Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Posting for your info (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/40816-posting-your-info.html)

Luzon 01-17-2011 01:50 PM

Posting for your info

Not sure if anyone here would be interested in this but it looked pretty intriguing to me - but not an o/o myself. Found this listed on the Tampa Craigslist site.

$ OWNER OPERATORS TO START IMMEDIATELY $ ...... $1,000 SIGN ON BONUS
************************************************** **********************************
Transportation Company looking for owner operators to pull dry vans (53 ft). The freight is no touch. Run as much as you want, with plenty of home time. Have your pick:
1. 8 Days out, 3 Days home
OR
2. 6 Days out, 2 Days home

In need of trucks that run as far west as Texas. We are based in 3 states which include Florida, Georgia, and Missouri. Quick hire, 1 day orientation in our corporate office in Tampa.

*We pay for your fuel to come to orientation at a rate of 9 miles per gallon according to our miles and will be added to your first settlement.

MUST HAVE YOUR OWN TAG, “WE DO NOT FURNISH TAGS”

Pay Rate: (Miles are figured by company computer program)
$1.00 Empty after the first 50 miles
$1.40 Loaded
Our Deadhead average is less than 10 %

Zone 1 – North Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas, Missouri, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida.
Zone 2- Oklahoma, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin, Kentucky, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, and Minnesota.
Zone 3- Virginia, Northeast Coast

Requirements:
• MUST HAVE YOUR OWN APPORTIONED TAG
• 2 YEARS OR MORE VERIFIABLE OTR EXPERIENCE
• MUST PASS ALL DOT REQUIREMENTS
• CLASS A CDL DRIVERS LICENSE
• MUST BE ABLE TO PASS A DRUG TEST/ OWNER OPERATORS RESPONSIBLE FOR PAYMENT
• HAVE FUEL FOR YOUR FIRST TRIP

*Fuel Advance furnished at 5 MPG loaded miles. We have cargo, liability, and trailer rental.
* MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR LOADS 90% OF THE TIME

Call Glenda @ (813) 621-2500 NOW for more information on this great opportunity with a rapidly growing company!

$$$$ OWNER OPERATORS WITH THEIR OWN AUTHORITY, INSURANCE, AND TRAILER…. WE OFFER A UNIQUE PROGRAM FOR YOU. $$$$

Mackman 01-17-2011 02:39 PM

It may just be me but that dont sound to great/

solo379 01-17-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luzon (Post 492409)
but it looked pretty intriguing to me

Well, not for me. First of all i don't like anybody to tell me when, and how i suppose to work, or sit home. Second the pay is not so great even if they pay a practical miles,(which i doubt), also i believe they have mentioned "trailer rentals"...So all in all you'll be lucky to make around $1.20 for all hub miles, which is livable, but nothing to brag about IMHO.

Luzon 01-17-2011 10:11 PM

Yea. Wasn't exactly sure if that was a good gig or not. I have zero experience as an O/O but thought I'd just put it up so anyone with any interest could check it out on their own. If I ever decide to go the O/O route I'll come here for advice. :)

Heavy Duty 01-17-2011 11:48 PM

That could get them in trouble with the IRS.

rank 01-19-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavy Duty (Post 492441)

That could get them in trouble with the IRS.

the IRS....how?

solo379 01-20-2011 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rank (Post 492486)
the IRS....how?

Not sure exactly, how this works, it's kinda a grey area, but in an order to classified as independent contractor, you must meet a certain criteria, right to work, or not to work at will, i believe is one of it. Fed ex has that problem lately....

Heavy Duty 01-20-2011 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rank (Post 492486)
the IRS....how?

You can't force contractors to work, they become a employee, then they owe half of your SS or self employment tax.