Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Quality Carriers going to EOBR!!! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/40955-quality-carriers-going-eobr.html)

Steel Horse Cowboy 02-21-2011 10:50 PM

Quality Carriers going to EOBR!!!

So I was just informed today that QC is going to EOBR in May. I am not very pleased with this, but it really doesn't affect me since I only drive 10hrs each day. I just don't like the idea of them charging us a 1 time fee for the install, then $14 a month for the service since they are requiring it. I love my run, and the money I make, but this may be a line I won't cross

Mackman 02-22-2011 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steel Horse Cowboy (Post 494107)
So I was just informed today that QC is going to EOBR in May. I am not very pleased with this, but it really doesn't affect me since I only drive 10hrs each day. I just don't like the idea of them charging us a 1 time fee for the install, then $14 a month for the service since they are requiring it. I love my run, and the money I make, but this may be a line I won't cross

That is some BS they are making you have it and then charging you for it. Thank god i run under my own authority.

Steel Horse Cowboy 02-22-2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mackman (Post 494110)
That is some BS they are making you have it and then charging you for it. Thank god i run under my own authority.

Yep, $13 a week for the XATA/Turnpike Electronic On-Board Recorder

no_worries 02-22-2011 05:05 PM

How much is the upfront cost?

Steel Horse Cowboy 02-22-2011 07:21 PM

I have to pay $200 for the blackberry. The system is all on the blackberry edge system including the electronic logging. Not sure how it hooks up into the truck but I'm guessing it will have a harness wired in somehow?

no_worries 02-22-2011 08:19 PM

So they don't make you pay for any of the stuff that has to get wired into your truck? That's pretty cool that it's done through a Blackberry. Nice not having a console of some sort cluttering up the cab.

Fredog 02-28-2011 12:40 AM

it's because they are deficient in several areas even though they have a safety director who knows EVERYTHING ( good job Sue)

Maniac 03-24-2011 01:48 PM

14 QC driver/owners applied at Dana transport in NJ alone last week......!

Steel Horse Cowboy 03-25-2011 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maniac (Post 495855)
14 QC driver/owners applied at Dana transport in NJ alone last week......!

I haven't had to run anything else here hut my dedicated lane so I have no idea how they work the rest of the system. I did get to see the new eobr they are going to use and it plugs into the cpu diag port on the truck and works thru Bluetooth to the blackberrys they provide. It has a diagnostics program for check engine codes and gives engine parameters too such as mpg and current rpm. It won't affect me doing my run, and they are waving the cost since my contract never stated me having to have a eobr.