Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Looking to buy a trailer (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/36273-looking-buy-trailer.html)

allan5oh 12-05-2008 01:18 AM

GMAN you own a transcraft combo right? How much do they weigh?

allan5oh 12-05-2008 01:52 AM

Look what I found:

Trailer Search.com - OVER THE ROAD EQUIPMENT SALES Princeton N0J 1V0 Drop Decks - 2002 REITNOUR ALUM STEP 48

allan5oh 12-05-2008 02:11 AM

Found a new one:

http://www.belltrailers.com/0000pg.asp/ID/8741/SID/1382

Fourth pic down.

You know what's the funny thing? Me and my dad rented a shop in the background of that pic, up until end of October. We just moved across the highway(not shown).

I also used to make fun of that trailer. It's been there for over a year now, I'd laugh at them for bringing in a spread(they're not legal here).

Little did I know out of my own damn ignorance, that front axle slid.......

And that I might end up buying that trailer....

GMAN 12-05-2008 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allan5oh (Post 427454)
GMAN you own a transcraft combo right? How much do they weigh?

I own a Transcraft, Allan, but it is steel and wood. If I remember correctly it weighs about 13,200 without chains, etc., My trailer also has built in container locks which adds a few hundred pounds.

rank 12-05-2008 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allan5oh (Post 427459)

We have a reitnouer. They're light but the main beams both cracked right through. Make sure you look really close at the main beams in front of the front axle.

I'd say that trailer weighs 10,000 max. Those are about 3 hours from me. I bet they go cheap because of the closed spread. I wouldn't offer $15,000 if you didn't want the trailer.

We have 3 steps and my favourite is the one with the 26" drop (36" deck height). The one that we have has 22" rims. Click the link, then click alternative views, then look at pick # 10. It weighs 10,700 as a 53'.
Wilson Trailer Company/RoadBrute

Most deep drops have the 17" rims. They really should be a tri axle to make up for the lack in braking power, but that adds more weight. If your carrier has a 33,000 max tare requirement, it sounds like they plan to load you up......even more reason for the extra axle. Too bad, that deep drop is a real money maker cuz it can bring double drop money on occasion. I've moved probably 10 "double drop" loads on ours in the last year.

allan5oh 12-05-2008 03:44 AM

GMAN, that's one heavy trailer!

Rank, would a tridem on a 48 foot trailer be legal in the states? Not sure actually.

When I spoke with them, they specifically said no tridem. Very specifically said 48 foot, deck or step, tandem, front slide optional.

Were the main beams fixable? I'll take a good look. Thanks for the tip.

GMAN 12-05-2008 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allan5oh (Post 427488)
GMAN, that's one heavy trailer!

It is a bit heavy, but it works for me. I can legally scale about 46000 pounds with my T600. With my International it can be a stretch to go much over 44,500 pounds. I don't haul a lot of heavy loads. If I do it is usually permitted anyway so it isn't much of a big deal. Most of the better paying loads are lighter anyway.

allan5oh 12-05-2008 06:52 AM

My problem is Payne is very insistent on me being as light as possible, and with the truck weighing 21,200 full of fuel with us in it, and no gear(gear will put me over 23k), I may have to bite the bullet.

In a few years, I could always spec a light truck and have a super light tare.

GMAN 12-05-2008 10:21 AM

I looked at a combo step deck a couple of months ago that weighed around 10,000. I believe it was a Manac. I think it was 51' long. It was a nice looking trailer. One thing I liked about it was that evey though it was a combo it had a lot of wood on the deck. Some shippers will not load a trailer with an all aluminum deck.

allan5oh 12-05-2008 05:32 PM

That would be nice, I am not ruling out a combo step.