Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Visor noise in KW T660 (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/41255-visor-noise-kw-t660.html)

tazgunny 05-14-2011 03:56 PM

Visor noise in KW T660

Anyone know of a fix for the extremely loud wind whisle noise you get w/ the new Kenworth T660. The other day it was so loud in a cross wind I didn't hear a med unit next to me. Thanks Chris

Chunker 05-14-2011 05:19 PM

Hey, I just got a KW T660 last week too. It has that same wind noise. It was so loud in Wyoming, that I had to crank up the stereo to block it out. I am at home for a couple days and will look closer to see what it might be. I'll let you know if I find out what it is.

Orangetxguy 05-14-2011 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tazgunny (Post 497670)
Anyone know of a fix for the extremely loud wind whisle noise you get w/ the new Kenworth T660. The other day it was so loud in a cross wind I didn't hear a med unit next to me. Thanks Chris

You need to have the windshield seal checked. If you use a water hose and spray up along the top of the seal, you can find out if the seal is bad quick and cheap.

Chunker 05-15-2011 04:06 PM

I had another company driver tell me the same thing about the window seal.

Orangetxguy 05-15-2011 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunker (Post 497712)
I had another company driver tell me the same thing about the window seal.

Over the years, bad windshield seals have been an issue from PACCAR...Pete's or KW's. A full stream from a garden hose shows where the seal is bad.

truckdriver_mn 05-17-2011 02:05 AM

Mine makes the same noise. (its a 08) But I can only hear it with the windows open... I just had my seal replaced it leaked like crazy and if I was sitting and it was raining it would pool up in the upper dash till i moved. Then it was a waterfall all over my dash, radio switches/gauges.... The windshield seal shrunk causing the water to drip down the inside of the windshield. And it was a mix of the factory xm ant and the visor lights grommet leaking in the roof.

But for the life of me i cant figure out the wind whistle.

wreckman495 02-14-2013 12:09 AM

What is happening through a lot of testing I found is the air ( headwind) is going across the top of the hood and the little gaps at the bottom of the windshield at the wiper arm cutouts trap air and the air runs up the void under the seal and blows out the top corners of the seal. If anyone has a gazoo noise at the windshield area, just start at the wiper arm cutouts at the bottom of the windshield and take a tube of silicone, lift the seal up a little bit and fill the void under the seal and fill it all the way up to the top corners of the windshield. The vendor who made the seal for KW made it to flexible and they are working to correct it. I have corrected this problem on hundreds of the T800, T660, and on the W900. Believe me, I have driven trucks to make this start doing this and found going west bound and hitting enough headwind will start it, I was bound and determined to find out why till I found it through compressed air blowing at diffrerant areas around the seal and made it do the same.