Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   I'm Tired of the Shear Number of Trucks Tailgating!!! It is a SLOPPY Driving Habit!!! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/41745-im-tired-shear-number-trucks-tailgating-sloppy-driving-habit.html)

xcarsalesman 08-30-2011 03:21 AM

I've always thought tailgaters , have magic brakes. I hate tailgaters espescially in a big truck...

scythe08 08-30-2011 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One (Post 502365)
oh hell the standard smith system repetoire...joy! It is not hard to slow down, u did not listen, i just advocated that a driver should slow down to motivate the tailgater to overtake didnt i? My problem with the smith system is that it may reduce your direct exposure to hazards in most cases but it does not care what is happening behind the driver. we both know that when a vehicle is driving slower than other vehicles around that the danger level behind the driver is massively elevated. People think that if they drive in the middle lane at posted speed limit they are good responsible drivers but those same drivers tend to get disconnected from their surroundings and not know whats going on behind. Couple that with a lack of no passing on right and slower traffic keep right laws and u get vehicles behind doing crazy maneuvers..so has the danger level decreased or increased? And dont worry i have seen plenty of blood and guts to last a lifetime, im a safety hawk, but i do not agree with all aspects of the smith system for the reasons i listed. Plus evidently the smith system was concieved to limit LIABILITY not reduce highway deaths, so STFU.

If you are really concerned with SAFETY, then lobby for EVERYONE to sit through one of ur classes, as a prerequisite to renewing their license or obtaining a new one. Go teach kids what can happen when they cut a truck off carrying 48000lbs of highly flammable liquid while passing a truck carrying 10000lbs of radioactive material kept cool by 10000lbs of dry ice. U prolly never even thought of that just like the oblivious motoring public.

I have someone like you in almost every single class I have taught! I am not going to waste time arguing semantics with you on an Internet Forum.. Nothing I will ever say to you or will ever teach you will be good enough or Correct to YOUR way of thinking.
Oh and reread my previous post. I wasn't' attacking you. I was obviously trying very hard to be polite and non-combative. I hope your driving is better than your maturity.

BanditsCousin 08-30-2011 09:11 PM

Only owner operators get tailgated. That's why this is posted here lmao.

Orangetxguy 08-30-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanditsCousin (Post 502420)
Only owner operators get tailgated. That's why this is posted here lmao.

:rofl: :rofl:

:deal:

:argue: :ranting: :banghead:

:moon:

That about covers everything.

BanditsCousin 08-31-2011 12:39 AM

Pretty much, Orange :)

If you're an O/O, please post about how you iron your clothes, your experience at Pizza Hut, or maybe a poll if Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse is better. Simply because you're an O/O and you are entitled to ignore the many, many other (appropriate) areas of these forums....

Orangetxguy 08-31-2011 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BanditsCousin (Post 502427)
Pretty much, Orange :)

If you're an O/O, please post about how you iron your clothes, your experience at Pizza Hut, or maybe a poll if Mickey Mouse or Minnie Mouse is better. Simply because you're an O/O and you are entitled to ignore the many, many other (appropriate) areas of these forums....

:lol: I use that iron thingy wisely. It holds down paperwork!! :thumbsup:

:confused: Pizza Hut?? Domino's delivers!! :cool:

:roll3: Mickey.....Minnie......their mice...where's the cheese for the trap?? :smokin:

Copperhead 09-02-2011 01:33 AM

I gave up years ago worrying about tail gaiters. Never have been hit by one in almost 30 years in this game. A few might have had to change their drawers after a close call, but no skin off my nose. I only worry about myself and my following distance. If someone "eats it" following me too close, they have 65ft of trailer, freight, and tractor chassis to get to me, but they only have 7 ft of hood to get to them. And it will be their preventable accident, not mine.

Sure, it is a little uncomfortable with them so close, but I will lose no sleep if their teeth make an impression on my trailer doors. And if it flames their truck, I will still be able to walk away from mine. I would only lose any sleep over an injury or fatality that was caused by my foolishness. I will not feel responsible for the foolishness of someone else. I will feel bad fir their loved ones, but will not have any remorse that a brain dead driver just ate my trailer.

Just chalk it up as another entry into the Darwin Awards. One more idiot has just been removed from the gene pool and we will all be better off.

Fredog 09-02-2011 03:08 AM

the last truck that tailgated me caused $10,000 worth of damage to my truck when traffic stopped and he shoved me into the truck in front of me, we were stopped, he was still going about 60 and holding the phone to his ear

One 09-02-2011 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scythe08 (Post 502407)
I have someone like you in almost every single class I have taught! I am not going to waste time arguing semantics with you on an Internet Forum.. Nothing I will ever say to you or will ever teach you will be good enough or Correct to YOUR way of thinking.
Oh and reread my previous post. I wasn't' attacking you. I was obviously trying very hard to be polite and non-combative. I hope your driving is better than your maturity.

go sell your wares elsewhere. you dont even read u just paste your advertizing. I could teach a class about nuclear science after a few hours of intruction too, doesnt mean i know what im talking about. If you dnt want to discuss things...do not come on an internet DISCUSSION forum. But i guess you re not here to discuss, just spam.