Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   michelin tires (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/40140-michelin-tires.html)

heavyhaulerss 07-15-2010 11:17 AM

michelin tires

any one reccomend michelin tires? I have never used them. I had the chance to buy 4 yesterday. they were 11r 22.5 xze I got them for $200.00 each. new virgin tires. one of the shp mgrs at mgriff tire called me with the offer.he told me they usually go for close to $ 500.00 each. the tires were never mounted. he said a customer had owed them a big bill & could not pay it so the customer brought everything from his shop to settle some of his debt & mgriff could not sell as new. I grabbed them. I usually pay $ 300.00 a piece for dynatrac or other china made for my trailer.I will need tires for my trailer in a couple months. I can't find info on this type tire on the net, are they all position, steer or drive? I was in a hurry when I picked them up I did'nt even ask, was on a load & just threw then on the back of trailer & strapped down & took off.

classictruckman 07-16-2010 12:25 AM

Yeah Michelin tires at that price, I'd grab them and run too.

classictruckman 07-16-2010 12:33 AM

According to Michelin they are: A premium all-position radial with extra-wide, extra-deep tread designed to help deliver our best wear in high scrub applications.

You can see them here:

Michelin Americas Truck Tires XZE * Page

heavyhaulerss 07-16-2010 02:08 AM

thank's for that link. that is the the tire I have.

heavyhaulerss 07-16-2010 02:11 AM

I aslo got a brand new 22.2 steel rim, for $50.00 the only thing is it is shiny black, & my other rims are white, but because of the price I bought it. though from a different location.

YerDaddy 07-16-2010 03:00 PM

Check the date code on them. Might be a few years old.

I'll buy them from ya for $250 each!

XZEs are for spread axle setup but work in any position.

GMAN 07-17-2010 12:18 PM

I looked at some Michelin tires the other day and was told that they are getting 400,000-500,000 miles on them. I am not sure that I believe them, but even with the extra miles I would not pay $500 for them when I can get tires for about half that amount.

Fredog 07-17-2010 12:58 PM

I have Michelin steer tires, 167,000 miles and about 1/4 worn, I would rather pay more now and get double or triple the service than pay less more often

specialkay 07-17-2010 02:18 PM

Good tires, I run them as steer tires. Good ride with no irregular wear. Tried cheaper tires and came back to michelin.

heavyhaulerss 07-17-2010 04:42 PM

thanks for thre input. it is not often I can run into good deals. especially this good. these tires are a lot wider & have more rubber than my dynatrac's. the cheap tires put on my spread seem to do me well for their application. steers are different. I do go with quality on steers. deciding if I should use these michelin on my spread axle trailer where I will be needing them real soon or keep them for steers or dives when I will need them in a year or so. I guess I will just use them where & when I need them.