Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   pnuematic tank blower (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/36121-pnuematic-tank-blower.html)

bconn 11-08-2008 07:33 PM

pnuematic tank blower

Anybody know anything about blowers for pnuematic tanks? I am leased to Oakley in Little Rock and their price seems really high over 9k installed. Is this about right or can I get one cheaper somewhere else. Thanks, Buddy

Orangetxguy 11-08-2008 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bconn (Post 422260)
Anybody know anything about blowers for pnuematic tanks? I am leased to Oakley in Little Rock and their price seems really high over 9k installed. Is this about right or can I get one cheaper somewhere else. Thanks, Buddy

Actually...for the blower they are installing...that price is about $1,800 lower than you would pay at Southwest Pneaumatics in Houston. I'm figuring that they are also installing the PTO and drive shaft.

Fredog 11-20-2008 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bconn (Post 422260)

if it's a pto blower, that's a good price, if it's an exhaust blower, you are being ripped off

GrayBeard 11-21-2008 10:06 PM

Obviously, I have been away from pnuematic tanks for too long. The last Drum Blower I bought cost $2,200.00 and a Garner-Denver was about $3,500.00 at that time.

Amazing how much the prices have gone up in a relatively short period of time.

Orangetxguy 11-21-2008 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrayBeard (Post 424558)
Obviously, I have been away from pnuematic tanks for too long. The last Drum Blower I bought cost $2,200.00 and a Garner-Denver was about $3,500.00 at that time.

Amazing how much the prices have gone up in a relatively short period of time.

Gardner Denver bought out Drum. Now each blower is pretty much product slecific. Plastic's take one style. Cement and Bentonite another style, fly-ash yet another. I was quoted $9,800 installed, by Southwest Pneumatics for a blower for cement and bentonite. That was including a new drive shaft. PTO already on the truck.

GrayBeard 11-21-2008 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orangetxguy (Post 424562)
Gardner Denver bought out Drum. Now each blower is pretty much product slecific. Plastic's take one style. Cement and Bentonite another style, fly-ash yet another. I was quoted $9,800 installed, by Southwest Pneumatics for a blower for cement and bentonite. That was including a new drive shaft. PTO already on the truck.

Damn, things are getting too specialized. I have used Drum and Gardner Denver (before the merger) to push sand, fly ash, cement, lime, activated carbon, and plastic pellets just to name a few. I always liked the Gardner Denver for the amount of air they made, even at idle. I had a Heil 1040 cube trailer (purchased new in 2002) with a Drum blower. I could push 27 tons of cement in about 30 minutes. Nothing like a new trailer and a fresh blower.