Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Unemployed! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/37191-unemployed.html)

lowrange 02-20-2009 01:35 PM

Unemployed!

:bigcry:

Windwalker 02-20-2009 01:40 PM

When, where, and for how long? Sorry to hear it. From what I see on the news, you've got a lot of company, and for all I know, I could be joining you before long. Sort of looking into my options with retirement. Hadn't planned on doing that early, but it might happen.

Orangetxguy 02-20-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowrange (Post 439602)
:bigcry:

Whats the deal??

lowrange 02-20-2009 01:48 PM

Remember I said that under my current contract when I leave the house I get paid? Well, I guess QC shut down it's mileage pay division this week. There will be some percentage guys happy to hear it, they knew we were taking good freight from them. Here at the Sulphur terminal, I guess some guys transferred from mileage to percentage- today I was told termination, no such offer came.

Let me try this, first time, "Welcome to Walmart, we've got all kinds of neat **** for you to buy." What do you think, guys? Can I do it?

asdfghjkl 02-20-2009 02:07 PM

I prefer "would you like to supersize that"

Orangetxguy 02-20-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowrange (Post 439606)
Remember I said that under my current contract when I leave the house I get paid? Well, I guess QC shut down it's mileage pay division this week. There will be some percentage guys happy to hear it, they knew we were taking good freight from them. Here at the Sulphur terminal, I guess some guys transferred from mileage to percentage- today I was told termination, no such offer came.

Let me try this, first time, "Welcome to Walmart, we've got all kinds of neat **** for you to buy." What do you think, guys? Can I do it?

Your down in Sulphur LA and they cancelled your lease??

Better go into the office...see if the Meir's have an open spot on their board. Most of the Sulphur area customers have always been theirs...not Quality Carriers.

Windwalker 02-20-2009 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lowrange (Post 439606)

You can do it... If Wal-Mart will give you that chance. I've been hearing that they are not hiring, at least not in FL. Hope it's different in your area.

lowrange 02-20-2009 02:14 PM

Maybe, I'm concerned about that, though.

Customer: I'd like a double quarter pounder meal, please. Go large.

Lowrange: Huh...?

Customer: I said, I'd like a double quarter pounder meal, please. The big size.

Lowrange: You want a double quarter pounder meal?

Customer: Yes, large size, please.

Lowrange: Fat thing like you? You don't need no double quarter pounder meal and you definitely don't need no large size. Why don't you get yourself a salad. Damn, you must weigh 300 lbs! You're going to have a heart attack.

Manager: Lowrange, go put some fries in the fryer.

lowrange 02-20-2009 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy (Post 439613)
Your down in Sulphur LA and they cancelled your lease??

Better go into the office...see if the Meir's have an open spot on their board. Most of the Sulphur area customers have always been theirs...not Quality Carriers.

I'm assuming that's the affiliate owner. Anyway, I was in the office and the guy told me they took on the 525 transfers earlier in the week.

Something may come up. Right now, they are shutting down the 'division'. It sounds like my dispatcher isn't too sure about his own future. I'm also thinking about untangling all these financial matters. Will I actually see the pay for these last couple of loads? When will they shut my fuel card off? They want my equipment back, but what about the money they've been taking out of my checks? What about my escrow? I've got a $400 blackberry not worth anything now.

I don't know, OTG. I was pleasantly surprised to get ANY work after Christmas. I'd like to stay on with QC, but whatever the case, I'm just going to roll with it and be flexible. There's more coming, for all of us, not just me. The house and the truck are paid for, I have no children. I'm happy to be me right now.

lowrange 02-20-2009 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Windwalker (Post 439614)
You can do it... If Wal-Mart will give you that chance. I've been hearing that they are not hiring, at least not in FL. Hope it's different in your area.

Really!? Wal-Mart and McDonalds stock have been going up. If I had some money, I'd think about Dollar General stock.

With the end of the American middle class, the rich will make their money selling things that poor people buy....OUCH!...I'm not entirely kidding, though.