Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers

Trucker Forum - Trucking & Driving Forums - Class A Drivers (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/)
-   Owner Operators Forums (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums-105/)
-   -   Do you take weight into account when you book a load? (https://www.classadrivers.com/forum/owner-operators-forums/35340-do-you-take-weight-into-account-when-you-book-load.html)

NotSteve 09-05-2008 08:20 AM

And Rev, it's become obvious how bitter you are about everything. We can tell how bad things are with you and your job by your posts. It's like a temper tantrum barometer with you. First the HHG then the office cubes and next will be your departure from LS but I'm sure there will be plenty of heads up given the tone of your posts.

It really must suck to be you!

Some day you will realize how much it's worth to be happy!! Money is not everything. I gave up $115,000 per year to do this.

BigDiesel 09-05-2008 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago

Ignorance is bliss and your numbers, as usual, are BS.

Rev....... It is mind boggling on how clueless some of these so called business men/women are......

So..... charged and notsteve what are your BEP and ROI numbers ?????

Notsteve, I honestly enjoy reading your trials and tribulations as a O/O, but please leave your numbers out.

NotSteve 09-05-2008 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigDiesel

Really really good thanks!!! Actually Tod, I have no F'ing idea to tell you the truth.

And thank you, I enjoy posting about my travels. It's too bad more of you don't do that like Doghouse, YOU and other people. I'm assuming I'm the only one with balls to post what happens.

I can remember Novacane and her/him posts. I couldn't wait to get into work to read them.

Rev.Vassago 09-05-2008 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NotSteve
And Rev, it's become obvious how bitter you are about everything. We can tell how bad things are with you and your job by your posts. It's like a temper tantrum barometer with you. First the HHG then the office cubes and next will be your departure from LS but I'm sure there will be plenty of heads up given the tone of your posts.

Nope - no departure from LS. I love it here and still wish I would have come here sooner. But your numbers are still BS, from the $1.90 per mile average to the 900 miles per week doing short haul. Hell, the dedicated run I'm doing right now is 370 miles one way, puts me right through the middle of Chicago twice a day, and I can still pull off 2300 - 3000 miles a week, depending upon whether I do 3 runs a week or 4. And to top it off, I am earning more than your fabricated $1.90 per mile for the effort, even with the 50% deadhead miles.

Quote:

I'm assuming I'm the only one with balls to post what happens.
That might be true if you actually posted everything that happened, the way it happened. I'd love to hear the story of how you dropped a pipe off your trailer. Do you have the balls to post that?

BigDiesel 09-05-2008 08:59 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Really really good thanks!!! Actually Tod, I have no F'ing idea to tell you the truth.

And thank you, I enjoy posting about my travels. It's too bad more of you don't do that like Doghouse, YOU and other people. I'm assuming I'm the only one with balls to post what happens.

I can remember Novacane and her/him posts. I couldn't wait to get into work to read them.

Its two " d's " thanks.........

Your posts about your adventures on the road, are no different from mine or my drivers..... I prefer to focus on business aspect, and let others who are better and have more patience at describing the day to day adventures of this endeavor, than I can.

NotSteve 09-05-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev.Vassago
I'd love to hear the story of how you dropped a pipe off your trailer. Do you have the balls to post that?

I didn't drop a pipe. Mike tends to make things up like the $4.00 per mile. Here is the email I sent him with regards to the pipe. I keep every single post, email and fax I've ever had right back to the 1970's.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the link to the other forum but I'm afraid certain people
would follow me there and it's just taken it's toll on me. Much more
has happened while I've been on the road that I haven't mentioned but
I would have loved to but it would have turned into a huge bashing. The
leaking air thing that I called roadside assistance for was my fault. I
replaced my other air hose and when I hooked back up I switched the red and blue by mistake and that makes that air release valve open up. Stupid stuff but I really wanted to tell that and other dumb stuff. Oh well.

I'm sitting at a truckstop on 25 off exit 110 in Colorado headed for
Surprise Arizona with a butt load of plastic pipe. They wrote that it weighs 25,000 and there's no way. It's like I have nothing behind me.

Things are going good. Bad weather, chains and LOTS of truck and car
accidents. I'm keeping a huge distance and just taking my time.

Steve

NotSteve 09-05-2008 09:38 AM

Quote:

Its two " d's " thanks.........

Ok, sorry. Lets see. Codd, Bodd, Godd, Nodd, Podd, Rodd, Sodd.

Never ceases to amaze me.

My buddy Al Legere got married to Alice. All of a sudden his last name was now demanded to be pronounced Lay-ghair and her name was now pronounced Ah-lease.

Rev.Vassago 09-05-2008 09:39 AM

Just out of curiosity, Steve, do you have any idea why I've always been so rough on you? This is an honest, non-sarcastic question.

NotSteve 09-05-2008 09:41 AM

I know this is one of those Lucy/Charlie Brown football things....but No, I don't.

Rev.Vassago 09-05-2008 10:18 AM

Quote:

I know this is one of those Lucy/Charlie Brown football things...

It honestly isn't.

When you first started posting about your adventure, there was so much you didn't know (I'm sure you'll admit that), and there were quite a few people here (myself included) who offered advice or corrected misconceptions you had. Your response was to lash out at anyone who dared challenge your thinking. The earliest instance of this I can recall is the whole "drug consortium" instance, where you went on a vicious attack because I dared to correct misinformation that you were given. Needless to say, it rubbed me the wrong way, as I'm sure it did others.

That, as I'm sure you are well aware, prompted me to start nitpicking your posts. We both know that there has been stuff you exaggerated, and stuff you left out. That just further served to irritate me more, so I called BS. A lot. Eventually it became a game to me - seeing what I figured you weren't being truthful on. All it would have taken was honesty - both the good and bad, and I would have gotten bored with the game.

Looking back on your story you've posted, do you honestly think you would have had the balls to admit to hauling an $0.85 per mile load? How about starting your truck on fire twice? Hell - I did both of those things unprompted, knowing full well what would happen when I did. Anyone who has been in trucking long enough knows it isn't as rosy as the picture you paint, and you can be sure that someone is going to call you out on it. I just happened to be more vocal, and more abrasive when doing so.

Believe me - a completely honest story is far more interesting to read, and generates far fewer attacks. My thread on going to Landstar, my thread on building an APU, and my 20 questions threads are good examples. I'm not trying to prop myself up here as some sort of posting icon or anything, because I'm not. I'm just saying people enjoy hearing every side, and love to offer suggestions. Nobody says you have to take their suggestions, but you should at least appreciate the fact that they cared enough to offer it.

Just sayin'.