Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   CSA 2010: It's not coming, it's HERE! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/39723-csa-2010-its-not-coming-its-here.html)

mike3fan 03-24-2010 12:03 AM

CSA 2010: It's not coming, it's HERE!

Today at least 6 of our drivers were fired for CSA infractions. Including O/O's who had their leases terminated on the spot far away from home terminals.

Time to get your ducks in a row if you haven't already.

Windwalker 03-24-2010 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike3fan (Post 477360)
Today at least 6 of our drivers were fired for CSA infractions. Including O/O's who had their leases terminated on the spot far away from home terminals.

The company I retired from let go an O/O because of infractions back in January. Even if it isn't supposed to be in effect yet, they're getting all the mechanisms in place and operational. When the moment arrives, they can simply say, "IT'S UP AND RUNNING". And, expect the companies to clean house before the moment arrives.

Orangetxguy 03-24-2010 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike3fan (Post 477360)

Hmmmmm. Maybe rates will start to go up??

NAAAAAAAAAAAAAA. Who is I kidding!

allan5oh 03-24-2010 03:24 AM

CSA 2010 certainly isn't here, but carriers fully understand the mechanisms behind it and are doing a pre-emptive strike.

zipy46 03-24-2010 05:18 AM

Yeah...our boss here said the shizite is going to hit the fan here in July.

What infractions were they wacked for where you guys work??

allan5oh 03-24-2010 05:34 AM

I saw a "sample" CSA carrier score, and it was interesting because they could sort their drivers records and it would rank worst to best. Do try to stay off the top of the list yes?

mike3fan 03-24-2010 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allan5oh (Post 477373)
CSA 2010 certainly isn't here.

In NJ it certainaly is.

allan5oh 03-24-2010 06:08 AM

On the scale side yes it is, but not on the carrier side. Some states have pilot programs that are not finalized. You can go into a scale and ask to see your driver profile. However the FMCSA/DOT does not do interventions based on CSA2010 pilot programs. That will happen when the full program ramps up.

mike3fan 03-24-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allan5oh (Post 477377)
On the scale side yes it is, but not on the carrier side. Some states have pilot programs that are not finalized. You can go into a scale and ask to see your driver profile. However the FMCSA/DOT does not do interventions based on CSA2010 pilot programs. That will happen when the full program ramps up.

When a company can pull your or get a copy of your CSA report and terminate your lease because of the points on it I consider that in operation.

RostyC 03-24-2010 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike3fan (Post 477389)
When a company can pull your or get a copy of your CSA report and terminate your lease because of the points on it I consider that in operation.

Did these guys have their own plates at least? I understand companies cleaning up but damn, don't leave people stranded.

(btw Mike, does the dog have a name so I can cheer him to the other side of the screen?)