Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Phoenix photo radar (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/36150-phoenix-photo-radar.html)

lowrange 11-11-2008 08:21 PM

Phoenix photo radar

Man, did this really happen? There's plenty of distance between me and anyone else but it felt like I'm flowing with traffic. I was either in the slow lane or the next one over, I think the slow lane. Right in front of me, to the side of the highway, there's a white pole, there's something like a camera flash. I look down, I'm doing 63 mph. Is that what I think it was!? :mad:

TDS 11-11-2008 10:47 PM

yep, I 10 east and westbound at the 35 ave exit and I 17 near washington st exit

marylandkw 11-11-2008 11:28 PM

I don't know about AZ but I know in MD it is just a fine, no points and nothing on your driving record(they can't prove who the driver was) Your company might get mad at you but IIRC you are an O/O, so just yell in a mirror :)

Pirate 11-11-2008 11:42 PM

A moving violation is technically a criminal offense, which results in the assessment of points and fines. In most states (if not all but hey - I'm not a lawyer and haven't checked :roll: ) a violation recorded by a traffic camera is only a civil offense, thus resulting in only the assessment of a fine - no points against the license. In Ohio (my home state), a moving violation MUST be witnessed by an officer to be considered a criminal violation unless the violation resulted in an accident with property damage in which case the property damage is considered evidence of the violation.

So - in summary - a violation recorded by a camera will most likely only result in a civil fine - no points.

Please note this posting is not to be considered legal advice in any state, territory or province. Take only as directed. Side effects may include vomiting, confusion, and possible temporary paralysis. Please seek the care of a professional.

marylandkw 11-12-2008 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirate (Post 422866)
Please note this posting is not to be considered legal advice in any state, territory or province. Take only as directed. Side effects may include vomiting, confusion, and possible temporary paralysis. Please seek the care of a professional.

I was experiencing all these symptoms before I read your post...what does that mean? :)

ronjon619 11-12-2008 12:48 AM

They are just revenue makers for the county.

BigDiesel 11-12-2008 01:05 AM

If one obeys the speed limit and traffic laws, there is never any reason to fear photo radar.

The_Tucson_Kid 11-12-2008 01:35 AM

It is not reportable at this time for CDL holders it will just be a civil fine. But the DPS badly wants to change that in the next legislative session and they will probably get their way, but not at this time.

AZ requires that you be served in person. Some have thrown the tickets in the mail and it eventually goes away, some have tried that and got "found". You get an extra $25 added to the bill for the service.

If you are out of state, you might try your luck.

I got a photo ticket from Phoenix in the mail about 6mo ago. It was the wrong plate, wrong car, and I have not been to Phoenix in several years. I was able to get it dismissed but it was a headache none the less.

Commercialization traffic enforcement is the first step down a long slippery slope.

Also, 6 over is a warning letter, 11 over is the ticket.

lowrange 11-12-2008 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Tucson_Kid (Post 422879)
It is not reportable at this time for CDL holders it will just be a civil fine. But the DPS badly wants to change that in the next legislative session and they will probably get their way, but not at this time.

AZ requires that you be served in person. Some have thrown the tickets in the mail and it eventually goes away, some have tried that and got "found". You get an extra $25 added to the bill for the service.

If you are out of state, you might try your luck.

I got a photo ticket from Phoenix in the mail about 6mo ago. It was the wrong plate, wrong car, and I have not been to Phoenix in several years. I was able to get it dismissed but it was a headache none the less.

Commercialization traffic enforcement is the first step down a long slippery slope.

Also, 6 over is a warning letter, 11 over is the ticket.

YATZHEE!!!!

Oh man, wouldn't that be awesome! Honestly, I'm a 60 mph driver unless I'm trying to sling this tank up a hill.

Curious, where the hell did all you guys come from!? :smokin: I just wonder if there are 10 people who look at this board for every one who actually posts.

A warning letter....Jesus, let it be!

lowrange 11-12-2008 02:26 AM

[clean up on aisle 4...mop mop]
Look at this PM Big Diesel sent me. The guy is not right. I'd better shut up, Rev will be over here standing by his man. :rofl: