Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   OOIDA Business Seminar (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/39132-ooida-business-seminar.html)

UFO Driver 11-29-2009 05:55 PM

OOIDA Business Seminar

Has anyone taken the OOIDA Business Seminar and if so was it worthwhile?

BigDiesel 11-30-2009 03:01 AM

OOIDA is a joke...

solo379 11-30-2009 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel (Post 469121)
OOIDA is a joke...

You have a better alternative? I didn't think so.....
Can't say nothing, about that Seminar tho, never attended it. But it definitely wouldn't hurt, especially, if you are new in this business.

Fratsit 11-30-2009 11:15 AM

I went this past October. You have a PM.

R/

Frat

BigDiesel 11-30-2009 07:23 PM

Ooida is nothing more than an overpriced insurance agency that hides behind a non-profit association front. It also a leader that lines his pockets with the members/sheeples hard earned money... :thumbsup:

henboy1 11-30-2009 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel (Post 469187)
Ooida is nothing more than an overpriced insurance agency that hides behind a non-profit association front. It also a leader that lines his pockets with the members/sheeples hard earned money... :thumbsup:

Amen on the insurance part.I will also add the drug consortium part.My insurance agent also dooged them out for the policies that they write.Why go with OOIDA insurance when they are not among ambest 1-3 rating when it comes to insurance ratings.I am not renewing next yr.

GMAN 12-02-2009 11:27 PM

I have no idea how good their seminar is, but I have found the people at OOIDA to be knowledgeable and helpful. There liability and cargo insurance is a little high compared to what I have found elsewhere, but their accident policy for owner operators is competitive. I have not had to buy bobtail insurance in some time but I believe their rates are in the ball park with that offered by some carriers. The main disadvantage to their motor carrier insurance is that it isn't accepted by all brokers. I know some who have their authority who have used them for years and apparently it hasn't impacted their business to any significant degree. They make it easy since you don't have to pay a big down payment each year as you do with most insurance companies. You just pay a monthly premium.

ironeagle_2006 12-08-2009 09:47 PM

I am sorry GMAN but this New guy is asking ALOT of good questions his linky no worky however with 2 mins I was using his data since your MC and DOT number was in there found this.

So are you going to answer the Question.

GMAN 12-08-2009 10:04 PM

I see no need to answer his question, ironeagle. He registered on this site to deliberately attempt to cause problems. I don't have the time or desire to play games with him. My guess is that it is Steve or one of his minions.

GMAN 12-08-2009 10:31 PM

You are a troll. You came on this board to create havoc. I don't understand why you would ask me something if you have a friend who has a fleet of trucks owned by his father. Since you want to post information on others you should post your friends information. Go ahead....I am sure he won't mind since he is such a successful owner. You know little if anything about me or my business. One thing that I have found over the years is when someone tries to make others look bad they have something to hide themselves. They try to focus attention on someone other than themselves so that people won't notice their short comings. Go troll somewhere else.