Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Anyone know of a company in the tri-state area (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/37697-anyone-know-company-tri-state-area.html)

Ron63 04-21-2009 10:37 PM

Anyone know of a company in the tri-state area

the owner operator of the truck i drive is looking for a company to sign on with,that would pay on the average a dollar a mile on the weekly settlement. We are pulling the truck from one company because this is not the scenario at the present time. Is this a reality,if so can anyone point us in the right direction as far as a company name in the MIchigan,Ohio,Indiana area?

Thanks 2 all of you who respond
Ron63

BanditsCousin 04-21-2009 11:58 PM

I think the company Tri State Expedited that is out of Michigan might work. They have a website you can check out. Might be more than a buck a mile, but less miles. I'm not sure of that though. Also, not sure if they would keep you regional.

Tri State Expedited

HTH

GMAN 04-22-2009 01:47 AM

There is a Tri-State Expedited out of Toledo, OH (I believe). They mostly run the rust belt and southern Canada, or did at one time. I think he will have a difficult time surviving on a dollar a mile, especially paying a driver. Is he wanting to pull expedited freight? There are a number of carriers in that area. If he only wants to run for a dollar a mile he could probably do that with Schneider, JB Hunt or any of the other mileage carriers if you consider the fsc. Some of them may have regional opportunities. There are a number of smaller carriers who run in that area.

GMAN 04-22-2009 02:58 AM

We haven't seen much of you lately, BanditsCousin. Where have you been keeping yourself?

BanditsCousin 04-22-2009 04:03 AM

I've been running kinda hard the past few weeks. On the contrary, I spent a lot of time at home. In either scenario, I don't have time to get on as much as I'd like. When you see me post frequently, I'm running at a normal pace. I ran a little too hard last year and am not trying to duplicate it this year. I'm in Vegas for the next few days doing "local" work and loading and unloading. The next trip has 10 stops and an additional pickup, for a grand total of 11.

I realized we posted about the same company in posts #2 and #3. But you would be correct, as TriState Exp is out of Ohio, not Michigan :)

GMAN 04-22-2009 01:49 PM

A friend of mine plans to go to Vegas to a bike show. I am glad that you can find something to keep you busy. Did you go back to HHG?

BanditsCousin 04-22-2009 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMAN (Post 447421)
A friend of mine plans to go to Vegas to a bike show. I am glad that you can find something to keep you busy. Did you go back to HHG?

Nope, still doing tradeshow and cancer machines. Last year comprised of 2 trips out west doing HHG for my former agent, and 3 trips of HHG with my current agent. (1 from the east coast to Canada paying 17-19K TTT) then deadheading out of Vancouver to Seatle for an 18,000lb load going withing 50 miles of my agent, and 1 trip out of the midwest going to Denver where I resumed my speccom responsibilities).
I started my new agent in mar '08. I can honestly say I got extremely lucky getting on where I did. I was in a pool of applicants and some factors that lead to my hiring was my current UVL qualification, tractor size/weight and the fact I followed through and had to actually FLY out for an interview after 2 months of phone interviews (for an o/o slot/contract keep in mind).

GMAN 04-22-2009 11:20 PM

It sounds like you found a pretty good deal, BanditsCousin.

BanditsCousin 04-23-2009 01:42 AM

It isn't too bad. I get paid for a lot of things like liftgate use, show fees, waiting time, and local work at a very good rate (when 95% of the time the truck isn't even running). I rolled the dice on this gig, as I almost went to work one of th major enclosed car carriers after retiring from HHG exclusively.

GMAN 04-23-2009 02:15 AM

I am glad that you found something you enjoy doing that you can make a decent income, BanditsCousin. I have a friend who tried the trade show gig at one of the van lines. I don't recall which one. He didn't do well and quit after a short time. I think it had more to do with the agent for whom it ran. He also didn't like to sit much. Doing those trade shows he had to do a lot of sitting.