them? I am on a mac laptop and the pics will not show up for me. Been following this for a while, so it would be nice to see the truck! Thanks!

Copperhead 01-30-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hambone79 (Post 523149)
Can anyone change the pics where I can see them? I am on a mac laptop and the pics will not show up for me. Been following this for a while, so it would be nice to see the truck! Thanks!

Not your Mac that is the problem, I posted those pics with my Mac laptop. Somehow, they are not showing up on the thread now. Just tried to get them to show for me also. They are standard JPG files, so the platform you are using has nothing to do with it.