Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   I knew it, I freaking knew it! (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/36452-i-knew-i-freaking-knew.html)

Jumbo 12-14-2008 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RostyC (Post 428863)
I carry ratchet straps but I don't like them as much so I try to avoid using them, guess I better get used to them.

I have found it better if you have any doubt about securment to just redo it. Yeah i have the strap across and tight in the winch but I dont like it. I just redo it.

rank 12-15-2008 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RostyC (Post 428628)
Anyone else wanna belly up to the "I knew it bar" and have a drink?

Is that all you got?

Pulled the new RGN trailer into the shop for the first time with a load on it. Straps are hooked under the bottom rail. One of the straps catches the edge of the concrete floor slab on the way in and rips the strap in two.

Potential new driver goes for a road test and one of the brake drums on the trailer is frozen and not rolling. Dragged a brand new set of tires 5 miles. They're not new anymore.

4 wheeler merging into traffic tries to beat driver but doesn't quite make it.

That's two weeks.

allan5oh 12-15-2008 03:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marylandkw (Post 428668)
Had to get the hook to drag me to a shop and replaced most of the air system before figuring out my air dryer had gone kaput and needed replacement. Had I just gone to my shop I would have spent about $450 but instead because I was stubborn, $1650. And I still have the load on because my customer closed early. So now I will have the 50 mile load on for 200 miles or so and will drop it off first thing Monday. O happy day!

ALWAYS keep a spare purge valve with you, they're very cheap and quite easy to change!

Orangetxguy 12-15-2008 06:13 AM

Well......I bet if you could get ahold of this here driver, he would tell you HE feels like an idiot. :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Train Plows into Half a Building in Nome: Updated at 9:20pm | KBMT ABC 12 - News, Weather and Sports - Beaumont - Port Arthur, TX Beaumont - Port Arthur, Texas | Local News Top Stories

Quote:

<H1 class=title>Train Plows into Half a Building in Nome: Updated at 9:20pm
Quote:

Bryan Rupp

Story Created: Dec 14, 2008 at 3:36 PM CST
Story Updated: Dec 14, 2008 at 9:24 PM CST

An 18-wheeler hauling half a building collided with a train Sunday, December 14 on the tracks at Highway 90 and Highway 365 in Nome.

It appears the truck got stuck while crossing the tracks.

No injuries were reported.

For more information on this story click on the "watch this video" link.

</H1>:hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno:
I came across TX105 from Austin so I could avoid Houston traffic. Was going to cut another 10 miles off the trip by going down through that crossing..but they had the road closed at the turn off in Sour Lake. They must have got tired of the "rubber-neckers". I saw this on the news, before I logged onto CAD.

rank 12-16-2008 01:21 AM

.....and the beat goes on.

Today someone thought they would save the 10 minutes it takes to detach and re-attach. He backs the RGN up to the dock and gets the shipper to drive the 30,000lb tractor across the back deck and down into the well. "Driver" says he heard a loud crack from the trailer. Remains to be seen what it will cost to repair what is likely broken cross members. Worst part is I told him not to do it that way.

Am I making yoiu feel better yet Rosty? I need a drink. sigh.

Jumbo 12-17-2008 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rank (Post 428943)
Is that all you got?

Pulled the new RGN trailer into the shop for the first time with a load on it. Straps are hooked under the bottom rail. One of the straps catches the edge of the concrete floor slab on the way in and rips the strap in two.

Potential new driver goes for a road test and one of the brake drums on the trailer is frozen and not rolling. Dragged a brand new set of tires 5 miles. They're not new anymore.

4 wheeler merging into traffic tries to beat driver but doesn't quite make it.

That's two weeks.

I bet "potential new driver" is out of potential.

RostyC 12-17-2008 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rank (Post 429087)
.....and the beat goes on.

Today someone thought they would save the 10 minutes it takes to detach and re-attach. He backs the RGN up to the dock and gets the shipper to drive the 30,000lb tractor across the back deck and down into the well. "Driver" says he heard a loud crack from the trailer. Remains to be seen what it will cost to repair what is likely broken cross members. Worst part is I told him not to do it that way.

Am I making yoiu feel better yet Rosty? I need a drink. sigh.

:thumbsup: Thanks rank, I feel a lot better. I can really beat myself up sometimes. I got a few more I'll post soon. I'm just cramped for time at the moment.

rank 12-18-2008 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jumbo (Post 429213)
I bet "potential new driver" is out of potential.

yep LOL. that was a $300 test drive.