Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Free dinner at flying J! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/36512-free-dinner-flying-j.html)

allan5oh 12-19-2008 12:08 AM

Free dinner at flying J!

Volvo buying Christmas Eve dinners - eTrucker

Volvo buying Christmas Eve dinners

By eTrucker Staff

The trucking industry operates 24/7, 365 days a year, delivering to hospitals and other essential services. This means some drivers end up on the road over the holidays, rather than being with their families. Volvo Trucks North America salutes these drivers and will show its appreciation by providing them a free holiday dinner on Christmas Eve.

All a driver needs to do is to stop at any of 163 participating Flying J travel plazas in the United States and Canada between 5 and 7 p.m. on Dec. 24. They will receive a free turkey buffet dinner and beverage simply by showing their commercial driver's license.

"Truck drivers deserve our thanks," says Scott Kress, Volvo Trucks senior vice president of sales and marketing. "They really are unsung heroes, and they are also our customers. So in this holiday season, with economic hardship affecting so many, Volvo Trucks wants to recognize truckers working on Christmas Eve. With our partners, Michelin and Flying J, we are giving away a hot turkey dinner to any driver on the job at a time when most of us are lucky enough to be with our families."

mike3fan 12-19-2008 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allan5oh (Post 429481)
Volvo buying Christmas Eve dinners - eTrucker

Volvo buying Christmas Eve dinners

By eTrucker Staff

The trucking industry operates 24/7, 365 days a year, delivering to hospitals and other essential services. This means some drivers end up on the road over the holidays, rather than being with their families. Volvo Trucks North America salutes these drivers and will show its appreciation by providing them a free holiday dinner on Christmas Eve.

All a driver needs to do is to stop at any of 163 participating Flying J travel plazas in the United States and Canada between 5 and 7 p.m. on Dec. 24. They will receive a free turkey buffet dinner and beverage simply by showing their commercial driver's license.

"Truck drivers deserve our thanks," says Scott Kress, Volvo Trucks senior vice president of sales and marketing. "They really are unsung heroes, and they are also our customers. So in this holiday season, with economic hardship affecting so many, Volvo Trucks wants to recognize truckers working on Christmas Eve. With our partners, Michelin and Flying J, we are giving away a hot turkey dinner to any driver on the job at a time when most of us are lucky enough to be with our families."

nice job by them.

BigDiesel 12-19-2008 12:46 AM

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/f...el17/vomit.jpg

Orangetxguy 12-19-2008 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel (Post 429491)

+1

(it's gonna be fake turkey anyway)

lowrange 12-19-2008 01:25 AM

You guys are mean. Flying J buffets are great and Volvo deserves to be thanked.

I'll be home (I think), but if I wasn't, I'd be th'owin' down on that buffet! ;)

Mike Hunt 12-19-2008 03:54 AM

How hard-up do ya gotta be to park in a Flying Hook on Xmas eve? I mean that's just sad. Xmas is for friends and families and opening presents and sneaking a kiss under the miseltoe. Not for being all alone in a truckstop watching Matlock re-runs in the driver's lounge.

TRUCKING IS THE REAL GRINCH THAT STOLE XMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

mike3fan 12-19-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Hunt (Post 429525)
How hard-up do ya gotta be to park in a Flying Hook on Xmas eve? I mean that's just sad. Xmas is for friends and families and opening presents and sneaking a kiss under the miseltoe. Not for being all alone in a truckstop watching Matlock re-runs in the driver's lounge.

TRUCKING IS THE REAL GRINCH THAT STOLE XMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

tired and worn out.

Don't you have a transformers message board that you have to get back too?

asdfghjkl 12-19-2008 12:58 PM

They offer the free dinner to make sure that enough people use the restrooms. Otherwise they wouldn't have any food for the breakfast buffet the following morning.

Malaki86 12-19-2008 03:47 PM

And a whopping 2 hour window to get at that great food.

Walking Eagle 12-22-2008 12:47 AM

People actualy eat Flying J buffet ??