Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Posable companies to lease with (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/39805-posable-companies-lease.html)

geeshock 04-11-2010 02:51 PM

Posable companies to lease with

hey there, I am reaching the 3 year mark for my DOT reportable and there is a posability for me to lease my bosses truck onto another company. Do any of the owner operators have any sugestions. She doesn't have any requierments except that the company will take the truck and that the truck makes money.

I'm looking for eather a dry van or container company, looking for regional or OTR, would like to get with a company that has a base plate program, bobtail colision and liability and pay decent, I'd say where the loads cover close to a dollor per mile and up for normal loads and I'd say at least 1.50 per mile for hazmat loads and around 19% fsc. Even if you have some companies that pay a little lower I'd love to hear about them.

Not 100% sure about the specs on the truck but this is what I do know. truck is 220+ wheelbase. 1998 frieghtliner convetional w/ sleeper, fixed fith wheel, 80 gallon fueltanks. Any possable companies you all know of?

geeshock 04-11-2010 02:58 PM

ok, and she is based out of norfolk. lol that might make a diference as well

Justruckin 04-11-2010 02:59 PM

I would check the container movers out, you are near the water. Up here they pay .90 with no fsc.

And that truck will limit you with the small tanks and fixed fifth wheel. Sounds like a good short haul unit, perfect for container yards.

geeshock 04-11-2010 06:43 PM

I was thinking the same as far as the limits but you never know till you ask. I found a place that pays .95+ and 19% fsc but was wondering what other choices I had. The small tanks give me a full days running with no problem so I suspect that part is doable but I know most companies prefer that slideing fith wheel. If worse comes to worse, come june I'll be looking to going back OTR company driver.

Hawkjr 04-11-2010 07:35 PM

Hey Try Old Dominion out of Norfolk.. i hear their Can business isn't as bad as the rest..

geeshock 04-11-2010 08:10 PM

sounds good, didn't know OD did cans

solo379 04-11-2010 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeshock (Post 478634)
sounds good, didn't know OD did cans

I didn't know, they signed O/O... Anyway, pulling that crap for 90cpm is not worth it. Besides being new, you'll get the worst of it. Just an opinion....

geeshock 04-17-2010 06:11 AM

to some extent I agree, unfortunately, as one that's been off the road for a while, this is the only way I could get my foot in the door, besides that, while frieght is slow, they can name the price. As someone else posted, they are getting 60 cpm with NO fsc. I hope one day that we can see rates again but for now, I need to get the wheels turning again, even if it's at a lower rate.

Orangetxguy 04-17-2010 11:46 AM

I dunno man. Why are you, as the driver, the one here..or anywhere......asking these questions? Why isn't the owner of the truck interested enough to be asking the questions?

You act unconcerned as to the "rate" the truck receives initially. You should be. Very concerned.

The rate to the truck must be high enough to pay the expenses of the truck.

YOUR WAGES are one of those expenses. Your wages pay for the comforts of YOUR life.

The rest of the rate to the truck, pay's for repairs of the truck, insurances and taxes owed by the truck, plus the truck needs to earn enough to pay for it's own replacement, as well as pay a dividend to the owner.

Until the owner of the truck is interested enough to negotiate for an adequate "rate", that truck is just one more "Jippo" out there, lowering the over-all rates to the other trucks.

Those are hard words. But they are the truth.

geeshock 04-17-2010 02:27 PM

if someone has specific advice? She buys cheep trucks and her hubby works on them. I have no problem dealing with, and have even thought about the fact that the rates need to go up. Of course, when you have spent over 6 mos this year put of work, priority 1 is to get back on the road. this 95 cpm and 19% fsc was her idea. If someone has some good advice and not the typical, B**ch but not give a solution or direction to go idea, I'm all ears.