Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   anyone know anything about Langer transport O/O program (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/35555-anyone-know-anything-about-langer-transport-o-o-program.html)

moe 09-16-2008 08:49 PM

thanks---- I'll stay away from enterprise anyway. I'll let everyone know how it works out. Maybe since there's a lack of info thats a good thing. My trucks paid for as is my equipment so I won't be captured and put on a leash.

Maniac 09-16-2008 09:32 PM

Moe, check Horizon Tank out of Wilmington NC, I believe they have a terminal in Greenville SC and in Augusta ga

moe 09-17-2008 01:12 AM

I looked up Horizon and they have terminals in Charleston, Augusta and Charlotte. All would be 100 or more miles. Unless I hear some really bad testimonials I'm going to try Langer out, in fact I probably will be going tomorrow to sign on. I have to say I liked the people at the terminal I talked with and based on that and the tank terminal is only 10 miles from the house, among other things and haven't heard any bad war stories i'm doing it. I do appreciate the feedback I have recieved, thanks

mike3fan 09-17-2008 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moe
I looked up Horizon and they have terminals in Charleston, Augusta and Charlotte. All would be 100 or more miles. Unless I hear some really bad testimonials I'm going to try Langer out, in fact I probably will be going tomorrow to sign on. I have to say I liked the people at the terminal I talked with and based on that and the tank terminal is only 10 miles from the house, among other things and haven't heard any bad war stories i'm doing it. I do appreciate the feedback I have recieved, thanks

Keep us informed,it would be interesting to hear what the actual pay and working conditions are like over there.

GTR SILVER 09-17-2008 02:04 AM

moe,

keep us posted....................... inquiring minds want to know............

BOL 2 ya................ 8) 8) 8) 8)

moe 09-17-2008 10:12 AM

The next two days I will be going thru somewhat of an orientation. I will know much more and will try to keep you up with it (if it's not to boring) The reason I say somewhat is I don't actually go thru a school, I will be learning thier ways at thier Rock Hill, SC terminal. ===

mudpuddle 09-17-2008 02:17 PM

Since you are in Greenville Spartanburg give AJ Wigand a call. If they need guys I have heard from a couple of their O/O's that they are a great company. They are small but I have heard they are very good to work with, kind of like Heniff.

moe 09-17-2008 10:29 PM

A.J weigand is a great company, I was leased to them for 4 years in the early 90's but some times you just don't want to go back where you were. I would recommend them highly to anyone but I'm kind a ready for a new adventure. Besides I already have started the process, but thanks for the good advice. I'm in a motel in Rock Hill at the moment by way of Langer and they seem to be really nice people, they pay for my training time and also a $5000.00 sign on bonus stretched out. Unless anything unforseen happens i'm sticking it out.

GTR SILVER 10-01-2008 05:11 AM

moe...........let us know how your making out...................if you have any info on the company side let me know..........
BOL 2 ya.... 8) 8) 8)

moe 10-03-2008 08:56 PM

I just finished my 2nd week. So far I like it, but I have not been payed yet. As far as the work and the people I am working with goes it's great. The trailers seem to be in good shape and so far have mostly been air ride. The company doesn't seem to have a lot of nit-picking rules and it's actually been enjoyable. It is the complete oppisite of QC. If the money is decent I will be very happy here. Thanks for asking. I would have responded sooner but could not get on to this site. As things unfold I will keep you all up on my progress.